Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 08:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Danger of driving 2 wheeler with Kids

This happened yesterday around 4:00PM on the NH8, just before the mahipalpur. I saw all the cars stopping in front of me for some reason. Then all cars gave right indicator and started bypassing something. I also thought it as some accident and gave right indicator and when I was about to bypass, saw this horrible scene.

There was a couple in the bike with two small girls. And the mother was crying for help as one of the girl I guess 4 yr old was bleeding fast from the foot. It was almost torn of. I realized the worst that her foot came into the bike's rear wheel.

Immediately I parked the car on the side and rushed to them. Meanwhile the crowd gathered to watch the show and I pushed them to let the air come in. we Wrapped around a towel on her feet while talking to others on which hospital we should go. I was only aware of hospital in Gurgaon and umkal was the nearest I was aware of and then MAX, Paras and Artemis. Some other bikers also stopped and helped in wrapping some cloth around the foot. We decided for Umkal

Asked the lady to take child with me and Husband to follow me with other child who I think is 2 yr old very cute girl.

I drove like hell, almost at 130. BTW Yesterday I was not feeling well because I was diagnosed with another kidney stone, so for last one week I was not driving above 50.

At the toll near ambience there was a long queue, though I have a tag but queue was still long at Tag lane. So asked a Traffic Police to open the emergency lane. He refused at first, I told him its emergency, still he refused. I got really angry and started shouting at him and opened the rear door to show the child. He was stunned to see that and in a rush stopped whole traffic and routed me to an empty lane.

I guess in 10 mins I was in Umkal.

BTW they told me that the baby seating at rear was sleeping and slipped a bit on the right side with her right foot got into the rear wheel.

And imagine they stopped in the middle of NH8, where people drive at 100-120. I was thinking why they were not driving on the side lane dedicated for 2 wheels.

BUT most importantly that reminds us the danger of driving on bike with small kids. I do not think its worth to risk the life of your dear ones. Its better to take the pain of public transport than seeing your dear ones injured.

PLEASE LEARN FROM THIS. DO NOT PUT YOUR DEAR ONES ON RISK.

And that also reminds why my mother never allowed me to drive a bike, though my daughter, 2 yr old is a core fan of all the bike ads in TV.

Last edited by rkbharat : 4th April 2009 at 08:33.
Old 4th April 2009, 09:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Immediately I parked the car on the side and rushed to them. Meanwhile the crowd gathered to watch the show and I pushed them to let the air come in. we Wrapped around a towel on her feet while talking to others on which hospital we should go. I was only aware of hospital in Gurgaon and umkal was the nearest I was aware of and then MAX, Paras and Artemis. Some other bikers also stopped and helped in wrapping some cloth around the foot. We decided for Umkal

Asked the lady to take child with me and Husband to follow me with other child who I think is 2 yr old very cute girl.
First, a big thanks and congrats for showing your humanity.
Quote:
I drove like hell, almost at 130. BTW Yesterday I was not feeling well because I was diagnosed with another kidney stone, so for last one week I was not driving above 50.
Oh, best medicine is to drink, drink and keep drinking water. Take care buddy.
Quote:
BTW they told me that the baby seating at rear was sleeping and slipped a bit on the right side with her right foot got into the rear wheel.
Sad. But that's the root cause of TATA thinking for the NANO. Hope it reduces if not completely stopped.
Old 4th April 2009, 09:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

RK,

Hats off to the humanity that you have shown. You are part of a very rare tribe of people!

And do take of your health.
Old 4th April 2009, 09:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

better they get the tata nano.this car is made for the purpose of shifting those unfortunate families who still stick to 2 wheelers.government and car makers must reduce the prices on road for the small cars ,so that the fellows who *still* unfortunately are stuck with a family travelling in two wheelers get a chance.this is a life saver.
Old 4th April 2009, 10:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

RK ji,

I am truly proud of you. I may hate the effect of the Nano on our roads, but it will prevent such mishaps.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:40   #6
BHPian

Good show, RKBharat. It is good to hear that there are some people who are willing to spare the time to help strangers. Twice I have been helped by total strangers when my bike broke down and on this occasion, when the emergency was much more serious I can imagine what a relief it would have been for that family.

Did you get to hear if the kid is ok now?
Old 4th April 2009, 13:41   #7
BHPian

RKB, the courage to step in and take action while the rest of the mute herd stares is commendable. More so in your physical condition. I doff my imaginary hat to you.
Any idea how the kid is now?
Carry lots of water in your car and keep hydrating. Hope you get better soon.
Old 4th April 2009, 13:56   #8
BHPian

Simply Great !!! RK, We need more people like you in our Country. Hope nano will solve this kind of problem.

BTW I have seen many of this kind of incident. And I just thought why they are talking this kind of risk with their dearer one's. People save,work,insure for the benefit for dearer one but why people still behave this way. Once I saw a bike with a women with 2 Kids (one in tank and other in middle) trying to Jump and cross heavily busy signal (St Jones-Bangalore) though it was a Red Light for him.
Old 4th April 2009, 14:26   #9
BHPian

Hey RKB, i'm really pleased to read how you contributed in the moment of desperate need. It shows still there are few good men.

Take care of your health.
Old 4th April 2009, 15:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sir, people like you make the world a better place.
May your tribe grow.

Quote:
I saw all the cars stopping in front of me for some reason. Then all cars gave right indicator and started bypassing something.
When will more people be helpful? How can we be so cold-hearted as to simply leave a mother with a child in pain, and drive away?

cheers
Old 4th April 2009, 18:10   #11
BHPian

@rkbharat

Great deed Bharat!

I am really worried whenever I see bikers with one or two small kids on board and driving recklessly. Only yesterday, I saw a guy with a 3-4 year old kid on top of the petrol tank of his bike; comes honking on the right most lane of a highway overtaking cars. And several times have I chased bikers with kids to tell them the kids are dozing off.
Old 4th April 2009, 18:19   #12
BHPian

I think all Bhpians will be proud of you. We should emulate your example whenever we can.
Old 4th April 2009, 19:25   #13
BHPian

People like you prove there is still goodness left in the world. Even here in our small city, a couple with three small kids on a two wheeler is a common frightening scene.
Old 4th April 2009, 19:58   #14
Team-BHP Support

One good deed inspires hundreds. Well done RK

I was lying on the road at midnight after an accident and one good soul took me to hospital that saved my life. I have been helping road accident victims ever since.
Old 4th April 2009, 20:28   #15
Team-BHP Support

You are the man.

Hats off SIR.

PS: some of you might now be aware but he has been a victim of some very bad people who crashed into his car. Search for threads created by him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks