Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 08:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroniq View Post
Hey, The guy who owened the bmw is my family friend more of a brother to me cause we grew up together. As you all have seen and heard that he had a P.S.O. People keep a security guard if they have threat to their security. The reason the gun was shot was because there was a threat to his life as the Indica person started fighting with the P.S.O and even damaged the bmw.
I dont know of how you guys would really feel of the whole case but all im tryin to do is justifying. Its not that people have unlimited money so they can do whatever they want. There are so many of us on this form who have bmw's merc's. And if they were stuck in a situation i dont think you would blame them cause they had a bigger car. We all know media hypes up every situation puttin the moneied person into light.Hope you understand what im trying to say
Thanks for the clarification, but can you post the exact sequence of events that happened.
The news site seems to have missed some things and you have been rather vague. I assume you know exactly what happened and it will be good if you share it.
Old 31st March 2009, 08:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Is it really to do anything with the make/model of the car? I doubt.

Quote:
No way a government servant can afford those kinds of cars with legit income.
Umm, what do we call those politicians? Oh, Public servant
Old 31st March 2009, 09:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

What I quite dislike is the association of BMW with such incidents. It's always the BMW hit-and-run case, or the drunk BMW driver, infact it's become such a taken-for-granted situation that even in the movie Dev D they've depicted a rich drunk youth mowing down pavement dwellers with his 7-series. What nonsense?

And of course the thread title is only suggesting the facts and nothing else, but it sounds as if it's BMW v/s Tata Indica or something like that.

By the way, if it was a newspaper, the headline would have gone something like "man shot by youth in BMW" or so. Since this is team-bhp, it goes thus; "BMW occupant shoots at Indica"
Old 31st March 2009, 10:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Well, do anyone have the complete picture? I mean why this chasing/shooting started? No, I'm not saying that what the BMW guys did was acceptable but I just want to know what exactly happened. .
Quote:
The reason the gun was shot was because there was a threat to his life as the Indica person started fighting with the P.S.O and even damaged the bmw.
The papers report something different!

The Indica dared to overtake the BMW.
BMW overtakes Indica and blocks it.
Arguments ensue.
Guard shoots four rounds from his gun!
BMW trying to drive off. Nearby villagers surround BMW, preventing a getaway and break its rear screen plus some more damage to the car!
Old 31st March 2009, 10:05   #35
BANNED

@Switch - I understand the need for a PSO. and a driver.

But the article says that the BMW followed the Indica and then, occupants of the BMW shot at the Indica / its occupants. If provocation was offered by the Indica, why was the BMW chasing it?

I have just one word for guys here - in India, rule of the "bigger one is always at fault" prevails on our roads; so if things go bad, the bigger guy should take care not to give any provocation, and have the grace to lose. He has most to lose.

Ah. as already pointed out, it is like what is happening in Palestine. First take their land. Then ask them to leave. Raze their houses, take away their jobs. And when they pelt stones, brand them terrorists.

Quote:
Umm, what do we call those politicians? Oh, Public servant
My post was in response to post by aggoswami:-

Quote:
In other direction there is some one who works in municipal co-operation or at some social servant grade.
And you guys left out the "legit" income part, did you not?

PS:- I do not have a car - my car is paid for by my wife, who works and earns more than me. ;-(

PPS:- And she has allowed me to describe it as "my" car. ;-)
Old 31st March 2009, 10:22   #36
BHPian

Waaw we are only two years behind the English... Jezza used to say that cocks drive BMWs; and that was two years back. Now he says the cocks moved to Audis, so guys, watch out for Audis too...
Old 31st March 2009, 10:34   #37
BHPian

Oh My God, I really dislike hearing such news. It really lowers my hopes in humanity in general. I do not read it is BMW or any car brand. As far as I'm concerned it can be any car model. It is the event which is disheartening.

I think there is more to the story than what has been written. As mentioned earlier here, it is suspicious that a security person should have to resort to firing his weapon. As far as I know, discharging a weapon is normally to be the last resort, when there is a perceived threat to one's life (or in this case the life of the protectee)

But then again, on the roads anything can happen, I would not be surprised if the Indica driver was trying to show that he could race against an "expensive' car. Still, this does not translate into a live threatening situation, else there would be such incidents daily all over India!!!
Old 31st March 2009, 10:37   #38
BHPian

Well NCR is a rather scary place to be in. Such nuisance are a commoncause Delhi's roads are over numbered by "First Time Drivers" be it bikes are cars. Additionally on one side its the adjoining villages from Haryana and other its the UP, and high interconnectivity for daily commuters from such places ROBS the capital of any aesthetic sense left(They treat Delhi roads synonimous to their village lanes). When you see such a law less state of affairs - you also tend to make your way out or be keep waiting on roads for some one to offer you any space.
Hence whatever little morale was left evaporates into road rage.

In My opinion both are at fault- wrt the article in TOI Indica driver wasn't giving side and following the altercation was threatening the PSO to shoot.
This enraged him to use his weapon. As Indica driver is a taxi stand owner i can relate to the kind of person he might be and must have not left any possibility for the guard to ignore him.Its always not so easy to do.

Whatever has happened is a sad and reflects the state of affair as a whole.
Some one said it right in the posts- "Everyone thinks only he has the right to live and others should seek his permission to breathe". This rudimentary arrogance is driving situation from worse to worst. No Hope anywhere.
Old 31st March 2009, 10:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, The guy who owened the bmw is my family friend more of a brother to me cause we grew up together. As you all have seen and heard that he had a P.S.O. People keep a security guard if they have threat to their security. The reason the gun was shot was because there was a threat to his life as the Indica person started fighting with the P.S.O and even damaged the bmw.
I dont know of how you guys would really feel of the whole case but all im tryin to do is justifying. Its not that people have unlimited money so they can do whatever they want. There are so many of us on this form who have bmw's merc's. And if they were stuck in a situation i dont think you would blame them cause they had a bigger car. We all know media hypes up every situation puttin the moneied person into light.Hope you understand what im trying to say
How did the situation where the BMW occupants had to act in self defense arise? I mean weren't both the cars moving on the road? Why did the Indica person have to start fighting? Any idea? From the media reports, the BMW guys overtook the Indica and stopped him on the road to start an argument, and in that case, they are clearly the aggressors, So if the Indica guy attacked the BMW occupants, it was after he was provoked by being stopped on the road.
Old 31st March 2009, 13:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

I apologise if the thread title is misleading. Can mods change it to
"Road rage results in shots being fired" or something neutral.
And can kroniq please tell exactly what happened so that we can stop making theories.
Old 31st March 2009, 13:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
And can kroniq please tell exactly what happened so that we can stop making theories.
I had posted this before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
The papers report something different!

The Indica (dared!) to overtake the BMW.
BMW overtakes Indica and blocks it.
Arguments ensue.
Guard from BMW shoots four rounds from his gun! On of the shots breaks the Indica's rear glass.
BMW trying to drive off. Nearby villagers surround BMW, preventing a getaway and break its rear screen plus some more damage to the car!
This is what I gathered from Mail Today.
Old 31st March 2009, 14:09   #42
BHPian

It all started when the indica guy overtook the BMW the Indica people abused them. In return the pso abused back resulting in a quarell. The indica guy being in front of the bmw stoped the car to a halt and slapped the pso in return the pso slapped him back and a small fight brok out between them. There was a taxi stand near the area as it was a village and the village people gathered around and started throwing stones at BMW as the Indica guy was from the village. In self defence a bullet was shot in the air which deflected and hit the windscreen. The point was just to scare the mob and not hurt the person nor an attempt to murder. My friend whose name has been involved too was just sitting inside the car the whole time. The villagers damaged the car baddly throwing stones at them. To save his life he fled from there and was caught at the checkpoint. I guess this case has just been turned the other way round and been made a attempt to murder. There was nothing like that but just self defence
Old 31st March 2009, 15:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

So we have a new version to the story now. I sure hope that the truth comes out and the culprits are punished!
Old 31st March 2009, 15:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It all started when the indica guy overtook the BMW the Indica people abused them...
So, you are saying that there were multiple people in the Indica?

Quote:
... The indica guy being in front of the bmw stoped the car to a halt and slapped the pso in return the pso slapped him back and a small fight brok out between them...
So, this would actually place the Indica on the front of the BMW and not the other way around, as made out by the papers.

Quote:
... There was a taxi stand near the area as it was a village and the village people gathered around and started throwing stones at BMW as the Indica guy was from the village...
This is the worst situation!

Quote:
... In self defence a bullet was shot in the air which deflected and hit the windscreen...
mmmm.....

But why 3 shots? Well, that is what that has been mentioned in the paper.

Quote:
... There was nothing like that but just self defence
This is nothing but road rage gone wrong! The PSO though he has a gun or he has influence or what and the he will be able to smash up the Indica guy (or guys!). The Indica person (or people) knew that it is near their village and they can do what ever they want!

Just being at the wrong place at the wrong time! :(
Old 31st March 2009, 15:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

All said and done..firing at the car is very dangerous,supposed someone gets hit by the bullet.Surely u cant take the law in to ur hands.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Please type 'You' Instead of 'u' & 'your' instead of 'ur'.

Last edited by Technocrat : 31st March 2009 at 16:11. Reason: see note in post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks