Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 18:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

So is there a fixed rate for these fines ? Might as well prepare myself.

I'm driving down to Bangalore this thursday. I have HIDs on my Projector lamps. And a TN-07 number plate to boot!
Old 28th April 2009, 18:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
So is there a fixed rate for these fines ? Might as well prepare myself.

I'm driving down to Bangalore this thursday. I have HIDs on my Projector lamps. And a TN-07 number plate to boot!
make sure you get your "finger"
Old 28th April 2009, 18:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
make sure you get your "finger"
: But thats for TN police.. plus I am a good boy now
Old 28th April 2009, 19:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
So you mean we should hand over the wheel to our wives when ever we go out and return late night to escape the police. Hmmm..let me think.
Actually, it works. Had gone to a friends party the other day at Radha hometel in whitefield. Had a few uh..iced teas so as usual gave the car keys to wifey (Always do that). A few hundred meters there was a police checkpost and they were stopping most cars (guess because of the Buddha creek Place). Anyway, I have an HR number so was pretty sure that i would have to shell out something. The cop stopped us, asked us to pull over. Used his flashlight to look inside, meanwhile I had already switched on the light inside (no tints). He looked at me, asked my wife for the license, checked it and let us go. No questions asked.
Old 1st May 2009, 15:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
By this time cop 2 can see the large rear end of my car, and has discovered an unusually large exhaust sticking out of it. He then pounces on me gleefully, asking me to rev the car, muttering race-gaadi. I oblige him and throttle the car -- oh mileage! No sound beyond the ordinary comes. Again, he asks me to rev, and again I do it. With my lovely Remus exhaust, the sound is only very slightly over stock, and I am safe! Very disappointed, he lets me go.
Same happened with me for the exhaust near highgrounds, even mine was bolt-on remus on swift, they told me to rev and didnt find anything unusual. later came to know only when i took off in some distance.

Regards
Tabrez
Old 2nd May 2009, 01:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

poor mama's they finished up previous month's salary and obviously dry at during month ends so desperate for some biriyani during the night.
at day time its the interceptors pissing people off and at night the cool mama's.
@Rudra uncle(i think i should call u that im 21 ) white hair does rock !!
Old 11th May 2009, 22:34   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I had quite an opposite experience about a month back. Was driving memo's SX4 near the Race Course. About 10-15 cops present catching anything that moves on wheels. The car has a loud exhaust. Now I am wondering how to keep the cops from fining me. At that moment the car shuts off and refuses to start in the middle of the road. Cops checks if I am drunk and asks me to come to the side to check if all papers are in order. But car refuses to start. In the end I got 5 cops to push the car as there was a huge pile up of cars behind me. Once the car started, I was asked to carry on inspite of they hearing the exhaust note. Wonder why....
Old 11th May 2009, 23:10   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I had quite an opposite experience about a month back. Was driving memo's SX4 near the Race Course. About 10-15 cops present catching anything that moves on wheels. The car has a loud exhaust. Now I am wondering how to keep the cops from fining me. At that moment the car shuts off and refuses to start in the middle of the road. Cops checks if I am drunk and asks me to come to the side to check if all papers are in order. But car refuses to start. In the end I got 5 cops to push the car as there was a huge pile up of cars behind me. Once the car started, I was asked to carry on inspite of they hearing the exhaust note. Wonder why....
Answer in the post itself in bold!
Old 12th May 2009, 00:48   #54
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Answer in the post itself in bold!
NO! I mean after the car started I still waited by the side as I didn't want to leave without showing them the papers etc, but then even after hearing the exhaust note the cop asked me to leave while I wasn't blocking the traffic anymore. And just remembered that a cop even asked me "What saar, racing car and it doesn't start"? . Though it was hilarious to see so many cops push the car. Haven't seen that before.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 12th May 2009 at 00:49.
Old 12th May 2009, 03:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
NO! I mean after the car started I still waited by the side as I didn't want to leave without showing them the papers etc, but then even after hearing the exhaust note the cop asked me to leave while I wasn't blocking the traffic anymore. And just remembered that a cop even asked me "What saar, racing car and it doesn't start"? . Though it was hilarious to see so many cops push the car. Haven't seen that before.
See ? And they say all cops are bad Not every one is . They are just returning the favour they got from another t-bhp member.
Old 12th May 2009, 05:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Got stopped by a cop at around 7.30pm a month or so back. I was driving my cop-magnet. He had to fish me out of a pile of rodents(autos) around me, which he did successfully once he spotted me sitting snuggly behind one of the rodents with my head lights off, almost like Ive never known that my car had 2 of them. He asks me to park and go to the 'inispectorr', i obeyed him to the T. He asked me for the usual drab, showed him all the literature and the plastic card with crazy levels of confidence, he seemed surprised, Im guessing he thought I will fumble somewhere...

He then tells me "fine kattbeku" (you gotta pay up a fine),
I astonishingly ask him "Yake"??? (Why),
he says "faalty egzhaast" (faulty exhaust),
I said "Sir didnt you recognize me"?
he says "no"
I said "no wonder you caught me"
he asks "who are you"
I said " national rally driver whom you find in magazines each month" and dropped my FMSCI licence in his hand.
-he looked confused, may be he for once thought I was some celebrity-
He asks me "do you have any proof to prove like magazines and stuff"??
I told him politely "saar, I will call the senior correspondent(Tbhpian-Doomsday) of a magazine called Auto Track if he wishses to"
he says "thats not required"
-He then looks at the FMSCI licence and starts laughing-
I asked him "waat happened saar"???
he goes like this- "waat have they written here- "Motorsports can be dangerous" haahahaarrraharrr......if its dangerous why conduct them???
I was like "haha haha...dont know saar, do you want me to call and find out??"
-As we spoke the constable guy stops a speeding landcruiser, the driver gets down, comes straight to the Inspector and throws on him " this is the x CM's sons car" and Im going to pick him up from his aunts place"......blah blah.

I escaped, went to Java City wondering political power does help, in this case it did help me escape!!!
Old 13th May 2009, 09:38   #57
BHPian

@Wolf, it seems to me you abused your FMSCI registration to get out of a sticky situation and are proud of it?? If you were in fact in violation of a one or more traffic laws why not just pay the fine and be done with it. I fail to see the point otherwise of asking the cop if he recognized you or not.

I am sure there are many on the forum who are all for escaping liability in any way conceivable, but to be quite honest, I don't agree. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers all!
Old 13th May 2009, 09:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

I find that even though they are stopping everyone these days if your papers are in order there is a good chance they will let you go.

Provided your handsome or beautiful and speak well (like most of us are). Akshay you probably got let off because of the dinner you had just digested on all 3 occasions!!! Hhehe.

Iv been stopped for insurance last month, but everything was in order. The TC then pointed out that my front number plate lettering is too small. He walks a small distance and then asks "Now can you read it?" Im like yes sir even without my glasses.. Just then a guy passed with fancy lettering and Im like see that cant be read, mine a legit font. Off I went!
Old 13th May 2009, 12:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
@Wolf, it seems to me you abused your FMSCI registration to get out of a sticky situation and are proud of it?? If you were in fact in violation of a one or more traffic laws why not just pay the fine and be done with it. I fail to see the point otherwise of asking the cop if he recognized you or not.

I am sure there are many on the forum who are all for escaping liability in any way conceivable, but to be quite honest, I don't agree. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers all!
Kartik, I understand what you are saying but lets not get emotional here. There are a million times Ive got caught for zero offences, including this time, but had to shell out money to bail myself out. I have been charged for reasons like - 'Rash Driving' (when nothing else has any substantial evidence and this one doesnt need one), rash driving my foot, Im cruising at 45kmph with my parents, this is just one case.

Well, I am not someone who'd like to break law and slither out by taking my grandfathers name or pretend like Im born yesterday and be let gone off as a juvenile delinquent!!! All, that I wanted the man with the cop uniform to know is Im not racing on the street or causing nuisance and I am a professional with my licence/magazine story as proof of that. Yes I do have a valid race licence and yes I have been featured in magazines, so I am not fully wrong, am I? Well, beyond that I am not really responsible for the cops ignorance or mediocrity

I undersntand that fancying a non OE exhaust is punishable by law but so does taking bribes, isnt it?...well, an eye-for-an-eye.

Moreover, its easier to condemn than to shell out your hard earned money for a reason that doesnt convince any sane mind! My 2 cents...
Old 13th May 2009, 15:47   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Kartik, I understand what you are saying but lets not get emotional here. There are a million times Ive got caught for zero offences, including this time, but had to shell out money to bail myself out. I have been charged for reasons like - 'Rash Driving' (when nothing else has any substantial evidence and this one doesnt need one), rash driving my foot, Im cruising at 45kmph with my parents, this is just one case.

Well, I am not someone who'd like to break law and slither out by taking my grandfathers name or pretend like Im born yesterday and be let gone off as a juvenile delinquent!!! All, that I wanted the man with the cop uniform to know is Im not racing on the street or causing nuisance and I am a professional with my licence/magazine story as proof of that. Yes I do have a valid race licence and yes I have been featured in magazines, so I am not fully wrong, am I? Well, beyond that I am not really responsible for the cops ignorance or mediocrity

I undersntand that fancying a non OE exhaust is punishable by law but so does taking bribes, isnt it?...well, an eye-for-an-eye.

Moreover, its easier to condemn than to shell out your hard earned money for a reason that doesnt convince any sane mind! My 2 cents...
But as per the first post, you said that you were driving with headlights off at 7.30PM!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks