Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 11:19   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
My Scorpio - Vandalised

Imagine my shock this morning after reaching office when my wife rang me saying that the front of the bonnet on my scorp was scratched and apparently something had hit it and it was slightly turned up with an apparent gap between the bonnet edge and the rest of the body work
additionally, someone has harmed the bumper by making a depression in it near the driving lamp.

The vehicle was parked at home since Sunday morning when I drove it last. And this morning, this problem was noticed.

I am deeply upset because more than anything I take care of my vehicle very carefully.

Seeing this level of vandalism, just outside my own home, is very worrying.

I have no option but to get it fixed and incur some costs on the same.

It is horrible - I am powerless, frustrated and angry - trouble is we dont know who is the perpetrator! I am too hassled to post the pics my wife sent me via the mobile!
Old 12th May 2009, 11:25   #2

Shankar,

This is really sad incident. All the best for a speedy repair.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this. I can feel your pain and frustration. Its a sad state of affairs when people go about vandalising someone else's property for no rhyme or reason.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:26   #4
BHPian

Can it be claimed through insurance? Check that so that you are hurt less. It was happening with me also 2 years back but luckily we shifted to new house(it was due) but those dents on my santro came with me. Those dents fetched me less value when I sold the car.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this. Somebody must have been neglectful while reversing, is my best bet. High time people owned up their mistakes. I fully empathize with you Shankar, you must be really hurt.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

How disgusting! Nothing is more frustrating than these "mystery" dents that surface without our knowledge
Old 12th May 2009, 11:50   #7
BHPian

This kinda things Hurts us. Same kind of act happned with me when somebody has delebratly scratched all 4 doors with some key and taken the paint out. We are sometime helpless in this situation.

When will people understand not to touch others vehicle.

Last edited by shabahmad : 12th May 2009 at 11:53.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:57   #8
BHPian

Ouch! This is something that really spoils the mood. Having faced this kind of situation coupla times, I can fully empathize with you. It really is sad that many people have no respect left for other people's property. Let alone be it an accident, I have seen people intentionally scratching vehicles standing on the road. :(
Old 12th May 2009, 11:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

If you park your vehicle outside, get the impact sensor installed. I had it in my Indica as I used to park it in common parking. You can adjust the impact sensitivity based on where it is parked. Highest level even senses the impact of a cat jumping on the car.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:01   #10
BHPian

shankar: sorry to hear that and very unfortunate incident indeed. I can understand the situation you are through, and in my case my car which was parked in front of my brother's house its side was scratched by another vehicle (It was a red omni)

Your incident: Please report to police and file an FIR, might not be getting you any benefits but still..

And go for the insurance and that FIR would be of help there. Though not required for comprehensive insurance all types of claims. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Regards,
Old 12th May 2009, 12:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Opps thats really bad!

i guess you park your SUV out?

I do the same and have seen some minor dents.

In your case guess someone did it intentionally?
Old 12th May 2009, 12:16   #12
BANNED

Sorry to hear this - see if you can live with some of the damage, I've noticed that it prevents further vandalism to an extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Nothing is more frustrating than these "mystery" dents that surface without our knowledge
OT: I've heard about some mysterious dents surfacing when an owner was taking a power nap and his travel companion was driving.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:20   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thanks guys - YES I could "clobber" someone senseless right now.
However, I ve been parking outside my house under a tree for the last 5-6 years.
Never happened till now.
the next door site is an empty one and no one usually parks there as they are scared of my dogs.
This MUST have happened Sunday afternoon - I was out. My home attendant may have gone around the corner to the shops to buy bread or something. And some miserable person took his opportunity. The Dogs cannot come out of the main door/ gate if no one is at home but I wish they could talk - they would have set up a ruckus knowing them.
Yesterday I dont think it could have taken place since we had people there the whole day while I was in office.

I dont think its worth claiming insurance on this - it is quite minor I believe. But what I cannot understand is why anyone should do this intentionally - there are construction workers in the opposite site and I have a good relationship with them - keep giving them things and so on. They dont seem to know who is guilty. And frankly while there is one kid who generally lurks around there near my compound wall and next to the jeep, I dont think he is the type to do this. Just because he is poor and jobless doesnt mean I can automatically assume he will purposely do this - atleast, I hope not. Benefit of doubt must be given to him in the absence of any indicative proof whatsoever.

However, your suggestion ref impact sensor may be a good idea - problem only is that each time the dogs come out for a walk they jump about near the jeep in their excitement and will definitely set it off accidentally!

But bottomline is that I feel by the grace of the good god above that by this thing happening now, possibly something bigger and worse has been averted hopefully.

I shall quietly and philosophically get the repairs done in the garage, (again un-budgeted expenditure!!) and then move on quietly with life I guess.

But hey - I just cant help having that "sinking" feeling each time I think of the vandalised jeep. Just being human I guess...
Old 12th May 2009, 12:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shankar,

Sorry to hear about this! I does get one worked all up seeing his/her vehicle get vandalised by some clowns as this!

I do wish you get that person, even though a remote possibility!

And like you way of thinking about this negating something worse. I oftern do the same!

Hope you get ride back in shape soon.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:46   #15
BHPian

In Bangalore, many idiots vandalize cars. They run a sharp object on the side of the car scratching throughout. At night, drunks through stones, smash glass. All pointless fun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks