Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 16:32   #1
GRV
BHPian

Rent a Ferrari / Lamborghini / Supercars abroad?

Hi

I will be in Italy for 2 weeks on family vacation.

My 10 yrs old son wants to have a ride in Lamborghini. I checked on internet, where one can rent Lambo for a day for USD 1300/- upwards.

But I want to hire say for an hour, pay just USD 100-150 and tick one item in his wish list.

Does any one know if it is possible ? any reference to web site

Thanks
GRV
Old 7th May 2009, 16:44   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Wear a really good italian suit, get a whole load of gold from your wife to deck every part part of your body, swagger into the Lambo showroom with a cheque book in your hand and DEMAND for a test drive.

Vanish thereafter.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:45   #3
BHPian

Doubt it, and firstly you will be billed for a higher amount as insurance for legal penalties(speeding tickets/wrong parking zone , etc) and the standard deposit as well. This amount is then reimbursed into your account in a few days once the vehicle is returned.

If your talking about a 1hour hire , I'd first try a "test drive" at the showroom and hopefully you shall pull it off for the sake of your son. Ah this reminds me of "Scent of a woman" and "the bucket list".

I'd personally say take the plunge of 1300USD and have the beast for a full day if you can afford it. There's no better feeling than driving about in a supercar. I remember spending my final bank overdraft limit on hiring a tattered up Ferrari 350.I parked it in 1st gear and the beeping thing would not downshift and engage neutral to crank it up.Even though i wasn't able to drive the car for a full 12hours out of the 24,the memories of driving a ferrari shall never fade and this i will always cherish. I hope i have inspired you

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 7th May 2009 at 16:48.
Old 7th May 2009, 23:30   #4
BHPian

GRV - one simple thing. Go to a Lambo showroom - talk to the representatives there, explain them that your son wants a ride in a Lambo and he's totally crazy about it.
Any person with a good heart should let your son ride in a lambo ( with their own driver/ test drive vehicle handler ) in their campus ( at least in their own parking lot ).

Hope this helps !
Old 8th May 2009, 02:18   #5
BHPian

Assuming you are not trying to complete your own dream using the disguise of your son's wishes, I would recommend you to head straight to the showroom(with your passport details) as they would ask for id proofs before letting you do a test-drive.

The proffesionals in the Lambo showrooms are really courteous and treat you like a king.I myself had gone and take a testride of the murcielago here in Canada.And they took my passport details for record purposes.
The only fly in the soup was the executive accompanying me for the testdrive who kept on asking personal questions like is this for your girlfriend and blah blah.

But go for a testdrive.Unlike, my indian experience, I assume the executive in Italian showrooms will not and cannot deny you a testdrive.

But i am wondering where will your son sit in the coupe.Tell the executive to take your son for a ride after you have driven it.
Old 8th May 2009, 04:05   #6
Team-BHP Support

GRV,

Firstly - where in italy are you goin ?? (On my recent trip to italy, in 8-10days there i did not see a single ferrari, lambo, or anything better than a merc S-class!)

Secondly - chances are that the inflated price of the "1 hour" IF it is possible, will make you want to rent it for a day instead

Lastly, im suprised at how many people are suggesting a lambo test-drive. I would imagine that it would be a little difficult to get your hands on one for a "test-drive"....but goodluck!!

cya
R

PS - for hourly rentals, check this out :
Quote:
....That's where Diplomat's hourly rates for a number of exotic cars come into play. ...
Source : Top Ten Top Ten - The Top Ten Incredibly Cool Car Rentals
Old 8th May 2009, 12:41   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Include the Ferrari factory tours in your itinerary as well.

Quote:
I would imagine that it would be a little difficult to get your hands on one for a "test-drive"....but goodluck!!
Not if you wear the right clothes & watch. The first thing that salesman is going to look at is the watch.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:17   #8
Team-BHP Support

Since you say this is for your son, why dont you ask the people in the showroom to take him around for sometime? Ofcourse, your dream will remain unfulfilled, but nevertheless.
Old 8th May 2009, 16:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
Hi

I will be in Italy for 2 weeks on family vacation.

My 10 yrs old son wants to have a ride in Lamborghini. I checked on internet, where one can rent Lambo for a day for USD 1300/- upwards.

But I want to hire say for an hour, pay just USD 100-150 and tick one item in his wish list.

Does any one know if it is possible ? any reference to web site

Thanks
GRV
Your son does have extravagant tastes!

If you were to go on a test drive, you and your son won't be able to go at the same time. And I'm afraid of the reaction you're going to get from the executive when you ask him to take your 10 year old son for a drive...

It's probably a much better idea to do the one hour rental thing..

If you are bent on the test drive, here's an idea: You waltz into the showroom with your fancy clothes, say you're a rich dad who's going to gift his son a Lambo, talk to the executive about pricing etc. while your son goes on his drive, and say you'll come back later. Only downside is you won't be able to go yourself..
Old 8th May 2009, 16:16   #10
Team-BHP Support

Simple. Tell them the car is for your Father.
And your Father trusts his grandson more than you in car matters.

But do you really want to fib about it.
Not sure what you fibbing would mean to your son though.
But of course its your choice.
Old 8th May 2009, 18:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not if you wear the right clothes & watch. The first thing that salesman is going to look at is the watch.
GTO, but thats a fair advice.
Old 8th May 2009, 18:55   #12
BHPian

very well said GTO.this was told to me by a very big personality a few years back.i aske him why do you carry such expensive watches & pens & he said when i am sitting with a person whom i have to deal with sees my accessories & decides how to talk to me.
Not if you wear the right clothes & watch. The first thing that salesman is going to look at is the watch.[/quote]
Old 8th May 2009, 19:19   #13
BHPian

I better start investing in expensive watches & Armani suits [:P]

You've got one lucky son!

BTW, curious question to others:
Can you just walkin & ask for a test drive??
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2009, 10:43   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
BTW, curious question to others:
Can you just walkin & ask for a test drive??
Of course you can.Its a free world.And trust me its this apprehension that prevent half of us to really go ahead and do it.

TRy it out null.Thats why they have the demo cars.

And if they deny you..start shouting ...Racism!! Racism!!
Old 9th May 2009, 12:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hum Hamare daddy ke liye inte expensive toh kabhi nahi pade lol j/k

I would say try for the test drive. Either they ll agree or disagree. Whats the harm in trying that out.!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks