Team-BHP - Crazy Puncture
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Crazy Puncture (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/56414-crazy-puncture.html)

Hey Guys, since my college days been having punctures(3) around this one spot on BLR-MYS highway.
The pic is of my Santro Rear Left at 140Kmph, just about managed a safe stop.
A spike had cut through the entire tire. Had to put in a new tire and tube.Let me know if anyone else has a similar experience.
The reason I am asking this is because there is a puncture shop nearby and I suspect he may have something to do.

Wow! Good to know that you were able to stop safely. What I didn't understand though is why you've put a tubetype tire as a replacement?

Request to mods: Could you please correct the spelling of puncture in the title?

Please use the REPORT POST button to get the attention of the moderators instead of posting requests on the forum. For details, take a look at this thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...t-quality.html). Thank you.

amazing. thank god you stopped safely

@Bazius, where exactly on Mys Rd ? With the amount of traffic on that road, I dont think it is easy to target only the cars for punctures. Also, even if anyone did try playing such tricks, I dont think it will help him since the tyre will go completely flat only after a distance (how far, is not something that can be predicted ).

That puncture is really scary. Thank God you were able to stop safely. Share the location with us.

Seems more like a case of you driving on a puncture and causing the sidewall the rupture. What is this spike you are talking about? Any pictures?

I see a nice lil metal object on top of the tire (central thread) this caused puncture and the deflated running resulted in this picture.

There were two pieces of metal the one on top hadn't penetrated through to the tube.
I should've kept the spike or taken a picture. Was too pissed to think of doing that.
I thought that driving flat could be a reason, but not after seeing the puncture causing spike(referring to it so as it was bigger than a nail and flat like a really small blade). Also i would have felt the decrease in pressure on the steering.
Its not only cars, got punctures on my Shogun and Bullet in College days. Plus cars would have a spare and doesn't make much sense targeting them. Also the shop is a little before the puncture spot.
Or maybe I'm just crazy as bat with my conspiracy theories.

It's the rear wheel so you wouldn't feel a decrease a pressure in the steering, you would feel it only if there was a heavy load at the rear, in case of an unladen car rear wheel punctures are notoriously hard to detect until the point where the wheel almost completely looses air.

And it's not the puncture that causes the sidewall to rupture rather it's the loss of air and as a result the car's weight resting on the flat sidewall which causes it to fail.

Doesn't it look like a side wall rupture due to a sharp object and thereby the weight of the car causing it to open up so much ? Someone whom I know really well had gone thru this when a twig yes a twig etched the sidewall during a downhill drive in Chikmagalur.

Was scary to say the least since I was surprised to see the damage done by a small piece of stick.

Damn!! Thats a Horrifying pic:Shockked:.Glad to know that you were able to stop without problems. Take Care Man.

Cheers!!!

Boy! That tire's been ripped!
I wonder if the metal shard got stuck b/w the tread, and then due to continued friction, made its way all the way through.
There have been a few stories about people dumping nails/blades on the road, in order to gain business from people who commute on those specific roads. I know one such place, close to Vannarpet in B'lore, where a guy was suspected of doing this. Happened way back in the early-90's, not sure what happened later.

You are lucky to have your precious Alloy Wheels escape unscathed from this, I once got a puncture from a huge iron hook (the ones that are used for loading cartons).

Bazius !! that was a nasty Puncture I ever seen , Nice hear you managed well @140 km/h , I can’t even imagine what if it is front wheel

Scary.. how did this happen? Where exactly on Mysore road?

Did you drive too close to the road divider? any sharp object protruding at a low level which is tearing up the sidewall of the tyre?

140 kmph on that road is on the riskier side even on a clearer stretch even though I agree that it is one of the beautiful roads to drive along :) Good to see that you were able to control your car and bring it to a safe stop.

Take care & drive safe!