Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 08:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

If this is about experience, I have many to note down to prove that car drivers are arrogant, indiscipline.

1) I have seen many car drivers not move on the left side even when they have space are moving slower than two wheelers. Its wrong to overtake from left i.e. undertake, but what options are there for two wheeler riders. Car drivers are comfortable inside AC with windows rolled up and talking on mobiles.
So what should one do. I daily end up in this situation.
This is most irritating problem and most ignored one too.

How many times a car has moved left to let faster two wheelers over take them.

2) A few days back, as usual I was running around fast for my project. There was a Wagon R with ladies apparently going to some marriage function. There was a Y junction and first did not move to let me overtake them, then I was of course undertaking them, suddenly from the left window a hand comes out and the Wagon R tries to take left turn after literally missing it.
What shall I do ? Call police, register a formal complaint against the driver ? Ask her to get out of her car and then start screaming at her for driving like a crazy madwoman ?
This happened near Vaadi Vadi are in Vadodara, a place where I am regularly rear ended.

3) Its known to us that the person who rear ends other is at fault, generally.
On Shastri overbridge, there was Santro Zip drive driven by a responsible family man ( one with wife and kids ). He did not move left despite having space on left and was slower than me. I was trying to overtake him since Sarabhai circle.
On the bridge I managed to overtake him taking great risk. Suddenly the those in front of me braked hard. I did that too. That Santro driver was busy chatting with his wife and braked late such that there was screeching noise from tyres. He got out and was fighting with me.
He
a) Did not give me space for overtaking.
b) Was not attentive while driving.

What shall I do, beat him ? I had the energy to do that too.

4) Before joining the main road, how many times a car driver looks is a smaller vehicle is coming. Generally they dont see and ignore two wheelers. If they are joining the main road, its their duty to see if some body is already moving or not. They just come out of the blue from any small lane and start driving.

So I believe we cannot comment on two wheeler riders in general. Its all about personal experience.
Before everyone tells me I am on two wheeler mostly, its not exaclty true. This is from somebody who regularly drives 1 lakh km + Maruti 800 in city and sometimes Baleno too.

When I am in car, other indisciplined car drivers are more irritating and disturbing than two wheelers that is what I have observed.
Old 5th May 2009, 09:08   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

frankly the best solution to this is to rigorously enforce lane discipline and impose heavy fines on those who dont follow the rule.
Including and upto Court case and / or removal/ suspension of driving license. Only then will our people learn a lesson

Most Viewed