Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:56   #1
BHPian

How in-human a person can be ?

Zest of the story..
My friend met a accident due a stupid alto driver. He took left and suddenly stopped his car with out giving any indicator. My friend was in Bike and he tried hard to stop his bike to avoid hitting the car but he could not do. He fall down with out hitting the car but got heavily hurt in his right knee. The car person never bother to come out and see what happen. At last when all the local and sorrounding people came and started shouting on the car driver he came out from his Alto with out shoe...
Finally he took my friend to near by Hospital (Tirumal) which is just 2 min walk from the spot. He asked my friend to write his name/register. He told my friend that he will park the car and come back.
After some time as he was not returing my friend trying to peep out from the Hospital and his surprise he saw that the person ran way with his car with out helping my friend. The person just dump my friend and ran away.

Now my friend didnt knew if he should laugh or get wild...

Will Continue ...
Old 24th April 2009, 12:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

The guy was scared, cut him some slack.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mate you will be surprised the extent human beings are capable of achieving. Hows your friend now, by the way?

Last edited by wanderernomad : 24th April 2009 at 14:16.
Old 24th April 2009, 16:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hope your friend is fine now. Has your noted down the car no? Police complaint cannot be registered as there as no accident involved. I feel somebody might have come inbetween the car and he suddenly braked. It happens to me everyday while driving as the bike drivers will cut across my car mercilessly and I have to brake hard suddenly. Couple of times, the bikers behind has hit my car but my car escaped with scratches. Now tell me whom should I blame...
Old 24th April 2009, 17:48   #5
BHPian

Are you sure the brakes on your friend's bike was fine? It was a turning and I'm guessing he was going slow. If he WAS going too fast, tough luck.
In addition, what do you mean by "stupid alto driver" the Alto is a great car and you would be offending a lot of people by calling it stupid.
Old 24th April 2009, 18:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats nothing compared to things that happen on road every day. You cant expect anyone to take responsibility on the road due to your fault or his fault. People try to run away from the spot because nobody has time to spare. Thats the 21st century driving mentality, can we change that ? Its very tough.

My bro-in-law was within the city in his chauffer driven skoda, moving with the traffic without any hurry. An innova came behind him flashing lights and racing engine, private vehicle driven by the owner with golden rings on all fingers and half a dozen gold chains around his neck! My brother didnt have space to give, neither on the left nor on the right. So, he waited for a chance to give space to the impatient innova guy. The moment innova got a chance to move, he overtook my brother and scratched his left side on the skoda and stopped infront blocking the whole road. It was cleary his fault, but he demanded 5000 rupees. My brother didnt step out, his driver talked to the man sitting inside. Innova guy said, "call the police or give 5000 rupees". After a few seconds, my brother said, call the police. This innova guy got more angry, took a bigger stone from the road and scratched the front right part of the skoda for 2 minutes, making a bigger mark on the car for not paying money. He left after that. Imagine if my brother came out with the same anger and attitude ? He ignored the whole incident because he had to fly Delhi same night. This is the kind of people we have around. So, no surprises !
Old 24th April 2009, 18:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazius View Post
In addition, what do you mean by "stupid alto driver" the Alto is a great car and you would be offending a lot of people by calling it stupid.
I never told that ALTO is bad. Its the driver. If you remember In india BMW always comes on head line due to the wrong reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

My bro-in-law was within the city in his chauffer driven skoda, moving with the traffic without any hurry. An innova came behind him flashing lights and racing engine, private vehicle driven by the owner with golden rings on all fingers and half a dozen gold chains around his neck!
In Bangalore this are the people with only Vitamin M due to the sudden growth of our Garden City. This are the set of people every day u can see in High way and City. They are the shame on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Mate you will be surprised the extent human beings are capable of achieving. Hows your friend now, by the way?
My friend is fine. Just few more word about this person... He is an employee of a BIG IT Company in India. So called educated people. He does a prestigious job in India.

Will update you the rest of the story soon...
Old 24th April 2009, 18:57   #8
BHPian

Once a guy on an activa in bumper to bumper traffic on nandidurg road tried weaving through traffic and rammed into my bumper real hard. By the time I could get out, he casualay turned the bike around and fled with his girl/wife. Where is the decency there?

Similarly a few months back a girl rammed into my car from behind because she was lost in her conversation with a fiance on her handsfree not realising we had all slowed down at busy junction.She broke my bumper, dented the door... I helped her up, gave her first aid for a bruised leg, calmed her down as she was visibly shaken, waited for a friend to come ....guess what it took me nearly 7 days of threats of police complaints to get her fiance/family to pay up for the damages.I felt like I was the wrong doer.. Where is the decency now?

I'm not saying we car drivers are saints or that bike riders are a nuisance. It's just human nature. Some humans are still humans and the others are just plain selfish and animalistic. That's the sad state of our nation as well. How much do we care about protecting our environment or keeping our sorroundings litter free? All we care about is our compounds....every highway has plastic strewn on the side of the roads, almost every known natural water body be it a lake or waterfall is polluted with broken beer bottles, plastic bottles, covers, and even rubber. If anyone's ever been to Berijam lake in Kodai, after they closed it down for tourists wiill know what I mean. Such an awesome lake in the midst of the valleys, that's till you get to it..once there all you see is plastic, broken bottles, rubber and what not on its shores amongst the hoof prints of Bison...

We just need to introspect..
Old 24th April 2009, 19:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
a girl rammed into my car from behind because she was lost in her conversation with a fiance on her handsfree not realising we had all slowed down at busy junction.She broke my bumper, dented the door... I helped her up, gave her first aid for a bruised leg, calmed her down as she was visibly shaken, waited for a friend to come ....guess what it took me nearly 7 days of threats of police complaints to get her fiance/family to pay up for the damages.I felt like I was the wrong doer.. Where is the decency now? ..
I heard the same story from someone else in another thread here, did you post it in another thread too ? General public has a 'pointing finger' at the car owner whenever there is an issue on the road between a 2 wheeler and car. We all know 99% of the issues are caused by the 'life on 2 wheel'. But the crowd that will gather around at the incident spot will always blame the car wallah, not even knowing how the issue happend. There are 100s of instances where the car guy will pay up the 2 wheel rider for first aid or damages.

Today, I saw a santro jumping the red signal and another santro following the first one. I have no idea what made the first guy stop suddenly causing the second one to crash into the rear of the first. I saw the second santro engine bonnet opened up with atleast a 4 inch gap between the panels. For 2 seconds, nobody came out, then I see a 6 feet, huge guy coming out from the first santro in full military uniform. I could see the second santro owner shrinking between his seat and steering ! He might have surely thought of the Pakistan India border ! Signal turned green and I was just behind the 2nd santro, avoided them and made my way ahead. No clue what happend after that. If I was on a bike, I would have moved sideways to see what happens next. So, even if the military man thrashed up the guy, nobody would bother to involve, forget the usual public around. People are scared to mess with ARMY.

I realised this and bought a military design shirt few months back !

Last edited by shajufx : 24th April 2009 at 19:16.
Old 24th April 2009, 19:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

arindam, its the common thing these days, lots on insane drivers around.

we need to pray that we sont come across them but sadly there number is too many so the chances are high:(
Old 24th April 2009, 19:27   #11
BHPian

@shajufx, yes it was me and this happened right after whitefield honda at the abb junction...fortunately since it was from the rear and all he other riders had slowed to a stop while she was the only on still accelerating, all agreed with me but fortunately no major public involvement. Especially since it was a woman rider, some macho men tend to get a lttle verly excited in such situations.

Maybe me being 6'3" and lean came to my aid just kidding!
Old 24th April 2009, 22:45   #12
BHPian

I totally agree with Snaronikar. Most bikewallahs drive like crazy. Their idea of space on the road seems to be, "If my helmet can go through it, the whole bike can". Wonder why they ride like with no concerns for other people's machines and their own life and limb.
Old 25th April 2009, 09:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danindica View Post
I totally agree with Snaronikar. Most bikewallahs drive like crazy. Their idea of space on the road seems to be, "If my helmet can go through it, the whole bike can". Wonder why they ride like with no concerns for other people's machines and their own life and limb.
In hyderabad i have seen the bike wallas going haywire, especially in the old city not to talk about the share auto guys, but to my surprise the bikes wallas in kerala are very deciplined, i have always noticed that they follow the left most lane and the only concern i ever have is with some old man on a chetak(they still drive bang in the middle of the road even if its the highway). What i feel is its always better for a bike rider to pay extra attention as there is very little protection which they have when compared to a car driver. And the car drivers should always remember property damage is fine as it can be compensated but what about loss of life. i have seen a nasty one last week near tvm airport(2 woman died).
Old 25th April 2009, 11:13   #14
BANNED

At least, the injured friend was taken to the hospital. The alto driver should be thanked. Errr.. noo. given an award. ;-)
Old 26th April 2009, 10:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
So, even if the military man thrashed up the guy, nobody would bother to involve, forget the usual public around. People are scared to mess with ARMY.

I realised this and bought a military design shirt few months back !

A couple of years ago, when I was on Caliber returning from college, there was one M800 driven rashly. He turned without showing indicators and so obviously, I just avoided him with very hard braking resulting in front end slide. Hit the rear left door slightly just enough to give a small scratch. Then I read ARMY on the rear windscreen. I was almost getting up from the road, thankfully not injured much.

A guy again around six feet ( add an inch too ) came out rushing and then started scolding me. He thought he did bully me and go away, not expecting almost similar person getting up for a fight. I screamed at the top of my voice and then it was ugly brawl. The army guy would not listen to anyone even traffic police. But I proved my point to him. Then it was Bhasan from my side " you are in army and still behaving irresponsibly ? ".

It was 10 mins drama, but on public roads, public laws must apply to those who are present on the road, except emergency.

I have seen so much inhuman behavior on the road that next time ( God forbid ) if I am in any accident, I must help out myself, and will expect any help from others. Its just getting too bad day by day.
But I believe in " Roads indicate culture of the nation ". We get the idea about this by having a look at the roads.

Most Viewed