Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2005, 01:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Another irritating thing is that you obey a red light during off peak hours and the people behind you starts honking. Just like people thinking every left is a free left there are morons who block the left lanes where there is a free left. I think at every signal it should be marked whether the left turn is a free left or not just so that there wont be any confusion between the left takers and the left blockers.

And the signal lights: When you see a light goin from green to orange you should slow down and prepare to stop. But the morons increase their speed when they see orange in hope of gettin across before the red comes on. In my opinion they should do away with the orange, with red and green it's either stop or you can go. There won't be any mad rush when the orange comes on. I think in US they follow this system, am i correct?
Old 3rd June 2005, 09:55   #17
BHPian

hi guys, its not the case with bangalore alone..We have a junction here in cochin, university junction.. The problem is with the bus drivers..They need to keep up their time, Those morons just move their machines even if its a red signal and they honk like siren to move out of their way even if the other vehicles are keeping their rules.The authorities take no action on it.Is there any way we can do anything about this .Its better to call it a danger zone rather a traffic safety signal
Old 3rd June 2005, 09:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
And the signal lights: When you see a light goin from green to orange you should slow down and prepare to stop. But the morons increase their speed when they see orange in hope of gettin across before the red comes on.
Iam a moron here Sankar. Good point. Yes I do try to pass through the signal before it turns red. I am sure that I will change myself to take the orange signal as an indication to stop, but I do not know what would be the response from the guys who follow me
Old 3rd June 2005, 10:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

yeah the timer thing has people more desparate ! the cars start inching forward slowly when the timer hits 10 seconds left...crazy !!

the only solution according to me - on the line , there should be a plank with a bed of nails that comes up as the signal turns red and inverts itself when it goes green..then lets see how many idiots start inching forward....at the risk of puncturing the tyres !!!
Old 3rd June 2005, 10:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the signal lights: When you see a light goin from green to orange you should slow down and prepare to stop. But the morons increase their speed when they see orange in hope of gettin across before the red comes on. In my opinion they should do away with the orange, with red and green it's either stop or you can go. There won't be any mad rush when the orange comes on. I think in US they follow this system, am i correct?
hehe... i do exactly the opposite... in fact, i hope and pray that the green light turns orange as i approach the junction. This ensures that i get a relatively clean stretch of road, however small it may be. But in that relatively light stretch, with all the traffic behind me and not in front of me, i am in a state of bliss.

i know... hehe

But the best part happens when i pull up at the next traffic signal next to the moron who jumped the red light on the last signal!!

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 3rd June 2005, 11:08   #21
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
i hope and pray that the green light turns orange as i approach the junction. This ensures that i get a relatively clean stretch of road, however small it may be. But in that relatively light stretch, with all the traffic behind me and not in front of me, i am in a state of bliss.

But the best part happens when i pull up at the next traffic signal next to the moron who jumped the red light on the last signal!!

same here love to take off from pole position, it feels great
Old 3rd June 2005, 11:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
hehe... i do exactly the opposite... in fact, i hope and pray that the green light turns orange as i approach the junction. This ensures that i get a relatively clean stretch of road, however small it may be. But in that relatively light stretch, with all the traffic behind me and not in front of me, i am in a state of bliss.

i know... hehe

Cheers
Amitoj
Exactly the same here. Eventhough my car is a little lethargic to start off, I take pride in leading other bigger cars
Old 3rd June 2005, 13:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
the only solution according to me - on the line , there should be a plank with a bed of nails that comes up as the signal turns red and inverts itself when it goes green..
Boy, you should really patent this idea.
Old 3rd June 2005, 13:29   #24
Team-BHP Support

I also though of having a spike strip on signals. It would be fun to see some moron jumping the light at night and getting all four flats plus a bang in the divider. Will dissuade all jumpers after that
Old 7th June 2005, 04:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Boy, you should really patent this idea.
I double that one.Very innovative idea.

X
Old 7th June 2005, 06:56   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Not really, while you start at a signal light, it goes from Red to Green without the orange. In India it is there to let the good people who cut off their engines to startup. The counters are even better, they are like a long orange signal.

The US has the yellow/orange before you stop, and people do stop most of the time. Unless they are drunk or do not mind the tickets they get. Many have Photo enforcement, where you get a picture of you skipping the stop light.
-Prasadee
Old 14th February 2006, 13:23   #27
BHPian

I agree with you. Spike should come up along with red light. In chennai, the mail culprits in Bus drivers and cab drivers. They will take everything for granted.
Old 14th February 2006, 17:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I also though of having a spike strip on signals. It would be fun to see some moron jumping the light at night and getting all four flats plus a bang in the divider. Will dissuade all jumpers after that
and will ensure a heavy jam thereafter ;-) I am so pissed off with these bus and trucks, which break-down o road, and then are repaired in the middle-of-road. Today morning itself, while coming to office it took me 1 hour to reach Modi mill fly-over from Appollo hospitals. When I reached at the end of jam I noticed a bus standing in the middle of road and 3-4 guys replacing it's tyre. I wanted to thrash them real badly but better sense prevailed and I drove-off.

\N
Old 14th February 2006, 18:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip
hi guys, its not the case with bangalore alone..We have a junction here in cochin, university junction.. The problem is with the bus drivers..They need to keep up their time, Those morons just move their machines even if its a red signal and they honk like siren to move out of their way even if the other vehicles are keeping their rules.The authorities take no action on it.Is there any way we can do anything about this .Its better to call it a danger zone rather a traffic safety signal
same here in mumbai and if we dont move they come really close which does make u skip a beat that he may scratch ur beloved and one cant even fight with them
Old 14th February 2006, 19:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee

Many have Photo enforcement, where you get a picture of you skipping the stop light.
-Prasadee
I think this is the solution....photo enforcement by keeping hidden cameras.Our Bangalore cops are already doing this for parking in a No Parking zone.I got a ticket by mail recently...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks