Team-BHP - Bangalore: One More Reason To Get Stopped
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Bangalore: One More Reason To Get Stopped (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/57431-bangalore-one-more-reason-get-stopped-3.html)

*anybody* who blinds oncoming traffic should be punished, regardless of the color of light or composition of gas.
the way it is right now, you can get away scot free if you have blinding high intensity halogens but can get booked if you drive sensibly with xenons.
bad.

I have been stopped before on saturday nights (while on the way back from movies). This was mostly to see if I am drunk. The cop first does the "human breath analyser" thing where he asks you to breathe in his face. If he feels you are drunk, they will do a proper test with the breath analyser. Once during a movie, i had a lot of pepsi (one of those combo deals!) and for some strange reason, i failed the human breath analyser test (go figure). As a result, i was subjected to the breath analyser (told them to put in a clean straw for me to blow into), it came clean with a reading of zero. So they apologized and despite pointing out my loud exhaust, let me go. I guess they were more interested in catching drunks that night - afterall why argue with a sane guy with loud exhaust when you can get easy money out of drunks with loud exhausts :)

Also I agree on stopping people with high beams. I don't think there is a reason to stop people with after market lamps, but I am sick of people driving unnecessarily with high beams (after market or stock)!!

In my old Zen, I was stopped by a cop and he told me "you have your high beams sir". I asked him to look in and said I was indeed on low beam. The beam was not aligned properly and got them aligned the next day.
I was impressed with the cop. I hope they catch all those driving with high beams and illegal aftermarket lamps.

Fining people using high beams is a very good thing. Sometimes I just go blind and fail to understand why they require such bright high beams in properly illuminated city roads. It is very dangerous!!

I use parking lights while driving around in Bangalore. Will i be stopped for using lower powered lights? :D

I was raiding back home on Friday midnight from my office and cops stopped me at Mysore Road exactly in front of Gopalan Mall. I saw the barricades and switched to parking as I have Philips 90/100 super white in my bike. Constable walked to me and asked where are you coming from? & where are you going? Told him I am coming from office and going home. This boss came and asked which bike, left gear bullet ha? I told him it’s Thunderbird from same company. By then constable had checked by license and employee identification. Then the inspector let me go, instructing constable stop people who are riding doubles. They are even stopping R1’s, hayabusa.

I had plans of taking RD for office, if I was on RD these guys would have definitely fined me for its sound.

Was coming @ around 11.00 pm yesterday from a friends place in my Gypsy with my wife and she was driving it.

@ around JP Nagar/southend circle area cops were stopping everyone (2 wheelers/cars) for checking and there was a barricade blocking one end of the road. Surprisingly when they saw my wife driving the Gypsy, they just waved us to move on.

I am pretty sure, if I were driving the Gypsy, I would have been stopped and...

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1276868)
He then pounces on me gleefully, asking me to rev the car, muttering race-gaadi. I oblige him and throttle the car -- oh mileage! No sound beyond the ordinary comes. Again, he asks me to rev, and again I do it. With my lovely Remus exhaust, the sound is only very slightly over stock, and I am safe! Very disappointed, he lets me go.

Will they ever do anything about the loudest (and much more common) exhausts on bangalore roads? :Frustrati

The three wheeled race-gaadis that come in black and yellow. They can give any FFE a run for their money when it comes to SPL.

Wow I seriously hope they start such inspections in Pune as well.

There are close to 70000 autos in Bangalore with defective silencers. I believe fine for this Rs.300. Even if they fine half of them they can collect a cool 1 crore. But I dont think there is anybody man enough in police department to do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreddy (Post 1278405)
There are close to 70000 autos in Bangalore with defective silencers. I believe fine for this Rs.300. Even if they fine half of them they can collect a cool 1 crore. But I dont think there is anybody man enough in police department to do this.

Not even the Head of Department will dare even to check them. (They will amass like a swarm of disturbed honeybees.:eek:) And what about diesel autos?

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1278381)
Was coming @ around 11.00 pm yesterday from a friends place in my Gypsy with my wife and she was driving it.

I am pretty sure, if I were driving the Gypsy, I would have been stopped and...

So you mean we should hand over the wheel to our wives when ever we go out and return late night to escape the police. Hmmm..let me think.:D

I remember we were stopped at Trinity Junction when we were driving Innova. The cop fined us for having had the high beam on which we switched on just before the junction as the street lights were not enough to see if there are some pedestrians walking. Funny thing is the front number plate was broken and that is an even more serious offence. But the cops did not notice that but fined 100 Rs for high beam. So, it is like they have drives for a particular offence and have blinkered vision.

So, if we change the stock lights of innova to a higher wattage, is it illegal? Innova's high beam is grossly inadequate for high way driving.

Nainar

Quote:

Originally Posted by anainar (Post 1279477)
I remember we were stopped at Trinity Junction when we were driving Innova. The cop fined us for having had the high beam on which we switched on just before the junction as the street lights were not enough to see if there are some pedestrians walking. Funny thing is the front number plate was broken and that is an even more serious offence. But the cops did not notice that but fined 100 Rs for high beam. So, it is like they have drives for a particular offence and have blinkered vision.

So, if we change the stock lights of innova to a higher wattage, is it illegal? Innova's high beam is grossly inadequate for high way driving.

Nainar

By the book anything over the stock wattage is illegal , but most cops dont even know that . If we go by the book there are lots of things which are illegal , even maintaining incorrect tyre pressure, or improperly focusssed headlamps has the potential to earn you tickets .

MY Small EXP in BEML Gate. One stupid SKODA driver was coming with parking light at evening 8 PM. And just 10 Meter away he suddenly switched on his powerful HID which made me almost blind for few second. I just turn my car to left else I would have hit him.

Some time I feel that I should add few White Halogen (Big One) and keep as back up :)