Team-BHP > Street Experiences

View Poll Results: Do you get provoked easily by other drivers?
Yes 170 60.28%
No 112 39.72%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 15:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Do you get provoked easily on the road?

Yesterday early morning around 05.30 hrs traveled around 30 kms for visiting a consultant & while coming back after an hour, road is more densely populated with cars, 2-wheelers/autos. I was following the traffic on a single road hearing melody songs from my collections.

The traffic ahead me, came to a standstill & I took time for adjusting my audio settings. I could see in my left outer rear view mirror, a white indica, trying to squeeze into a non-existent gap. He took extreme left, get passed few autos and cycle walas only to get struck behind a stationed lorry. As the traffic started to flow & when I was about to pass him, he tried to get into the lane. I picked up the pace to ensure that he does not get into the road as he was continuously pressing the horn as if someone is blocking his way. He should be in his early twenties & talking on phone via handsfree

Road opened up & me seeing him in the rear view mirror, picked up the speed drastically. Have gained considerable distance & could see that indica doing all sort of magic’s to get pass heavy vehicles, behind which he got struck.

He got me up in next junction parking parallel on my left. We both inched forward at every given opportunity with utmost concentration not to hit the vehicle in front.

When again the traffic was struck for few minutes, only when I realized my stupidity

“Why am I spoiling a beautiful early morning drive like this?”
“Why should I get easily provoked on such acts by other drivers?”

Also I very well knew, one will be bit emotionally charged at such drives. Here Iam risking my car, myself and as well other road users.

When the traffic started to snarl, I picked up very slowly allowing him to cut pass my car.

Next came a school crossing, where an aged watchman, appointed to control the traffic for kids to cross the road was struggling to stop the flow.

I stopped my car & watched those small kids rushing to the other side of the road with melodies from my collection of best songs. I could see all smiles at the old man for making his job bit easier. I decided to take this lesson to the best possible extent & not to get tempted by others be it a highway or a local road. Let me drive the way I wish and not let others to determine that.

Last edited by Surprise : 30th March 2009 at 15:35.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Do I get provoked? Not any more. Don't ask why. I really don't know.
But I used to when I was single and had a bike, 180cc. I still have the bike but I don't push it nor do I get provoked. The reason might be the advertisement below or I have got matured without me noticing it happen or sudden brain activity hinting towards its unworthiness.
Attached Thumbnails
Do you get provoked easily on the road?-part-1.1.2.jpg  

Old 30th March 2009, 16:10   #3
BHPian

My answer is no because, I have taken the word "easily" in your question as the important criteria to base my answer on.

In normal situations I do not get provoked to behave like the other maniac but in case if he hits me or tries to harm me, then i would not leave him if possible.

The same thing happened to me on Saturday night while I was returning from work where I had to take a right turn from the signal. I never cut the red signal and as the signal turned green, I took my right turn and there was a NHC next to me doing the same. Both of us were driving safely enough not to hit each other while taking the turn suddenly another i10 comes with full speed scraping my front left bumper and zooming off. I was so scared at that time because if I would have been even half a feet on the left or my speed would have been more then 50kmph, It was a complete disaster waiting to happen. Luckily for me I was doing not more then 25 kmph as I had just taken a turn, otherwise I would have lost the drip of the steering and would have hit the NHC badly who in turn would have banged into the divider.

I could see him driving like a maniac all way through and I too picked up speed on the Palm beach road vashi, as it happened at the start of Palm beach itself. As I neared the first signal, I was just behind him but the light turned green and some stupid Esteem fellow who wanted to take a wrong left turn came in between, other wise I was provoked enough to show him some driving etiquette. I still managed to catch him but as I had to take left for my home and He went straight so left it at that.

I reached home and checked for the damage but luckily it was just a few scratches.

Frankly, I too realised that I was scared of the consequences after I reached home but thanked God for willing otherwise.

So if incidences like these happen, I would surely get provoked but not otherwise.

Mansi
Old 30th March 2009, 16:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
My answer is no because, I have taken the word "easily" in your question as the important criteria to base my answer on.
Infact, I knew that poll title has to be amended the moment I pressed the submit button. There is no option to edit the poll title. Hence requested Mods to alter it
Old 30th March 2009, 16:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

I used to get provoked easily a few years ago but that has reduced a lot now.

I guess everyone goes through that phase where you wanna race each and every speeding vehicle on the road. For most, it doesn't last for long and they sober down.

Shan2nu
Old 30th March 2009, 17:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
I guess everyone goes through that phase where you wanna race each and every speeding vehicle on the road. For most, it doesn't last for long and they sober down.
+1 to this. Even today, I get provoked if anybody cuts in front of me dangerously. I yell at them or honk for around 2~3 secs which will relieve me very much.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:20   #7
BHPian

I don't usually get provoked by other drivers. It might happen on an average 2 times a month when I am having a bad day. Else I try to keep calm and never race or get agitated easily.

Remember if some one cuts or overtakes you, "He/She will have to go all around the world to overtake me again" lolz.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:27   #8
Team-BHP Support

My unfortunate answer to the question is YES.

More details here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...revention.html
Old 30th March 2009, 17:32   #9
BHPian

I get provoked to the extent that anybody who touches my car is dead meat.

The two wheelers are the ones who provoke me the most. Luck has it that everytime I wait in the signal the dumb two wheelers kiss my bumper(because of which they have to kiss their as..s goodbye).
Old 30th March 2009, 17:34   #10
BHPian

Most of the time I get provoked, if I am following my lane and some stupid try to get in between.
Old 30th March 2009, 18:47   #11
BHPian

I usually dont get provoked on the road. However if I am driving right and some jerk breaking rules/driving rash honks or shouts at me then its a different story. But even that has reduced as I like my car too much to risk it over some maniac on the road.
Old 30th March 2009, 18:59   #12
BHPian

My honest answer to this poll is "I Do"!
I know I should not get provoked, but still I do.
Over the time I have learnt lessons, and trying hard, and now I think I am much better than a few years back.
Hope soon I will be able to say "I do Not".
Old 30th March 2009, 19:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

as sunju baba said in some movie-Control kar yaaar...and I control the anger.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:58   #14
BHPian

i usually drive very slow in the city limits on the highway its another matter but still if someone honks and wants to overtake i slowdown and give them space to overtake and continue at my own pace
Old 30th March 2009, 20:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

I usually get provoked with the bad and highly spirited drivers. Usually I encounter such people in morning while moving to office. What I do... Let them dig into their spirit !!

Most Viewed