Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Manikjeet, get well soon.

Iam not sure whether its your bad luck where you have ended up in those situations or its due to your casual approach with driving. If its the latter, stick to your basics & have a target of not to make even a single mistake for for the first 1000 kms. Get that extended for every 1000 KMS atleast for 5000-7000 kms before you open up.

Luckily you have not hit any pedestrian or two-wheeler, which may even be fatal. Iam not sure whether you can permanently keep away from driving, hence you can slowly start with the above mentioned approach.

Get back on your feet soon
Old 3rd April 2009, 00:12   #32
BHPian

To all my fellow BHPians. Please friends I can see some of us stating this an amazing crash. For some more information please know that Manik our fellow BHPian is on rest for next 5 weeks with a fractured Arm.
Shouldn't we as members of a huge reputed Car enthusiasts' community try make our mates Refrain from repeating such mistakes.
In addition I have to say it was his seat belt which kept him in place and saved him from any more damage, to be more precise it saved our friend (many thanks to strict Chandigarh Traffic Police).
Please always follow Traffic rules. City Roads are not made to handle reckless speeds and so the damage is transferred to those who break rules.
If we have rights to get proper and better Infrastructure we must obey rules.

PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE.
As is seen in the pics the divider stood steady on the impact and so car absorbed it. The Divider should have been constructed in a way to suck at least some percentage of the impact and let the car slow down doing so. I may seem wrong to some but this should be in practice.

Last edited by reveal_da_zeal : 3rd April 2009 at 00:27. Reason: About the Divider
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

thanks all, i am in bit of hurry as i have go and get my x-rays redone as i am having pain in my chest as reveal da zeal said it was seat belt which saved me from getting more seriously injured

now to narrate the incident
it was around 8pm i was going toward my friends house to get some notes.As i approach the red light i saw m800 which belong to my old friend turned enemy's .but i moved on towards my destination i was doing about 60-70km/hr and was approaching the divider then suddenly this m800 is on mt left hand side and he just clipped me intentionally banging my passenger side doors this led the car into a spin and i lost control i braked hard and tried to reagain control but my efforts failed and i went head on into the divider.

i was wearing my seat belt which saved me. and i thank @abhih and reveal da zeal for helping me in the time of need and my friends at teambhp

will update later about the car and my health

thank you all

ps gps2 tires are pathetic

Last edited by manikjeet : 3rd April 2009 at 10:24.
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
suddenly this m800 is on mt left hand side and he just clipped me intentionally banging my passenger side doors this led the car into a spin and i lost control i braked hard and tried to reagain control but my efforts failed and i went head on into the divider.
What . Did I read this correctly. I hope you have filed a police complaint against him.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Attempt to murder .

Does your old friend turned enemy due to that clip or he was an enemy even before that clip and attempted to murder you
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
......As i approach the red light i saw m800 which belong to my old friend turned enemy's .but i moved on towards my destination i was doing about 60-70km/hr...........
Hi Manikjeet. It's good that you are not seriously injured.

Something I didn't fully follow from your last post - you mentioned you were approaching the red light when you saw this M 800 and that you moved on at 60-70 kmh and he clipped you. Do you mean that it was a red light for you or that he jumped the signal?
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

@ Bangjeet - get well soon

GY GPS2 tyres have a speed rating of 190KPH (T) - why didn't they help you stop the car when you were doing 60-70kph?? what is the point in blaming the tyres - at the end of the day you lost control over the car! Period.
Old 7th April 2009, 01:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
As i approach the red light i saw m800 which belong to my old friend turned enemy's .but i moved on towards my destination
Reason 1 for you were hit by that turned down ignored guy

Quote:
i was doing about 60-70km/hr and was approaching the divider then suddenly this m800 is on mt left hand side
I wonder how the guy managed get away when you were in a spin that too in a Honda after getting hit by M800 way behind for the built and control.

Suspicious.
Old 7th April 2009, 02:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

I think by red light he meant "signal". may not have been red at that time. why would he approach a red light at 60-70 km/hr.

if you think it was intentional, does the M-800 guy know what car you drive, and did he recognize you before hitting? if yes, then u need to handle it properly.
Old 7th April 2009, 03:48   #40
BHPian

That means attempt to murder and your post here tantamounts to admission under the Indian evidence act, are you aware of what you have done ? The court if shown this post in a printout has all rights to ask you who the driver of the m800 was, inadvertently you have named him the reason for the crash, you parents who own/or you own the car will be liable.are liable for the damage to public property, its also against the state who will be contesting against you, you sure you want to take the m800's driver's name here (here = court case,not on the forum)

Be 100% sure what you want to reveal and what you do not want to reveal.

Cheers and god bless, wishing you a speedy recovery and pray that you do not do this again.
Old 7th April 2009, 05:04   #41
BHPian

Man that's a Bad Wreck. Damn the friend turned enemy in M800 HE Definitely must be taught a lesson or who knows when he might get the same idea again. Take Care Man & get well soon.

Cheers!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks