Team-BHP - Bangalore: One More Reason To Get Stopped
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Bangalore: One More Reason To Get Stopped (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/57431-bangalore-one-more-reason-get-stopped-2.html)

Can the cops stop you for driving a Xenon?

yes if it is an after market accessory.not for factory fitted. this muddles it up for the cops and us people

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1277177)
Can the cops stop you for driving a Xenon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91 (Post 1277190)
yes if it is an after market accessory.not for factory fitted. this muddles it up for the cops and us people

Kya yaar Amit, read steer's post again. He is talking about driving a Tata Xenon not driving with xenon loghts. lol.

Afternoon 4pm also with your fresh lime soda salt I see.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 1276923)
He - Sir your headlamps are too bright! (not really, they’re only 90/100 Philips rally)

Uncle, 90/100 is in fact illegal!

Wow! Last time I came to Bangalore, they weren't catching people for exhaust notes. I must say, Bangy cops are learning fast from their buddies in Bombay.
What are you driving these days, Akshay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1277339)

I know that. Try driving a car with 55/60. Besides, I rarely use high beam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 1277351)
I know that. Try driving a car with 55/60.

But sir, I do! Always have!

Akshay, let's not get into this. Old 35 watt regular headlamp (as it was in olden days Amby) is good enough. Provided you have civilised drivers and decent roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 1277344)
What are you driving these days, Akshay?

He is trying to get instigated so is driving a Skoda Octavia vRS these days. Hence the OE xenons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 1276923)
He – Ok sir, goodnight (he gives me my papers back. He’s eyes are gleaming. His associate has stopped another car.. A Zen with deep exhaust note and thumping audio)

LOL. I guess the B'lore cops have too little to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1276933)
I pity the audi A4 owners. bi-xenons with white LED's.

My vRS has stock xenons and a thumping stereo. Guess I cant drive it to B'lore then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1277339)

Cut Uncle some slack he is old and has poor eyes. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1277354)
But sir, I do! Always have!

Baba watch it. Uncle has a 300/2.8 dont make him use it on you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 1277361)
Akshay, let's not get into this. Old 35 watt regular headlamp (as it was in olden days Amby) is good enough. Provided you have civilised drivers and decent roads.

Lol uncle, please don't get me wrong. Was just having a little fun. I seriously doubt either of your cars could be called illegal by any right-minded person.:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 1277366)
My vRS has stock xenons and a thumping stereo. Guess I cant drive it to B'lore then?

Stock Xenons you can argue with the cop, if you're nice and not aggressive he'll probably let you off. Thumping stereos are not yet illegal.

quote=navinCut Uncle some slack he is old and has poor eyes. lol:[/quote]
:eek:You said it boss, not me. I have nothing to do with the above statement!

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin

What does that mean? Is that a really bright headlamp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 1277366)

You can drive it to bangalore, if you don't have any issues on the way with the car.:D

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1277373)
What does that mean? Is that a really bright headlamp?

Yeah a very bright headlamp with a telephoto lens.lol:

This sure is good news. The cops should catch the people in all areas and not only at Cubbon Road or on old Airport Road and fined heavily or their vehicle should be towed and make them remove the bulbs. Then the people who are using the head light in High beam (with or w/o Xenons) will understand not use it.

why are "Xenons" synonymous with illegal? it's not the bulb but the idiot who drives with high beam on.
its stupid that driving with white lights on is considered punishable.

because most aftermarket xenons are in reflectors which blind the oncoming traffic - besides being in 6000K and above.