Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 01:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

this is an accident and not a manufacture defect.
as Mentioned by Rudra probable cause is faulty wiring,to much load on battery due to ice(aftermarket), Rats????
toyota is one of the if not the most trusted and reliable company's in the world.
we have owned around 10 Toyota's in the past and not yet experienced trouble with it (touch wood) other than accidental damage due to negligence(not from me from the guy who Tailed me!!)

This is the older gen car and if this was a manufacture defect we would see a lot of burning corolla's daily
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Indica beonging to one of my relative caught fire after 4th or 5th year of owning it. If it was a manufatcuring defect, the trouble should have taken place much earlier. Simillarly in case of Corolla also, this may not be due to manufacturing defect but quite likely due to some damage/tampering done knowingly/unkowingly. Also, I belive the fire would not have started all of a sudden but it would have given enough indications like smell of rubber/pastics getting heated and smoke. Probably the driver was caught unaware or he was away when it begun.
Apparantly, in case of my relative's Indica, people advised him to disconnect the battery immediately when they saw the smoke coming out from the heated engine bay. But he did not allow them to touch the car. Only when the smoke increased, he decided to disconnect. But while disconnecting (pulling the lead out) it caused sparks and this was enough to trigger the fire (enough hot imflamable sustbance in the air around)

Last edited by Guna : 2nd May 2009 at 11:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks