Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2006, 09:50   #31
BHPian

Apart from jumping signals, starting off when there is some 10 seconds left etc, you can see a lot of auto's taxi's bikers expecially trying to go from the extreme left to right or vice versa. Another pain in Bangalore is even when there is a long line of vehicles waiting at the signal you can see auto's, bikers, taxi's and some private vehicles move towards the signal from the right side of the road, block the traffic and create a mess no one aint bothered about others thats crazy
Old 15th February 2006, 10:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan
I think this is the solution....photo enforcement by keeping hidden cameras.Our Bangalore cops are already doing this for parking in a No Parking zone.I got a ticket by mail recently...
Looks like your not the only one...I had parked in a No parking zone for like 5 minutes, with the Parking lights on...even then I got a mail from the cops by mail.
Than there was another incident when I had skipped a signal...but I was beside a BMTC bus so that the cop didnt see me. After a week I got a pic of me jumping the signal...and a fine imposed for that
Old 15th February 2006, 10:13   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan
I think this is the solution....photo enforcement by keeping hidden cameras.Our Bangalore cops are already doing this for parking in a No Parking zone.I got a ticket by mail recently...
Yes bangalore cops are going tech savvy now .. I see these cops with cameras everywhere these days .. Just like SS a few days one of the boys in dads office parked the pulsar in a no-parking zone .. He says he didnt notice it .. However we got a letter from the traffic police last week, stating the non-parking violation with the pic of the bike .. Fine of Rs 100 was to be paid at the station .. Id say this is an excellent initiative and our cops are heading in the right direction .. Now lets see , how far this continues for ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th February 2006 at 10:16.
Old 16th February 2006, 11:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
I double that one.Very innovative idea.

X
yeah, this way they could literally nail them !
Old 24th February 2006, 10:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
the only solution according to me - on the line , there should be a plank with a bed of nails that comes up as the signal turns red and inverts itself when it goes green..then lets see how many idiots start inching forward....at the risk of puncturing the tyres !!!
dude ur a genius lets do this. i've been honked like mad when timer hits bout 10secs by impatient ppl frm behind, but i dont move an inch. but when that signal turns green n if i got pole position i smoke every single one of em. ppl in chennai r always in a hurry to get movin frm a signal, but once they get moving they move only at 20kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks