Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 23:01   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Surprising you've now decided to stoop to such low levels by insulting members here by mentioning something that is so irrelevant. Few people give a rat's *** about the cars he owns or drives, or his bank balances. Though if it bothers you so much, keep that thought in your mind, perhaps it'll help you justify the punishment the fellow might get.

I'm disgusted at your post and the levels you choose to stoop to. I'm disgusted by the double standards displayed by some members here. Call the waaahmbulance.
Calm down...he was just complaining about how quick we are to judge the stereotypical rich-kid-in-fancy-car, and was making the point that Mihir in fact was not one of those stereotypes.

Other than that, I think resorting to personal (sort of) attacks is a bit uncalled for.

Let's put an end to this discussion until someone who has a first/second hand account of things clears it up for us.
Old 18th May 2009, 23:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Let me be unbiased here - the car looks fairly damaged. Now it couldn't have been doing 20 odd kmph now could it (as most would believe in evening traffic on a Sunday in the Mumbai suburbs)?

I am acquainted with someone who knows Mihir like family, yet I choose to be completely unbiased. The fact is that someone's died. The fact is that a high performance and WELL-BUILT car seems to exhibit fairly high damage. A cyclist coming into the path of a well built Japanese car travelling at law-abiding speeds would not cause heavy frontal damage to the same, and it probably wouldn't lead to his death. How can I be so sure? Well, I was hit by a non-speeding Japanese car in Japan as a seven year old whilst riding a bicycle. The car was virtually undamaged. I cut open my right leg but I survived.

Perhaps the auto caused further damage. You'd have to still be going fairly fast to end up with damage like that. Anyway, god bless the departed soul :(

Last edited by aniguchisan : 18th May 2009 at 23:16.
Old 18th May 2009, 23:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

May Allah take care of the family.

@DocG - Sorry, I understood your post wrongly. Please ignore my previous message.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 18th May 2009 at 23:31.
Old 18th May 2009, 23:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys Guys, everybody, its someone else's mess. Makes no sense in rising the temperatures. Law might take its course or it may not. Good night everyone.
I'm outta here.
Old 18th May 2009, 23:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Anybody can be doing mistakes but the result here is not good.My neighbour passed away yesterday hit by a car on the highway near her house.She was crossing the road and it was her mistake,whatever be the case the result is not good at all.lets pray for the cyclist soal.
ram
Old 18th May 2009, 23:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Surprising you've now decided to stoop to such low levels by insulting members here by mentioning something that is so irrelevant. Few people give a rat's *** about the cars he owns or drives, or his bank balances. Though if it bothers you so much, keep that thought in your mind, perhaps it'll help you justify the punishment the fellow might get.

I'm disgusted at your post and the levels you choose to stoop to. I'm disgusted by the double standards displayed by some members here. Call the waaahmbulance.
I'm glad that you couldn't be bothered about his personal details, really am. However I think that you need to rethink many things in your life for responding so personally to a generic post from me.

I'm sure you'd love to see the rich kid put away, but sadly we have a legal system in place which insists on trying the person and THEN determining if he's guilty. Sorry dude, I feel bad that we don't have the Pranav court of law. But then again no one really cares what you say! I strongly suggest that you don't make things personal here. This is an online forum which endorses freedom of speech, sure. But when higher authorities reserve their judgment until all the facts are laid out, there is no reason for an educated member of society to jump the gun.

Now let's get on with the topic providing constructive criticism and our condolences without making this personal or getting into a blame/flame game!

DocG
[I would just apreciate it if we'd give those in the car the same treatment we'd expect if we were ever in their position...And wait till more information is reported and the situation becomes clear before passing judgment]
Old 18th May 2009, 23:31   #37
BHPian

Hi guys, I dont know who is this guy Mihir.

What is so special about him that we actually have a thread about some stranger.
Is he a social servant or a freedom fighter?

Can anyone give input?
Old 18th May 2009, 23:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post

What is so special about him that we actually have a thread about some stranger.

Can anyone give input?
Freedom fighter, no. Free-flower. Yes.

He's got a nice collection of cars, races well and is a member here...though mainly dormant.
Old 18th May 2009, 23:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well put. To be honest I am very surprised by the reactions of some of the members here.

Quote:

Can anyone give input?
I have the same doubts.

Last edited by anekho : 18th May 2009 at 23:59.
Old 19th May 2009, 00:12   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
May Allah take care of the family.

@DocG - Sorry, I understood your post wrongly. Please ignore my previous message.
Thank you sir, was rather hurt by the previous message, but am glad to see a sense of maturity being brought to this thread.

For many reasons the image of the proverbial "Rich Kid" has been tarnished forever, even though there are many who are quite the contrary.

I know at least 50-100 multimillionaires (Aged 15-30) who display extremely positive contributions to society and the economy. Perhaps it is high time we rethink this stereotype and not believe that a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Our very own ecksreturns and V10 are fine examples! (Again message is not targeted at anyone in particular just trying to bring a positive change in public perception.)

DocG

Last edited by DocG : 19th May 2009 at 00:13.
Old 19th May 2009, 00:15   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
.......Judging by that, the family of the victims will be well paid and the police will close the case. Obviously wrong thing, but prevailant.
There have been incidents noted on this forum where a member doctor
stood up as witness and that went in vain as the rich kids family
compensated life and limb with money and the victim agreed.
Not saying this will happen here, but, this has been the way so far.
And will always be. Do you remember other similar casses?? Especially the one in which a kid with a Toyota Sera knocked someone down?? And that made front page..Didnt it?? Anyone else wondering why Mihir's accident hasnt made front page yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
@spitfire-m glad u watch tv, keep your wisecracks to yourself. u have no idea what happened, no right to play the blame game.

exaggeration is just a part of a journalists job in today's day it seems. so please mods, shut this thread down
I think this thread absolutely deserves to stay open..Unless of course things get out of hand!

Quote:
Killing a cyclist on the spot at sane speeds? I somehow doubt that. Justifying an on-the-spot death of a cyclist probably going at 4-8kph at the hands of a driver in a sports car reportedly going at a high speed is taking a big leap imo. I'll still reserve judgement on whether the cyclist was in the right or wrong since we all know how dangerous the pedestrians are.
It is very possible that the cyclist could have been wrong....But look at the damage on the car!! I higly doubt this kind of damage can be caused at anything less than tripple digit speeds!!

Quote:
Pretty sure that if the culprit in question was not a T-BHP member or atleast a friend of some of the members here, a lot of people would support the poor victim. These double standards are shameful in what is an otherwise relatively unbiased/less-biased community.
OfCourse they would have taken the other fellows side....Just read the Accidents in India Thread or the Manikjeet(hope i spelt it correctly) thread and youll know what i mean!!

Quote:
An apt modification of a saying, "Motoring has always been a race between car companies making faster and and safer cars, and Indian public trying to produce more dangerous drivers. So far, the Indian public is winning."
Très Bien! my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Seriously guys unless you know Mihir personally or what kind of a person he is I think it's better you don't say anything at all!

Mihir has had many years of experience behind the wheel of fast and exotic cars! Owning so many of them himself. He's also had a plethora of experience with racing including the Speed Run and being a proprietor of the Torque Night as well!
Everyone who is even remotely involved with the tuning and "racing" world knows of Mihir Dharkar..Do you really want to start a debate on his driving ethics??
Also, Do you really believe that taking part in the Speed run or being a proprietor of the TorqueNite actualy boosts your driving skills??? An APE could complete a 400 meter straight track without crashing!!

Quote:

I feel that most of you wouldn't react so brashly if it were an M800 with someone in their 40s behind the wheel. Seems to me that some rich kid in an exotic out of reach of many in his 20s has to be at fault simply because he has money.
Quite agre with you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Chances are that if you just saw something in the news like this, you would react the same way.

I haven't claimed anything neither will do without facts. Anything I have posted is based on the TOI article, or in response to another member's post.

Also I don't understand why it matters whether we know the person or not? We are only reacting to what we have read in the news - that's how most of us are informed of events.

A similar incident was posted a while ago, where a car mowed down some people in bangalore. I don't recall seeing anyone jumping to the driver's rescue or claiming to hear all sides of the story - why is this situation different?
Absolutely agree with you. And this particular situation is a little different as a lot of us actually know the fellow and hence a few of those who know him are trying to defend him.. Its normal human behaviour.

Quote:

Come on now..No need for Personal Attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Its an online forum. If you dont want us to believe the National dailies then tell us why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Let me be unbiased here - the car looks fairly damaged. Now it couldn't have been doing 20 odd kmph now could it (as most would believe in evening traffic on a Sunday in the Mumbai suburbs)?

I am acquainted with someone who knows Mihir like family, yet I choose to be completely unbiased. The fact is that someone's died. The fact is that a high performance and WELL-BUILT car seems to exhibit fairly high damage. A cyclist coming into the path of a well built Japanese car travelling at law-abiding speeds would not cause heavy frontal damage to the same, and it probably wouldn't lead to his death. How can I be so sure? Well, I was hit by a non-speeding Japanese car in Japan as a seven year old whilst riding a bicycle. The car was virtually undamaged. I cut open my right leg but I survived.

Perhaps the auto caused further damage. You'd have to still be going fairly fast to end up with damage like that.
Absolutely!! I once remember, my best friend's Brother was run over by a cab which was doing around 60kmph or so and the kid came under the car and the cycle landed on the roof of the cab...But there was minimal damage to the Cab. Luckily, by the grace of God, the kid survived with no more than first degree burns and heavy bruising.

Quote:

Can anyone give input?
A freedom Fighter driving a Nissan Skyline!! I would pay to watch that!!!

PS: I do not mean to insult or hurt anyone!! The Above are my personal views..And they are influenced by no one!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 19th May 2009 at 00:17.
Old 19th May 2009, 01:56   #42
BHPian

I am not trying to be bias here - when there is a rich kid involved in accident with a exotic import the media always keeps the story in the public for couple of weeks. But later on there is no sign whats so ever of the case or further hearing.(i.e.Utsav Bhasin).
I am not trying to say its Mihir's fault or the cyclist. Let just keep our mind abit open till more info is released.
Old 19th May 2009, 09:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

What is the whole point of this thread being open..???
All i can see is personal attacks and bashing out here.
Yes there has been an accident. Its horrible that someone's life has been taken. Nothing can change what has happened.
The newspaper says one thing. The tv say's another. People discuss something else.
The authorities are doing what they have to do.
Old 19th May 2009, 10:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand why people are bringing up the issue of "stereotyping" when nothing of this sort has happened here. I have not come across any post in this thread linking the probability of him doing high speeds with his age or the cars in his garage or his bank balance. So, what is all this crying wolf about?
Are we supposed to hold back on our thoughts on who might have been at fault for the risk of being labelled stereotypists? I dont think so...
Old 19th May 2009, 10:11   #45
Team-BHP Support

Really unfortunate, may his soul rest in peace.

From the look of the car, i think it was a test drive from garage or something. Otherwise damage seems to be same as any other accident, at slower speeds/impact after braking. Assuming the hood damage is from the rick hit.

Anyways no use in speculating. Its a very unfortunate accident, hope justice is done without any undue publicity and influence fiasco spoiling it.

Most Viewed