Team-BHP - Encounter with an Auto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Encounter with an Auto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/56069-encounter-auto.html)

Hello one and all.Today me and my friend were going on commissioners office road in Bangalore in an alto and my friend was driving.

My friend lost his concentration for a moment and rear ended an auto.
the auto had a kinda rear guard which absorbed the impact.But there was a dent on the back and the engine door couldn't be opened.
The auto guy was cribbing that this vehicle is not mine and belongs to my owner etc etc.
a few mins later 2 autodrivers came and talked about their problems etc etc
then they asked us to pay up 1300 bucks for a 5kmph rear end crash.
I asked him to show me his insurance and claim it. The remaining amount will be payed by us.
The autoguy(supported by his homies) told us that insurance wont cover low amounts like this etc.

so we ended up paying him 1100 ..

The reason i started this thread was because.. i dint know what to actually do in this situation,and this would help anyone who may come up with a similar situation.

BTW absolutely nothing happened to the alto.
P.S i was not driving.

You have been had by the scum of Bangalore. Nothing much you could have done anyways.

You speak kannada? If you dont and you only lost 1k its good for you.

If the main road of a city like Bangalore can be held to ransom by these thugs inconviencing a lot of citizens just because one of their filthy scum didnt want to pay a fine for his mistake, dont expect to get any help from anyone.

The ACP had to be got to pacify the scum. Oh and before the Bangalore lovers get together - Bangalore is the best city in the world :D

PS: There is an Auto thread somewhere.

yes i do speak fluent kannada. I was the one doing the talking to the guy.
srry i dint search for the auto thread.!!!
Although 1k is not that much.. Money is still money!! who cares about the looks of an auto??
yes i agree my friend's mistake was a major part but still. the auto guy cut across in front from the left side.
Im still surprised the alto dint even have a scratch after this!!

Damn you always have to be careful of these Auto Guys where ever u go & woow you must see the speed in which all of them come together in such situations. Like damn moths attracted to light. You are lucky to have got off with that amount. though it is too much for the repair as per the way you mentioned the accident happened. Take Care.

Cheers!!!!

In this particular incidence. It seems that it's your friend's fault and if even at a 5kmph speed that you claim has dented his auto backside and he is unable to open the same, then it is fine for him to ask your friend for a compensation to fix the same.

Imagine a damage to your vehicle, would you have let the other chap go without paying for it if your in a position to do so? I think no.

But, 1.1K is a bit steep.

Your friend is at fault. Rear ending a vehicle happens if one has not maintained a proper braking distance. Even if the vehicle in the front brakes abruptly, it is the responsibility of the vehicle which is behind to stop in time without rear ending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1241291)
Hello one and all.Today me and my friend were going on commissioners office road in Bangalore in an alto and my friend was driving.

My friend lost his concentration for a moment and rear ended an auto.
the auto had a kinda rear guard which absorbed the impact.But there was a dent on the back and the engine door couldn't be opened.
The auto guy was cribbing that this vehicle is not mine and belongs to my owner etc etc.
a few mins later 2 autodrivers came and talked about their problems etc etc
then they asked us to pay up 1300 bucks for a 5kmph rear end crash.
I asked him to show me his insurance and claim it. The remaining amount will be payed by us.
The autoguy(supported by his homies) told us that insurance wont cover low amounts like this etc.

so we ended up paying him 1100 ..

The reason i started this thread was because.. i dint know what to actually do in this situation,and this would help anyone who may come up with a similar situation.

BTW absolutely nothing happened to the alto.
P.S i was not driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 1249999)
Your friend is at fault. Rear ending a vehicle happens if one has not maintained a proper braking distance. Even if the vehicle in the front brakes abruptly, it is the responsibility of the vehicle which is behind to stop in time without rear ending.

Whatever said and done, the auto guys in Bangalore are just out to loot people.

Once when I was in Bangalore and was learning driving, near MG Road (around 8pm in the night), I was at a signal and after the signal went green, took off all of a sudden there this person on a cycle thinks of crossing the lane right in front of me. I brake on panic, vehicle was hardly on any speed. Just 2 mtrs from the place I started, an autowallah, not keeping safe distance, banged onto my car (though he avoided it but scrapped my rear lights).

Then this guy started fighing badly with us, we telling him, there was an L sign on the car, he should be keeping distance , and a cycle all of a sudden came in front of me I had no option but to slam brakes, he didnt budge, was saying that I was driving very fast, (how much speed can I take in 2 meters distance at a signal,) speaking in Kannada (I dont understand kannada) for a minor scratch in his vehicle, fought with us for over 1 hr. I finally paid him 200 bucks and moved on. He was asking for more, but I just moved on (went through brigade road) where he couldnt chase me.

Today when I think, I think I had a lot of mental harassment (which was more troublesome), but money wise I was better off with a loss of just 200 bucks.

Took a lesson to keep max distance from autos in Bangalore. They just gang and pounce.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1249812)
It seems that it's your friend's fault and if even at a 5kmph speed

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 1249999)
Your friend is at fault.

He isnt refuting that.. is he?

What he wants to know is what can be done when this scum come together.

Question of the Day for mobike008 and AltoLXI. If the auto could have rear ended him who is at fault and who would pay?

Get those grey cells working its a toughie.

Award : A ride in an auto uptill minimum fare. You guys need to sort out the modalities of the minimum fair with the auto's yourself. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 1250229)
Whatever said and done, the auto guys in Bangalore are just out to loot people.

It is same everywhere. If you had experience of Chennai and you do not know the local language, you will have it. You are at the mercy of the auto driver. Atleast in Bangalore, if you insist they run the meter. It is a different issue that whether the meter is tampered with or not. I feel it might be the same case with other cities also.

Very true....auto guys behave the same every where....

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 1253609)
It is same everywhere. If you had experience of Chennai and you do not know the local language, you will have it. You are at the mercy of the auto driver. Atleast in Bangalore, if you insist they run the meter. It is a different issue that whether the meter is tampered with or not. I feel it might be the same case with other cities also.