Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 08:47   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sumit Bhatti View Post
An excellent observation ! But may be denying a license by failing a candidate again and again violates the fundamental right to drive !
I dont think driving is a right. It is a responsibility where you are in charge of a vehicle which can cause damage to others. And that needs skill. So if a person does fail the test it means he/she has to practice/improve before driving on the road. Alongwith other road users, a bad driver is a danger to him/herself.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:27   #32
BHPian

Just being sarcastic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sumit Bhatti View Post
May be denying a license by failing a candidate again and again violates the fundamental right to drive !
Just being sarcastic !
(should have put that into italics and quotes)
Old 28th March 2009, 18:15   #33
BHPian

@Dr. Sumit Bhatti: I get it now! No offence meant.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
...The plan is to have a lunch at Pandara Road and then go for a stroll to Khan Market.

As planned we arrive at Pandara Road, park the car quiet nicely without leaving any room for errors, and also maintaining a safe distance from the other cars parked.

After lunch, i come back, get in the car and drive off to Khan Market.

In Khan Market, park the car quiet nicely again as usual.

The parking attendents are mere jokers there collecting money and handing over chits, they care a damn if someone'e vehicle gets a scratch or something gets broken. Its not there responsibililty anyways.
Not in Khan Market, they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmur View Post
People in India have no time to think about others so dont fear getting a scratch on the car.
I am an Indian. And offended.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:32   #35
BHPian

Its amazing how guys on 2 wheelers ride around with scant regard for other peoples lives/property, and least of all regard for their own lives. But to my disdain I have been on the receiving end of 'advice' from certain 2 wheeler riders - these guys are rash to say the least, and have no sense of responsibility wihle riding. But when I in my car think its ok to go a little faster on a relatively empty road, I am apparently supposed to pay my homages to other 2 wheelers around and slow down, cause in case there is a collision I will be safe in the car, but they apparently can ride around as rashly as they want, but expect us to provide guarantee for their lives when were driving. These guys find it fun to ride at 80 to 100km/hr on their bikes, but 60km/hr in a car scares the wits out of them apparently. Amazing logic!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks