Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2009, 22:27   #16
BHPian

Thanks all for the advices and the concern.

The whole event happened so suddenly and quickly, her car no. is the only thing which I had the presence of mind, to take, at that moment. The thought that the lady just fled the scene without any sign of remorse and that I was totally helpless made me even angrier. I did chase the car for some time and managed to get her no. and showing hand signs all the while to stop her car, but she fled anyways jumping signals and all.

I am very sure; I was waiting with my handbrake on, and was just searching for a song, which means that I was stationary there for quite some time. Just can't imagine what the swift wanted to do??

I just tried to recollect the whole incident and I vaguely remember glass pieces on the road (accident site). Since my tail lights are intact, I am guessing it must be the swift’s lights. This is all that i can remember or recollect of Swift condition.

I am not sure if I will do the FIR, but I very much want to do it. If I can recall correctly, the swift had heavily black tinted windshield, which I am sure will obstruct vision whoever drives it. That a potential danger lurking around in the city!!
Old 13th April 2009, 08:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Its a very unfortunate incident. Without any negative intentions, I would like to say that from my general observation, I came to conclusion that female drivers are not good at reactions. They are either too casual/over-confident or they dont even have confidence to turn ignition key.

In your case, go for FIR. Its not that one enjoys this FIR and police station business, but if the lady had not evasively from the sight, I think FIR was out of question.

Its getting worse day by day that people who lack proper reflexes are getting something that they dont deserve. And I dont know for other cities, but atleast in Vadodara those think are illegal. It a rule that one must apply all over the country.

Next time if the person who rear ends opens window, take the ignition key off and call police on the spot. This would make things more clear for everyone.
Old 13th April 2009, 08:55   #18
Team-BHP Support

netarchie, since you have the registration number and you know the car goes to Sai service, it is bound to go there again for the repairs after your shunt.

Just call up and go to Sai service and explain them of the situation. Tell them to let you know when the car comes over. You can actually convince them to give you contact details from the vehicle service history. If they know of the situation they may just help.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

netarchie, thats very sad, irrespective of the gender, such people should be punished to the depth, but our system let them go loose.

Bumper looks ok to me, might just have to push from inside, unless there are small scratches, which are not visible on snaps. I am not sure about boot door. Though such dents can be easily removed by dry denting, but you might not like to try that on your new car. Talk to MASS and see what they say.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I am not sure if I will do the FIR, but I very much want to do it.
If I were you I would take everybody's advice and file and FIR. People need to to taught that they can't get away with this kind of thing, irrespective of gender. File an FIR for Hit & Run. This is a very serious offence.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:25   #21
BHPian

netarchie, sorry to hear that and seeing those pics it sees like a real hit (and then run). Please make sure that an FIR is registered in the nearest police station first. Then you can go to the RTO office and try to find out the address with the car license plate number or go to Sai service and try to find out the address. I am glad that you kept your cool in the situation and tried your best to solve it, though it was unsuccessful.

I have a feeling that the lady might have just tried to start the car in the gear or something like that possibly.

Also to let know of an incident took place in Bangalore, a friend of mine was driving an Alto and was going with his parents, and I know he is a careful driver. A Honda Activa driven by a female just collided with his car from side, apparently the activa moved towards left and hit his car on the right side. Girl fel down, he got out of the car and the girl just caught him and slapped him on his face! then she makes a call and within few minutes a few guys come and start beating my friend.

What has turned out is that the girl is the daughter of someone who is into the money financing business and they have goons network. The guys were from their gang. Within minutes the parties reached the police station and my friend had to pay for the repairs of her bike and live with it.

The police and others just cautioned my friend and thanked god for keeping his cool in that situation, just a mere push back or hitting back at a lady could have caused him a mere worst situation with criminal offense etc.

Hence my suggestion would be to be careful while handling the situation carefully and mere with legal implications, nothing else.

Cheers
narayanang76
Old 13th April 2009, 10:03   #22
Team-BHP Support

Netarchie, i would go with kb100's advice. Trust me, she will come looking for you following that, pleading with you to withdraw the case.

She needs to be taught a lesson.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Netarchie, Very sorry to hear this accident with your car. That lady in swift should be apologetic and should also foot the bills.

Good that you got the car number and Sai Service.

If you are not interested in filing FIR, Just visit Sai Service and tell them that this swift has been in an accident and is sought after by police and they will very willingly help you with contact details.

Then you can get hold of the lady and get money out of her, but police force in uniform at her doorstep will make the best out of her for sure.
Old 13th April 2009, 17:52   #24
BHPian

I went to the police station to file a fir today. At the police station it was a different kind of ordeal I had to face though nothing which i had not expected, for a moment they made me feel like the culprit!!
They discouraged me into filing the fir first then also refused to do so because I had not come to file the fir immediately after the accident and I did not take my car to the police station to show the damage and all. I told them I had recorded a voice complaint at the police helpline but it was in vain too!
We just walked out of there. Next is to try to get the address from Sai Service if possible.
Update on the car is that, Bumper and the boot both has to be replaced, the damage would be around 30 K, as per the SA.
I will be claiming insurance, I should be paying around 5k from my pocket and I will not be getting the car for another 8 - 10 days.
So very frustrating and all this for just standing stationary at a signal to turn green!!.

This has happened to me with my other 2 cars as well in the past; I had to make an insurance claim within the first 3 months of my ownership. Seems like the curse has not been lifted yet!
Old 13th April 2009, 21:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about the whole thing,buddy!
hang in there, and go after the lady. Such people should be taught a lesson, and its sad that the cops won't do anything to straighten things out.

I hope the people at the service station would help.It may be against their policy to release sensitive information.

Good luck!Do keep us posted on how things go.
Old 13th April 2009, 21:21   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, the car's brand new (less than 6 months?), and insurance will cover the repair costs except 50% of bumper cost (that's plastic). You get 100% claim on all panels, repair and paint. Spend about 2-3k (half cost of bumper), and get a shiny new car back in a week. This is with OR without an FIR being lodged.

You can track down the Swift lady later on, and politely ask her to pay you that 2-3k expense. If she (hopefully, equally politely) refuses, you can then invest in a hammer for a few rupees (a brick comes cheaper), and run it through her front windscreen.

Good luck to you.
Old 13th April 2009, 21:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Very sad incident. Did you get the car examined for the damages and taken the quotaion? Even the boot seems to be damaged.
Old 13th April 2009, 21:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Seems like she was a first timer to me. Judging from her reaction she must have gone cold and wanted to scamper off quickly. Typical. Last week a lady on a scooty hit a dude on a bike from behind. Nobody fell off but she gathered herself and fled. The poor dude just looked at her in despair. Nothing new here too. But you need to be paid off for the damages incurred due to no fault of your's.
OT Today morning on bannerghatta road 8:30ish, near IIM, a maroon color Qualis rear ended an NHC. The boot opened up slightly due to the impact. The NHC dude was off to work when this happened and came out fuming. He turned on his blinkers and started an argument. I knew this was going to hold up traffic. It took a few blaring horns from behind to get me moving. Don't know what happened next. Does anyone ?
Old 13th April 2009, 21:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

If the lady gets some wrong advice, can she actually file a false FIR and get you into trouble? In that case only an FIR from you will help.
I'm just thinking out loud.

Also since the Swift is probably damaged the lady will take it to the authorised service center - you can call all Maruti service centers and enquire about the car casually to try and locate her. If you do give her a talk about expenses that were incurred and get the money from her if possible.
Old 13th April 2009, 21:59   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
If the lady gets some wrong advice, can she actually file a false FIR and get you into trouble? In that case only an FIR from you will help.
If netarchie can't get her into trouble by filing an FIR, she definitely can't get him into it - unless she's the commissioner's daughter. What'll she claim? that netarchie reversed into her Swift?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks