Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2005, 23:06   #1
BHPian

Me v/s carrera

hi guys,
was just returning home about 20 mins back driving a blue scorpio. was getting down from the peddar road flyover and driving a little whacked when i see this black wide car on the road. go near it and see it is a shiny new black carrera. take the right turn towards babulnath and get on its tail. on the left turn which goes onto chowpatty i go on its outside and come side by side. he finally sees me and accelerates away.
wilson college junction: side by side at the signal. finally see its a couple in the car. i admire the car and he senses what i am upto. signal goes green and i have a better start but in the next second i am eaten up.
reach the next signal and again side by side. this time he mentions to me to have a race. now i am in my car with my mom and grandmom. they realise what we are upto and scream at me not to even think about it. but who wants to miss this oppurtunity.
signal goes green and he gets a better start and is off...catch up behind him at bachelors cause of traffic and then there is not a single car on the road upto hindu gymkhana. he must have touched 130 and i maxed at 120...he hesitates to overtake a taxi on the right lane, i move into the middle and am away...i see him change lanes but by then i am gone...i think about waiting for him and giving him a wave but was getting really late and had to get home. last saw him stop at the churchgate signal.i guess he didnt push cause he was scared about his car...
anyway i enjoyed the drive.
Old 2nd June 2005, 23:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Not the smartest way to race on the streets (especially with your mother and grandmother sitting behind) but, it's good to know you got to race against a Carrera.

Quote:
this time he mentions to me to have a race
LOL, guy wanted a "Pan", but couldn't handle the masala. (I doubt, anybody's gonna get that) Hahaha

Drive safe............

Shan2nu
Old 2nd June 2005, 23:47   #3
BHPian

hey adil was it a hardtop or a convertible?
Old 2nd June 2005, 23:52   #4
BHPian

normally i dont race on the street but this was special. and i didnt want to give it a slip.
though it was stupid of me to be racing in a scorpio. would have preferred my astra but that had an accident and is in the garage so have to use this crappy car....though i dont think i can call it crappy after beating a porsche with it...lol
as for my family they are used to me driving like this...and they always wear seat belts when i am driving so...
Old 2nd June 2005, 23:54   #5
BHPian

it was a hardtop...was a 911 carrera "something"...cant distinguish between porsche models so cant confirm which exact model it was...
Old 3rd June 2005, 00:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey adil nice experience ..is your scorpio the new crde???
Old 3rd June 2005, 00:13   #7
BANNED

Haha a race between a sports car and an SUV sounds kewl and feels funnier.. anywayz drive safe man the carrera is dead stable at 130 but the scorpio is not.. the carrera will stop in no time with all its tech but a scorp wont so be safe drive safe and avoid street racing..
Old 3rd June 2005, 00:44   #8
BHPian

dude sounds like you taught the guy a lesson good damn good

Last edited by byramshroff : 3rd June 2005 at 00:55.
Old 3rd June 2005, 00:51   #9
BHPian

hi guys... im the guy driving the carrera... and my friend adil... the only reason i slowed down was so that u could feel good about ureself.... im not scared... and my friend in this forum will vouch for that as he has seen me race at speeds of 150 km with an SL 55AMG.... and another reason why i slowed down is because the owner of the car (i.e. my father) was in the car behind and if he saw me racing his car like that, i dont think i would be allowed to drive it anymore... if u would like to have a race we could schedule a meet anytime...
Old 3rd June 2005, 00:56   #10
BHPian

and another thing... next time pick a race with a car of ure standards.... its no use trying a race with a carrera and thinking u mite win or something... well anywyas, im glad u felt good about ureself for those 5 mins.... if there is anything else i could do for u, please let me know... as a wise man told me once, "power when u need it, u know u can take on any car on the road..."
Old 3rd June 2005, 00:58   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vack
hi guys... im the guy driving the carrera... and my friend adil... the only reason i slowed down was so that u could feel good about ureself.... im not scared... and my friend in this forum will vouch for that as he has seen me race at speeds of 150 km with an SL 55AMG.... and another reason why i slowed down is because the owner of the car (i.e. my father) was in the car behind and if he saw me racing his car like that, i dont think i would be allowed to drive it anymore... if u would like to have a race we could schedule a meet anytime...
sounds like a challenge to me.Am sure it would be quite interesting under the right conditions any opinions on this 1?

Last edited by byramshroff : 3rd June 2005 at 01:00.
Old 3rd June 2005, 01:14   #12

hahahah a carrera against a scorpio... well done adil... however, if my father was in the car behind me and i was driving a 80 lakh car, i would take it easy specially in traffic... and byram, i really dont think the race would be that interesting... the outcome under the right conditions would be carrera finish line, scorpio +1 minute!!! sorry adil, but i think the carrera is just too quick... and i have seen this guy drive... from what ive seen before, he dint seem scared at the time..
Old 3rd June 2005, 01:30   #13
BHPian

hey KING ive seen this guy drive.floors it on open stretches but as soon as he hits a little traffic he slows down to a crawl.the scorpio might stand a chance in flowing traffic because i sincerely doubt the guy driving the porsche would push his luck.
Old 3rd June 2005, 01:33   #14
BHPian

ure right byram.... and i think any supercar owner would agree with me that they would not risk damaging their car in traffic... for the other guy it costs maybe 5,000 to get it fixed... for my car it would cost about 5 laks to get it fixed... think about it...(unless ofcourse u are like another friend of ours who doesnt mind paying that amount and driving his supercar like its a Rs10,000 car...)
Old 3rd June 2005, 01:54   #15
BHPian

and for any other members of this forum who think "i wanted a pan and couldnt handle the masala" (bad metaphor i must add), i have to say that if u guys think that our friend Mr. Adil did a great thing by "beating" a porsche, i must say that u guys probably dont know what it feels like to think about damaging a 90 lakh car and having the owner of the car watching your every move sitting in another car behind u... i am not bothered by the fact that someone in a scorpio beat me... because, to be fair, there was no start- finish line, and if there was, i must agree with KingBMW about the outcome of that race...if anyone else has anything to say about my so- called defeat, i suggest you put yourself in my shoes, and think about the consequences...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks