ok , lemme rephrase my question.
what are we selling?
Road etiquette, It comes in a dozen
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:20   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Road etiquette, It comes in a dozen
LOL , so the proceeds from the sales goes to ?

seriously , i wouldnt like to see team-bhp turn into a "brand".

Last edited by siddartha : 23rd May 2009 at 16:22.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:02   #65
BHPian

And, you do know that it is illegal for bikes to use the Gurgaon Expressway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Those days that I bike on the Gurgaon expressway, I stick in the 4th lane, and spend half my time looking in RVMs for any wild overtaking maneuver taking place behind me. I guess the UK standard of checking RVMs once in 7s is a pretty good idea.
Old 5th June 2009, 18:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. I have enough nutcases to deal with on a regular day - sometimes you gotto be practical as well. Though yes, its mostly the VDi that cruises the expressway commuting 99% of the time.

Have you ever used that service road in question? On a peak hour morning?
Old 13th June 2009, 20:42   #67

Hey Team bhp guys.. why dont you make Stickers that have our registered usernames on it. something like this... [t-bhp:daemon]

That way when we see a fellow t-bhpian driving badly we can bash him up here on this forum

just my two cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Atleast we should show some courtesy to a fellow bhpian even if we are having ONE OF THOSE DAYS on the road. But drive safe should be the mantra, sanity or no sanity.
I think we should show that courtesy to everyone on the road

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th June 2009 at 15:45. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 14th June 2009, 00:53   #68
BHPian

i drive down to gurgaon from my home everyday,following nh8,and i know what a frustration it is seeing slow moving traffic on the right,on top of it there is these cabs in the middle and autos on the left and none of them are ready to budge.even my hella doesnt make a difference to their deaf ears.
i clearly remember that when i started driving years back i was the one who made sure that i use dipper and horn and overtook from right.but now that habit has gone.i just find the way wherever it is and take it.
i am not trying to advocate cutting or senseless driving here,but just like other members reinforcing on the point that 90% of this cutting scenario is because of the current condition of our road traffc.why would a driver cut to left and right if he can see the right lane empty??just for the heck of it,i dont think so.
Old 14th June 2009, 08:52   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon View Post
Hey Team bhp guys.. why dont you make Stickers that have our registered usernames on it. something like this... [t-bhp:daemon]
That way when we see a fellow t-bhpian driving badly we can bash him up here on this forum
just my two cents...

I think that is practically impossible to make 10 stickers with 40,000 names. Please add your name on the sticker using a permanent marker and we will know if you are up to something on the road.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:32   #70
BHPian

aaah this doesnt really surprise me, we have many people on forum and with different generation and with different enthsiasm. some guys believe in automobile world and they feel they are automobile enthsiast, and some believe driving / riding fast is an automobile enthusiasm. Some of them learn over the period and some of them never change.

Today t-bhp is know to every enthusiast, and sometimes these so called enthus get more excited just bcoz they have t-bhp stickers on their car, and that kind of gives them more reason to show-off. However this is an unstoppable act.

i have t-bhp stickers on my car, and that makes me drive more cautiously and carefully, if something goes wrong bcoz of me, if some casualty happens, i dont want hear "These t-bhp guys drive like that!" Dont want to give a bad name to t-bhp bcoz my stupid mistake.

Last edited by throttleking : 16th June 2009 at 17:36.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

I agree with what Jassi mentioned, I drive inner ring road (domlur-Kormangala) daily and sometimes E-city road too and you will always see that low moving vehicles, trucks and auto rickshaws crawling on the right most lane. Almost all BMTC busses do that, if you see them moving to left suddenly, that means there is a bus stop nearby.

you may see me taking them over from the left (after honking a couple of times and tired of flashing lights from behiend) and drive really slow in front of them. That happens a lot and my wife (if she is riding with me) keeps telling me, "dont start teaching others now"

I remember sometime back my father asked me a question while driving with me "do people overtake from left side here in Karnataka?"

One thing I would like to see changed in Bangalore/Karnataka is No overtaking from left side (which we all have to do everyday!).
Old 5th July 2009, 20:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post

you may see me taking them over from the left (after honking a couple of times and tired of flashing lights from behiend) and drive really slow in front of them. That happens a lot and my wife (if she is riding with me) keeps telling me, "dont start teaching others now"

One thing I would like to see changed in Bangalore/Karnataka is No overtaking from left side (which we all have to do everyday!).
why bangalore it happens all over india.. !! on my way back from puna today came across quite a few morons driving slow in the fast lane on the expressway and they wouldn move no matter how much you horn or flash your lights.finally had to overtake from the left.

rev
Old 5th July 2009, 21:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I agree with what Jassi mentioned, I drive inner ring road (domlur-Kormangala) daily and sometimes E-city road too and you will always see that low moving vehicles, trucks and auto rickshaws crawling on the right most lane. Almost all BMTC busses do that, if you see them moving to left suddenly, that means there is a bus stop nearby.
its getting irritating by the day- i am not sure why they do it though- convenience i guess, as on the left we have the whole other string of offenders (taxis, autos, private buses) who just stop anywhere for their passengers to get off. Also I feel we need a barricaded side lane where-ever there is a bus stop, as i have yet to see one bus stop behind the other at the bus stop. Bus no. 2 will always stop in front of the already stopped bus no. 1, blocking it's path and ofcourse the ensuing traffic jam behind when bus 1 tries to get out from behind bus 2!! Not to mention the fact that I have seen this happen with 3-4 buses at one shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
why bangalore it happens all over india.. !! on my way back from puna today came across quite a few morons driving slow in the fast lane on the expressway and they wouldn move no matter how much you horn or flash your lights.finally had to overtake from the left.
agree its an all indian phenomena - the chalta hai no discipline attitude to take the most convenient way out (be it bribing for getting gov. work done or in road sense and traffic). Having sent most of my life in bombay and pune, I would rate bangalore as worst, followed by pune and then slightly disciplined bombay.
Old 6th July 2009, 08:40   #74
BHPian

just a suggestion , take down the number plate ( if possible along with picture of car ) or note details like Car Model / Colour ( you know the important stuff ) , I am sure some-one* or the other will get to know about the irresponsible Team BHP drivers & bash them up on a Topic ( named as - Not fit to be driving or shame on you section )

* - thanks to team bhp meets , just a suggestion hope its helpful
Old 6th July 2009, 10:29   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
its getting irritating by the day- i am not sure why they do it though- convenience i guess, as on the left we have the whole other string of offenders (taxis, autos, private buses) who just stop anywhere for their passengers to get off. Also I feel we need a barricaded side lane where-ever there is a bus stop, as i have yet to see one bus stop behind the other at the bus stop. Bus no. 2 will always stop in front of the already stopped bus no. 1, blocking it's path and ofcourse the ensuing traffic jam behind when bus 1 tries to get out from behind bus 2!! Not to mention the fact that I have seen this happen with 3-4 buses at one shot
There is a bus stop in Ulsoor (Bangalore), where the road is pretty wide. So the buses (both private and govt) used to stop with a pretty wide gap between the bus and the curb. And of course, there would be traffic jams because of the buses stopping haphazardly. To curb this, the authorities put up barricades to ensure that the buses stop properly, in the bus bay. Now comes the best part!! After the barricade was put up, ALL the buses used to stop OUTSIDE the barricade, so that they can move in case the bus in front didn't move. This just made the situation worse since the buses took up most of the road, and the barricaded bus bay was always empty. I don't know what the situation is like now, but this was about a year ago. No idea what can be done to drive some common sense into our drivers!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks