Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 02:06   #181
Senior - BHPian

Look guys please refrain from a literal me against you scenario here.

If someone knows the truth, please unfold it here,if you think it will harm Mihir, then dont. Please do not come on the thread and say.....,

1) "I know it but i cant tell you"....... That sucks big time!!

2) "Dont believe the print media".... Not possible. S far they are the only one who have given any version of the story and the other party is not making an attempt to refute it in anyway. In this case, the print media is naturally going to be believed, as is done in almost every other story.

3) "Its not the driver's fault"........... Maybe so and we sincerely wish this is the case but then where is, his point of view? We never heard of any other story. Merely shouting that he was not at fault is not going to make anyone believe you.

4) .....Just because someone commits a mistake, does not mean someone gets the license to commit it. Remember friends, a law is a law, even if it is not being enforced. Nothing will stop an officer to start enforcing the law one fine day. Also ignorance of law is no defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I was talking in a real world sense, there are some scenerios which are just not possible. I have seen quite a few offroading vehicles without any lights as well. Are they towed/trucked to and fro or are abandoned at the offroading place itself?
My friend, "The Offroading Vehicle" you obviously mention was driven in an area where there would ordinarily, be no human traffic or traffic of any other kind, unless one was a billy goat. That terrain, im sure you will agree, is inhospitable to vehicles of any other nature except offroaders. Primarily, what is important is that it was being driven in broad daylight where having or not having headlights dont make the slightest difference, you will sure agree.

No point taking pot shots at anyone here Quickdraw. We all are feeling bad that something like this has happened. Going by the media's version (any other sort not being available and not being revealed) Mihir was at fault. Accidents happen and we do discuss them, not to put anyone doen but to make everyone aware of the truth. This was a incident for both, the guy who lost his life and for out team member. Our heart goes out for both of them.

Yes you are right, there may be many other cars driving around without lights but to try and race one in dim light is pushing the parcel. The unfortunate happened and no one is judging anyone, least of all Mihir.

So, unless someone knows the truth and has the will and the permission (due to legal complications) to put it here, we should all stop rushing at the others throats. Its not helping anyone's case.
Old 25th May 2009, 08:41   #182
Senior - BHPian

Ok, alright,fine! So can some of his aquaintances here share what is the situation now ? Any updates?
Old 25th May 2009, 10:40   #183
Senior - BHPian

Gawd!
I never knew we have so many Ram Jethmalani's here.

No offence to him though, I think he is one of the finest lawyers of the country. and mighty intelligent one too.
Old 25th May 2009, 10:49   #184
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No point taking pot shots at anyone here Quickdraw. We all are feeling bad that something like this has happened. Going by the media's version (any other sort not being available and not being revealed) Mihir was at fault. Accidents happen and we do discuss them, not to put anyone doen but to make everyone aware of the truth. This was a incident for both, the guy who lost his life and for out team member. Our heart goes out for both of them.
Said it like it is, V-16. None of us are "doodh ka dhoola's" out here and have had our share of speeding & other traffic offences. Such major accidents are terribly unfortunate, never premeditated, and we do feel for all three of them (including Mihir). We've had our share of accidents as well. Buttttttttttttttttt what matters is:

1. The dead / injured / families should be compensated for.

2. One learns from their mistakes. No more speeding without headlights at night on a public road. That's just (plain & simple) asking for trouble.

3. The law is allowed to take its own course.

There is a lesson in this incident for Mihir, and for all of us. Drive safe, guys!
Old 26th May 2009, 15:13   #185
BHPian

I shall refrain from commenting on the case, which would make this post OT LOL

But, I've had a nasty experience with the mob mentality in our country too. I was taking a U turn . I checked both directions before crossing, and then eased onto the gas. The next thing i know is that some cyclist rams into the side of my car. Apparently he was crossing the road and did NOT see me taking a u-turn. A maroon Honda City isn't very visible in daylight, apparently. One deep gash on my front bumper and a dented door.
I was piping mad. I got out, parked my car and almost began yelling before the force of the mob took over. An old batty lady almost bent over double said that there was no damage to my car and that the gashes and dents were already on the car. Some sod accused me of being underage, (i'm 20) and 10 others said i was speeding. (??) . The fact was that i was the kid in the car who hit some careless middle aged man on a cycle. I'm history. I ended up paying 200 bucks for his cycle damage. 4 grand for the car's damage!

I'd like to ask everyone here, what are you supposed to do in event of something like this happening? When a lesser vehicle hits you, and the mob rises to the occasion, what do you do? Run? Or stay and face the risk of getting lynched. Running i know is a rather clumsy option, but most of us value our lives!
Old 26th May 2009, 16:43   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
I'd like to ask everyone here, what are you supposed to do in event of something like this happening? When a lesser vehicle hits you, and the mob rises to the occasion, what do you do? Run? Or stay and face the risk of getting lynched. Running i know is a rather clumsy option, but most of us value our lives!
According to the law, in case of injury or death, the larger vehicle is always at fault. In such a case, if you think you're going to be lynched, don't stop, just go to the nearest police station and surrender. If no one is injured, as was the case with your car and the cyclist and if you still feel the mob will harm you, get the hell out of there.
Old 26th May 2009, 16:56   #187
BANNED

6 Days and 13 pages later I see all you guys are fully engaged in

and I can only at that.
Go chill out guys, an accident has happened and that's like one among thousand such cases in the country and you guys are going nuts.

One thing though- Tbhp is an online forum and it has registered members (PERIOD).
It means nothing more and nothing less, so don't go around theorizing for eternity and save yourself some breath.
Old 26th May 2009, 16:59   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post

and I can only at that.
Go chill out guys, an accident has happened and that's like one among thousand such cases in the country and you guys are going nuts.

One thing though- Tbhp is an online forum and it has registered members (PERIOD).
It means nothing more and nothing less, so don't go around theorizing for eternity and save yourself some breath.
If only had you read the entire 13 pages you would have comprehended why the
Old 26th May 2009, 17:01   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
You sound like you think rich people like to run over people for fun. This point has been made again and again in this thread, but let me make it again: It was an accident.
The only point I'm trying to make is that compensation and punishment are two different things. Compensation by itself is pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
With regards to your last para, I completely agree but I'm not going to be hopeful about such a scenario. International car makers themselves test cars in towns sometimes (or if they don't, they at least drive them to the circuit on public roads. I say this with such conviction because press photographers seem to get "spy-shots" of upcoming cars quite regularly, and there's no way these shots are taken inside private testing facilities)
"On-test" vehicles are a different story. The ones being tested on public roads are "complete" cars - they don't run around without bumpers(important for pedestrian safety) and lights.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:12   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
According to the law, in case of injury or death, the larger vehicle is always at fault.
Isnt this archaic and absolutely stupid! most often its the bigger vehicle which is helpless in correcting to avoid an accident situation. Smaller vehicles/pedestrians (with better judgement!) should be able to avoid accidents easily.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:21   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...I'd like to ask everyone here, what are you supposed to do in event of something like this happening? When a lesser vehicle hits you, and the mob rises to the occasion, what do you do? Run? Or stay and face the risk of getting lynched. Running i know is a rather clumsy option, but most of us value our lives!
I see the relevance of your post in this thread, but for more general discussion on this there are a few other existing threads :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-accident.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ld-you-do.html

cya
R

PS - Given this discussion, heres another related thought / thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-feedback.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th May 2009 at 17:25.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:30   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
:Isnt this archaic and absolutely stupid! most often its the bigger vehicle which is helpless in correcting to avoid an accident situation. Smaller vehicles/pedestrians (with better judgement!) should be able to avoid accidents easily.
Yes, it is stupid, but, true. Some people on this forum know very well where I got to know about this from. Thank God I was not involved in the accident, but, it just made me a thousand times more careful while driving the Contessa. Not many cars are bigger on our roads.
Old 28th May 2009, 03:17   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I shall refrain from commenting on the case, which would make this post OT LOL

But, I've had a nasty experience with the mob mentality in our country too. I was taking a U turn . I checked both directions before crossing, and then eased onto the gas. The next thing i know is that some cyclist rams into the side of my car. Apparently he was crossing the road and did NOT see me taking a u-turn. A maroon Honda City isn't very visible in daylight, apparently. One deep gash on my front bumper and a dented door.
I was piping mad. I got out, parked my car and almost began yelling before the force of the mob took over. An old batty lady almost bent over double said that there was no damage to my car and that the gashes and dents were already on the car. Some sod accused me of being underage, (i'm 20) and 10 others said i was speeding. (??) . The fact was that i was the kid in the car who hit some careless middle aged man on a cycle. I'm history. I ended up paying 200 bucks for his cycle damage. 4 grand for the car's damage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
According to the law, in case of injury or death, the larger vehicle is always at fault. In such a case, if you think you're going to be lynched, don't stop, just go to the nearest police station and surrender. If no one is injured, as was the case with your car and the cyclist and if you still feel the mob will harm you, get the hell out of there.
There's another thing you can do and I'll do it the next time I get into something like this (hopefully not). Only if its that guys fault.

The last time I met with the accident, I had to take the guy to a hospital and and pay 5K for a CT scan (and 25K for my bikes damage!).

The next time I'll take the guy away from the scene where the public is, as if to take care of him and beat the crap out of him .

Last edited by straight6 : 28th May 2009 at 03:23.
Old 28th May 2009, 07:56   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post

and I can only at that.
I just wonder how people find it in them to laugh in a thread whose title says "one dead". Some thing is just not right.

So zaks, if and when you get involved in an accident, do you expect people to say "one among the thousand cases" and leave you bleeding on the road? Maybe you'll drown in your own blood.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:35   #195
BANNED

Did the autorickshaw guy survive?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks