Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 17:20   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i normally cover it. however we were out for about 6-7 hours on sunday and i had used it on sunday morning so i didnt cover it.
left it as it was. yesterday i used the other car and came back late so didnt see anything
today left early- didnt see anything.
wifey came out and while she was leaving the house, saw the problem and called me.
deeply distressing - am going home now to see what exactly the damages are and how to set them right
fixed with the mahindra dealers to pop over tomorrow morning and pick up the vehicle to rectify it.
I dont know what has happened, who has done this and so on - but I suppose I shall just have to bear with it and get it fixed. trouble is that the right side headlamp also seems to be broken inside - though the lights work alright when switched on etc.
will see if it is necessary to claim for the same via insurance mode - better in case the damages are likely to be expensive to fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Agreed, this will work against sadist who want to scratch your car with a sharp object. But in Shankar's case the damage would have gone unnoticed unless he would have taken off the cover. If that would have been a couple of days then I don't know how the original post would have sounded like.
Then there are irresponsible, kids who want to do things with their teeny cycles, then too any dents will go unnoticed, if the car is undercover for a week or so.
Old 12th May 2009, 17:28   #32
BANNED

maybe - i think I will claim insurance in this case
anyway am going home shortly- hope to be able to close this trouble. mine is the simple LX 2.6 without immobilizer and all that - I guess it would be a simple matter to start and steal compared with the new vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
@shankar,

Are You sure its a case of vandalism? I suspect if someone tried to break open the bonnet in accordance with theft. Maybe he/she wanted to break the fuse from the running lamps to deter the alarm!

+Rocky+

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th May 2009 at 17:29.
Old 13th May 2009, 15:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hear shankar on that on your car. its pure jealousy that prompted someone to do this, and not stealing gone wrong.

My car is full of scratches thanks to Morons scratching it while I have parked it. Dont have place inside compound to park. Even having cover didnt deter someone to put a big dent + scratch (it torned the cover too)

The pain of your car getting such a treatment is something we can understand, but what causes the other person to touch others car is something I donot understand.

We love cars, whenver I see any expensive car, I drool, but never touch it, better see it.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:52   #34
BANNED

getting it fixed boys. the scorp will be in hospital for 5 days - may get it back Monday/ Tuesday or so.

looks like around 20 to 25 grand worth of damages on it - from the bonnet, fender, to the headlamp to the bumper, the driving lamp etc.

registered complaint with insurance - lets see when they send the survey chaps.

funny its just one week more and my insurance payment is due - Bang goes my entire 25% no claim bonus as well - carefully guarded over the last 3 years.

one way or another, this is quite an expensive learning for me too.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:54   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
maybe - i think I will claim insurance in this case
anyway am going home shortly- hope to be able to close this trouble. mine is the simple LX 2.6 without immobilizer and all that - I guess it would be a simple matter to start and steal compared with the new vehicles.
Maybe add a gear lock.
and or a more visible from outside Steering lock.
Old 13th May 2009, 17:18   #36
BHPian

Hope your ride gets back as good as new Shankar. Hopefully the insurance guys will be all right. And I guess the amount you would have saved by NCB will be far less than the cost of repairs, so grin and bear it I guess.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:14   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

If possible, get a CCTV installed pointed towards the parking area
Old 13th May 2009, 21:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

This very attitude of the so called educated folks is what makes my blood boil. How can they be so casual in their attitude when their brats are damaging property that doesn't belong to them?

Talking about being a sadist, the best pay-back would be to get hold of the favourite toy of the kid and smash it to smitherens.

[quote=coolfyre;1299885]

I showed her some scrathes caused by the choclate wrapper.
After seeing the scratches, she says why are so worried about some scratches which can hardly be seen. It will go away if you wipe it with a cloth or something. Anyway its a small kid who was having some nice feeling about touching the car. can't you take it for the kid and forget about these scratches?

quote]
Old 14th May 2009, 00:51   #39
R_R
BHPian

Sorry to hear this. Does misery love company . . .?
A few weeks back, I had parked my Indica outside my apartment gate. Somebody stole two of my wheels, front right and back left They left the car standing on just two wheels! When I saw it, I did'nt know whether to laugh or cry (it was a bit funny to see the car standing on just two wheels). They left no support for the car for the missing wheels either. I had to use my spare on one and buy a second-hand wheel and on old tire and tube. I thought of filing an FIR but finally did not. The tires were less than 10000 kms old and I suspect some taxi fellows did it, but what are you gonna do?
Old 14th May 2009, 07:00   #40
BANNED

bumper, fender, front, tinkering, painting, etc etc. headlight, driving lamp and so on. the bill estimate shows 30grand.
it may actually come to 20 grand ish. on this I shall need to budget atleast 5grand.
apart from this my insurance premium goes straight up by 4 grand
nett cost to me looks like around 10grand plus the irritation, inconvenience and everything else!
for what? just because some bl***y charlie wants to have fun with someone elses car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Hope your ride gets back as good as new Shankar. Hopefully the insurance guys will be all right. And I guess the amount you would have saved by NCB will be far less than the cost of repairs, so grin and bear it I guess.
Old 14th May 2009, 07:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Parking on the road mean no peace of mind for the owner, since i belong to this category i need to be alert all the time.

gd, speaking of the kids, every morning when they have to take the school bus a big lot of them used to come in front of my house and wait, that 10-12mins my heart beat used to fluctuate cause like monkeys they jump around and lean on the car etc so once i went down and gabve a very seriou stair to one of the parents and then on it is better.

but as said by you people have little concern to others property..

Parking putside have got couple of minor dents and some deep scratches wonder how did they come and this was the same case with my old car...

Shankar, am sure the SUV will be good as new once fixed but i guess you need to watch out as you dont want this to be repeated again.

Last edited by lohithrao : 14th May 2009 at 07:54.
Old 14th May 2009, 08:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
....but i guess you need to watch out as you dont want this to be repeated again.
Actually, we will have to live with these issues. Is it not obvious just looking around that we are a people that care two hoots for others' property and 'common' property?
This kind of behaviour takes at least a generation to change and then only if very strict & effective measures are taken! None of that is about to happen in this great democracy .....
Old 14th May 2009, 09:02   #43
BANNED

if only our government would introduce compulsory conscription for 2 years for all youth between 16-18 and/ or 18 and 20 years.
a good dose of education, discipline and national INDIAN Pride would certainly be an antidote for the social ills besetting us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Actually, we will have to live with these issues. Is it not obvious just looking around that we are a people that care two hoots for others' property and 'common' property?
This kind of behaviour takes at least a generation to change and then only if very strict & effective measures are taken! None of that is about to happen in this great democracy .....
Old 14th May 2009, 09:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
If possible, get a CCTV installed pointed towards the parking area
Even a dummy cam will do for that matter. Just need a red LED under the lens
Old 14th May 2009, 09:07   #45
BANNED

plus a robotized automated electric "cattle" prod to poke such ungodly infidels with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Even a dummy cam will do for that matter. Just need a red LED under the lens

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks