Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 22:02   #31
BHPian

Netarchie, there's a clear legal procedure to be followed if the police refuse to register your FIR. You can write to the SP of the region... PM me for details if you like, or consult an advocate friend.
Old 14th April 2009, 08:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Well, the car's brand new (less than 6 months?), and insurance will cover the repair costs except 50% of bumper cost (that's plastic). You get 100% claim on all panels, repair and paint. Spend about 2-3k (half cost of bumper), and get a shiny new car back in a week. This is with OR without an FIR being lodged.
You can track down the Swift lady later on, and politely ask her to pay you that 2-3k expense. If she (hopefully, equally politely) refuses, you can then invest in a hammer for a few rupees (a brick comes cheaper), and run it through her front windscreen.
Good luck to you.
I have already give the car to the dealer for the repairs. Tracking the swift down is the next job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Very sad incident. Did you get the car examined for the damages and taken the quotaion? Even the boot seems to be damaged.
the quote for repairing the damage was around 30K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Netarchie, there's a clear legal procedure to be followed if the police refuse to register your FIR. You can write to the SP of the region... PM me for details if you like, or consult an advocate friend.
I know there is and made a sincere effort to register the FIR yesterday, but was not happy the way, whole thing went. I have an advocate friend , will be talking to him and see what are the options.

The car is at the dealers place and will take more than a weeks time ger her back into shape!
Old 14th April 2009, 08:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Netarchie..

Please consider - if the lady ends up filing the FIR first ... like the saying goes 'lene ke dene .... ' ! (tables turned)

Do NOT delay - Please file the FIR immediately.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:26   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Update on the car is that, Bumper and the boot both has to be replaced, the damage would be around 30 K, as per the SA.
I will be claiming insurance, I should be paying around 5k from my pocket and I will not be getting the car for another 8 - 10 days.
Hi,

There is another option that you can explore which is a 100% possibility. If you know the dealer well or any other dealer ask them to keep both parts in question ready i.e. procured and painted. Once done would take barely a half day to fit and polish the car.

That is only if you wish to not be stranded without a car in this case. Pls note that you have no advantage in going to a A.S.S. other than paying higher charges and mental satisfaction that they are the only ones who can supply the parts and perfectly match the paint.

Private garages will do the job just as well and faster at that. Ball is in your court.

Viper

Edit - Just read that you have already given the car, but still its not too late.

Last edited by viper : 14th April 2009 at 09:27.
Old 14th April 2009, 10:27   #35
BANNED

This behavior is surprising, isn't it? Why didn't she own up her mistake? What did she fear?
Quote:
Fumingly I walked towards the car, a lady was at the wheels, completely non-apologetic and tells me some stupid reason of someone braking suddenly and all crap which made no sense.

Traffic was not much, visibility was clear, my car was stationary and still this!!

I told her to wait there when I realized that I had kept my car door open and my mobile and wallet were just lying there, so went quickly to close the door. Seeing this, the lady coolly drove away. She just fled in spite me telling her to stop her car! Not a single sign of remorse on her face, not a single word of apology!! Over and above she just fled the scene. I can’t understand what kind of low life this female could be??
Old 14th April 2009, 11:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
the quote for repairing the damage was around 30K.
30k for this much damage?? This is where having a Maruti really pays off, I suppose... Are you planning to claim insurance, Netarchie? I don't know the procedure-- do you need to have an FIR filed to claim insurance? The insurance company has the right to recover the money from the guilty party in an accident, that much I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
This behavior is surprising, isn't it? Why didn't she own up her mistake? What did she fear?
She feared having to pay 30k, I suppose! Hardly surprising at all. In our country hanging around an accident scene when you're at fault can get you lynched. Of course this is an urban setting and she was a lady so she wouldn't have been bashed up, but her behaviour is of course reprehensible. Netarchie, you didn't think of giving chase? It wouldn't have struck me in the heat of the moment either.

Last edited by Perakath : 14th April 2009 at 11:49.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Must be a yuppie.
They think that the whole world bows to them ...

Actually, dude, you are really better off with an FIR. Because there is a possibility that this lady must've discussed this incident with someone. You can guess what advice would've come.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:03   #38
BHPian

@netarchie, The bumper looks damaged and would need a replacement. But the boot does not look damaged enough to need a replacement. looks like A.S.S knows you would claim insurance and hence they want to replace boot to have better profits.

In general I have always seen that the car getting rear ended suffers a lesser damage to the car that does it. Wasnt the swift damaged badly enough? Looking at netarchie's car, I would have assumed that the swift should also have incurred a broken radiator, damaged bumper and dented hood as well.
Netarchie, yeh trace the lady and find out if she fried her engine as well due to radiator damage. You would still get lot of satisfaction even though police were not helpful
Old 14th April 2009, 12:18   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
30k for this much damage??
Actually the paintwork takes a lot of money. That deep gloss red paint on the bumper and bootlid should easily cost 12-15k. If the car was Maruti-white in colour, the same paint job would have cost 5-7k.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:22   #40
BHPian

Yes I figured... it was from T-BHP I learnt that the true cost of body-coloured bumpers comes when they need to be replaced! Painting is often the same price as the unpainted bumper, no?

Makes me glad to have black bumpers for the time being, in my student state. Poor Netarchie!
Old 14th April 2009, 14:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yes, paint is expensive. A front bumper repaint for the Civic is 15K from the dealership. If done from outside, it is less, but not by much.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:03   #42
Team-BHP Support

Really sorry to hear this, but if you have already given the car for repair and claiming insurance, what is the use of tracking the culprit swift driver? esp since you are not filing a case also?
Old 14th April 2009, 18:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
30k for this much damage?? This is where having a Maruti really pays off, The insurance company has the right to recover the money from the guilty party in an accident, that much I know.

She feared having to pay 30k, I suppose! Hardly surprising at all. In our country hanging around an accident scene when you're at fault can get you lynched. Of course this is an urban setting and she was a lady so she wouldn't have been bashed up, but her behaviour is of course reprehensible. Netarchie, you didn't think of giving chase? It wouldn't have struck me in the heat of the moment either.
And i would like to add a TATA as well along with Maruti. This much damage in an indigo will take barely half the amount you have to spend now.

I feel she must have panicked. Must be a new driver and due to dark tints had spotted your city late and banged it. Highly possible she didn't even had a license or car papers so to save herself from cop trouble she just fled the scene.

However as you are not able to file the FIR tracing her may not prove fruitful. Car is already getting ready and you have claimed insurance as well so i'll suggest forget the incident and move ahead.
And if you are still angry then file the FIR with help of your advocate friend,get the lady traced and claim for damages.
Old 15th April 2009, 09:40   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Actually the paintwork takes a lot of money. That deep gloss red paint on the bumper and bootlid should easily cost 12-15k. If the car was Maruti-white in colour, the same paint job would have cost 5-7k.
Hi Guys,

The bumper painting should at the max cost you Rs4k using the best raw materials and paints in India. Am referring t the likes of Standox,Ici, 2k, Dupont etc. Pls note that any A.S.S. will be using paints and raw materials from any on of the brands I have mentioned in 95% of the dealerships whilst some may use even cheaper variants.

Basically it costs a max of 4k to paint any panel in your car save the roof and bonnet which are counted as 2 panels but charged at say 1.5 times a panel.

Will update on the cost of the bumper in the market a bit later when the shops open up for the benefit of all.

Viper
Old 15th April 2009, 10:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Yes, paint is expensive. A front bumper repaint for the Civic is 15K from the dealership. If done from outside, it is less, but not by much.
I had enquired about front bumper and rear bumper painting at Dakshin for civic a year back. Front bumper - from the grill to the underside around 2k. Full was around 7K. Rear full 7.5k, half around 4K. May be now it would have gone up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Guys,
Basically it costs a max of 4k to paint any panel in your car save the roof and bonnet which are counted as 2 panels but charged at say 1.5 times a panel.
Viper
Seems almost the same in maruti, for honda roughly 6 to 7k per panel as per info I have collected from these showrooms previously. Current rates could be more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks