Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 15:08   #91
Senior - BHPian

2 months back I took the usual route to Sarjapur (25 humps wala route). I was super pissed as the car was loaded on 12 incher stock waste err... tyres.

Last month I chose the route from electronic city (hosur road) and turned left just before Atibele. Nice roads, scary at night and sudden unmarked back/chasis/speed brakers. But definitely not 25 of them in 5 kms. May be 3 in ten kms.
There is also a curvy part on this stretch which I simply love.
Anyone tried this route ?
Old 16th July 2009, 15:08   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
There are other specialities in Bangalore:
  • After every corner / turn, you'll see a bus-stop
  • Private buses (I call them Brittania Biscuit tins) with no lights, nothing, except a brake and an accelerator zooming on the wrong side
  • Volvo buses that never follow-lane discipline
  • Traffic wardens wearing lungi - YES, lungi - I saw a guy near Koramangala BDA Complex wearing a lungi and regulating traffic at 1000 in the morning
  • Slow moving vehicles going on the right-edge of the road
  • Mountains masquerading as speed-breakers
Let me add to this list.
  • A small stretch on Langford road (from Nanjappa Circle to Hosur Road junction) is One-Way for everybody except for one BMTC bus. Entire traffic is moving in one direction on the road, and suddenly this bus comes charging towards you from nowhere. And note that he drives as if he was previously driving for McLaren on F1 circuits.
It happens only in Bangalore.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:08   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Those who are traveling to HSR Layout from Electronic city will find solace in the existence of this 17 hump road. This is about 3.4 H/Km ( humps per kilometer) less than roads mentioned in this thread.

I have charted the route below:
17 Hump route to HSR Running Route - A Google Pedometer

-- Wind
One more route from HSR Layout to E City. Really bad sections of this route was re-asphalted yesterday.

Route to Ec Running Route - A Google Pedometer
Old 15th December 2009, 10:24   #94
BHPian

Roads with the most number of speed breakers

I drive to office from outer ring road to electronic city in Bangalore through Haralur road. This is the road with the highest speed breaker density I have seen. Today I counted, There were 47 speed breakers in a stretch of 6 Kilometers( close 8 per kilometer).

By any stretch of imagination this is an overkill. This hurts the health, environment, productivity and even the world economy .

Does anyone know of any other road with a higher bump density.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:25   #95
Senior - BHPian

Sarjapur road. As many humps. There is a seperate thread for that. Lemme check.
EDIT: Got it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...umps-5-km.html

Mods please merge if necessary.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 15th December 2009 at 10:28.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:22   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
Does anyone know of any other road with a higher bump density.
Now that Bangalore has lost its claim to fame of having a signal atop a flyover, its next focus seems to be 'car-breakers'.

What other way to make it to the record books than having roads which have more speed breakers than even tarred surface?! Way to go!

They could infact devise a revenue model on these lines.. have ads pasted on the speedbreakers for various towing agencies. That way, when a car disintegrates atop one of these mountains, you'll know whom to call.
Old 12th January 2010, 01:15   #97
BHPian

I just searched for humps and I knew this route will definitely feature among the top list and there it is. If not for the distance, no one would ever take this road (Haralur Road). Its been more than 2 years I started commuting to ECity using this road.

This pain can only be felt, but can never be described. Does someone know how does it feels like going behind a slow moving truck at 20 kmph with literally no overtaking possibility for the entire stretch. I can only listen to Linkin Park and start banging my head on to the steering wheel. Only the unfortunate commuters who use this road daily can understand that.

I even changed my office timing going late in the afternoon and coming back home late in the night, but to of no use at all. My 97 model Zen which was so good in condition untill I brought it to Bangalore couldnt take up the punishment of being subjected to Extreme Suspension, rigourous braking activities and finally it refused to move any longer. Repeated patch up work, complete body welding didnt help either and I had to sell it off with no option left.

Even with my new car, I have no other option left other than using this road and the only solution I can think of now changing the job itself.

The jail road is much better compared to this Haralur road. Its bigger and the humps are atleast ok, except for the stretch nearing Sarjapur Road.

Long Live Bangalore (Bengaluru) - City of Gardens..oops did I say Gardens.. Sorry!!! I meant City of Humps.
Old 12th January 2010, 10:39   #98
Senior - BHPian

There is a group of activist called forward 150.they are working day in and day out to bring/show the authorities the realities.these are the guy who are working to make the harlur road and this road as one way. these are the guys working hard to clean that kaikondrahalli lake.
Around 4-5 years back when this area(sarjapur to naganathapura)started becoming the real estate hot spot the villagers put these road humps to stop the vehicles zooming inside the residential property where there are kids running all over. lots of accident took place and many kids were killed. so they put up these humps.the section from the temple to that church is so straight that all cars speed at almost 70/80 and near the church(where there is a sudden bend)they bang the wall.i stay near that place and guys I have seen so many accidents in that spot.careless driving.Even private cars do this.I can see from my balcony.
Old 12th January 2010, 11:54   #99
Senior - BHPian

28 humps? One year back I think the count was less. I used to take these roads very often.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:50   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
28 humps? One year back I think the count was less. I used to take these roads very often.
Long time ago. The count crossed about 36, last time i checked.
Then, i stopped using this road.
Old 12th January 2010, 15:04   #101
BHPian

For the first timers who take this stretch, I hope they would be aware of these speed breakers.

I used to take that stretch when I was working in E-city, most of the humps are small enough & one can cross the small ones maintaining speeds of 20km/hr. I have had my bad time, running over the hump (near that jail, too dark with no lighting) at 70km/hr
Old 12th January 2010, 15:30   #102
Senior - BHPian

as mentioned in the comment 98, the face of the whole road will be change in another year(due to lot of work from different people/group)
Old 12th January 2010, 16:13   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
as mentioned in the comment 98, the face of the whole road will be change in another year(due to lot of work from different people/group)
Forward 150 group is only for Harlur road right?

The main problem is lorries use Harlur road to bypass the timing restriction on Hosur road. Harlur road is narrow and as a result gets completely jammed when 2 lorries meet facing each other.

The lorries pay the cops stationed near Springfields apts and enter. Ideally they should go on Sarjapur road for 10kms towards NH207 and take that to Hosur.

If they stop the lorries on Haralur road the residents will be a relieved lot.

Also road widening was supposed to happen but I believe it has been put off.
Old 12th January 2010, 16:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Forward 150 group is only for Harlur road right?

The main problem is lorries use Harlur road to bypass the timing restriction on Hosur road. Harlur road is narrow and as a result gets completely jammed when 2 lorries meet facing each other.

The lorries pay the cops stationed near Springfields apts and enter. Ideally they should go on Sarjapur road for 10kms towards NH207 and take that to Hosur.

If they stop the lorries on Haralur road the residents will be a relieved lot.

Also road widening was supposed to happen but I believe it has been put off.
It started with harlur road but now they have taken the jail road/kasavanahalli main road also. they are planning to make it a one way and BAN lorries on these 2 roads.The road expansion work has started with all the markings and implemented in 2015 plan of BBMP
Old 15th January 2010, 15:08   #105
BHPian

Not sure if this is already discussed in this thread. Before nearing that worst stretch on this road, there is a right turn towards Kudlu Gate road. This road is laid recently and its really good with only 5 humps till the Hosur Road - Agarwal Hospital Junction. I started using this road from last week, the distance is just 1 KM more and I am really glad that I dont have to go through that sickening 3-humps stretch.

But watchout during peak times (both morning and evening) as there will be huge rush with lot of people who work in the near by factories walk on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks