Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 00:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
No way a government servant can afford those kinds of cars with legit income.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
have you ever been to india? LOL
The gentleman who made the original remark is a government servant of some seniority.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Well kaushik when kids are born with a Golden Spoon in their mouth and the parents are not bothered and are always busy amongs themselves, then these things do happen. U need not be a psycho killer to chase and shoot somebody, you just need to be a stinking rich spoilt kid...
Yup, I've seen rich kids, there are few good ones but most of others are very much spoiled. But anyway the news item says that it's the bodyguard (i.e. Kumar) who shot the bullets. Hence I asked. And obviously I'm supporting that kind of act, not in my life. But I don't support the kind of punishment what some members are advocating. If that has to happen then where's the difference between us and those spoiled brats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
No way a government servant can afford those kinds of cars with legit income.
Very true. It's very difficult to have those many cars without being corrupt. Very difficult.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 31st March 2009 at 00:38.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:38   #18
BHPian

Hey, The guy who owened the bmw is my family friend more of a brother to me cause we grew up together. As you all have seen and heard that he had a P.S.O. People keep a security guard if they have threat to their security. The reason the gun was shot was because there was a threat to his life as the Indica person started fighting with the P.S.O and even damaged the bmw.
I dont know of how you guys would really feel of the whole case but all im tryin to do is justifying. Its not that people have unlimited money so they can do whatever they want. There are so many of us on this form who have bmw's merc's. And if they were stuck in a situation i dont think you would blame them cause they had a bigger car. We all know media hypes up every situation puttin the moneied person into light.Hope you understand what im trying to say
Old 31st March 2009, 00:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Stay away from BMW !!!

And there is no punishment in India that's why this type of incidents occurs.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The gentleman who made the original remark is a government servant of some seniority.
hence the LOL...i was trying to be funny.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:42   #21
BHPian

And i blame media for getting the names involved. Hes just in the 12th and has a whole life ahead and the media is blaming him for self defense. I guess if there wasnt so much crime in India all this would'nt happen. I hope im right
Old 31st March 2009, 00:47   #22
BHPian

BMW has flourished their name in India in wrong reason.... Great Marketing strategy

Problem is with our education and easy money. I have seen many people drive their car with M2 (Money and Muscle) power rather than Brain and Skill.
Old 31st March 2009, 01:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroniq View Post
Hey, The guy who owened the bmw is my family friend more of a brother to me cause we grew up together. As you all have seen and heard that he had a P.S.O. People keep a security guard if they have threat to their security. The reason the gun was shot was because there was a threat to his life as the Indica person started fighting with the P.S.O and even damaged the bmw.
I dont know of how you guys would really feel of the whole case but all im tryin to do is justifying. Its not that people have unlimited money so they can do whatever they want. There are so many of us on this form who have bmw's merc's. And if they were stuck in a situation i dont think you would blame them cause they had a bigger car. We all know media hypes up every situation puttin the moneied person into light.Hope you understand what im trying to say
Exactly this is the reason I asked to know the other side of the story. There is always a other side of the story and without knowing that we shouldn't make our judgment. Thanks for letting us know the other side of the story. Although I'm late to say it but nevertheless I'll say that we still have the mindset that the bigger car/vehicle is always at the fault and that shows in our posts.
No, I'm not supporting the BMW people but I'm not supporting the Indica guy too. This seems to be a case of a pure road-rage then of a case of spoiled kid shooting. As I told before, media always hype up the things if they see a scoop in it.
Old 31st March 2009, 01:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reason the gun was shot was because there was a threat to his life as the Indica person started fighting with the P.S.O and even damaged the bmw.
So I guess this is the pitch thats going to be used by the defence attorney.
Old 31st March 2009, 01:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
So I guess this is the pitch thats going to be used by the defence attorney.
Well i guess the truth remains the truth be it sweet or bitter
Old 31st March 2009, 01:26   #26
BANNED

Totally OT: Somebody's been reading a lot of Perry Mason!
Old 31st March 2009, 01:27   #27
BHPian

Hi guys, My first post on TBHB.

On to topic. I see a lot of bashing for the rich kid, his guard and the driver. WHY, does anybody know the complete story or you guys seriously believe the news channels with the bull **** they feed us. If i for one could afford a BMW for my kid then i would make sure that he if young does not drive it(hence the driver) and he should be safe all the time(I am sure everybody remembers the famous kidnapping case of Adobe system's CEO's son and the 50Lac ransom).

I am sure there must be a valid reason for all this to happen. The kid wasn't drunk or was driving or was shooting. So what exactly did the kid do wrong except for being a rich son. And for the security guard i am sure he must have been doing his duty otherwise an armed guard with a valid licensed gun wont be getting that high a salary that he goes about shooting cars.

TBH i seriously feel pity for the guys who make loose comments or pass judgments without even giving the situation a practical thought. And as for TV channels, well shame on them for using cheap tactics to gain worthless TRP's just to call them NO.1 news channel of the country :@
Old 31st March 2009, 01:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Stay away from BMW !!!

And there is no punishment in India that's why this type of incidents occurs.
Arre LBM ji,

It's always the person who is the perpetrator, the car didn't fire anything ? (the gun).

It's not the car in question which is the villain. There are people who take the law for granted in a situation of road rage or DUI.

This is a case of a licensed fire arm being used by an authorised person, the case wont take two hours to turn into a case of self defence. (the bullets were fired for self defence etc.) Kidnapping, attempt to murder etc etc, these are the funny outcomes of this one.

Regards
M

Last edited by mmmjgm : 31st March 2009 at 01:37.
Old 31st March 2009, 07:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

When will idiots on the road start using automobiles for transportation/pleasure instead of using them as tools for chest beating and mine-is-bigger-than-yours contests ? Eventually, thats cause for a lot of the road rage incidents we see - some weird reasons and ego clashes around "how dare you overtake me" or "how dare you not give way" ? Its everyone's roads, and keep your horsepower and acceleration for the track/private roads please.

We probably need psychiatric tests before issuing licenses as well. Morons with image issues who want to use cars to prove a point certainly do not deserve to be on our roads. Or their drivers, as in this case.
Old 31st March 2009, 08:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...The reason the gun was shot was because there was a threat to his life as the Indica person started fighting with the P.S.O and even damaged the bmw...
I do understand the thing about news channels and their spicy reporting, but what is the truth? You have not mentioned what actually happened?

The article says that the BMW driver went and blocked the Indica. And how does using a weapon on an un-armed person make sense. This is the classic Isreali-Palestine kind of situation. One side with slings throwing stones and other side with automatics!

And when you say that this persons life was in danger, how? Was the Indica driver a known enemy or had a grudge against your friend to just come out on the highway and kill him, that too following a BMW in a Indica?

Come on, if this is the logic (rather defense) you have, then all of us should be carrying and using guns!!!

And if this PSO is not able to defend his client from one person and needs a gun, God should save your friend if indeed there is a real issue!

Most Viewed