Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 13:28   #106
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
1) Sorry, but as of now the story cannot be shared, so please people stop requesting the same. It will come out in due course.
If you know the true story and are unwilling to share it, don't blame everyone else for going by the published reports or assuming that there is something to hide. People make judgements based on what information is available to them. If you feel a need to clarify, please do. Till then.........

Quote:
Also none are asking you to blame the cyclist, just don't be so quick to point fingers until the verdict is out, hell even we don't know what the entire situation is like, the judicial process hasn't even started!
I am confused. Now this contradicting post where seemingly you "don't know what the entire situation is like". Do you know the real story or not?

Also, as long as the facts are in place, we don't need to wait for the 10 year court verdict to take a judgement call ourselves. We do think for ourselves, and not always does one agree with court judgements. Isn't that the general approach to cases, even those that are not automobile related?
Old 20th May 2009, 13:41   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
A man has died. And that too a poor man.
I really did not want to get involved in this thread but how does it matter if the man who died was rich or poor?
Old 20th May 2009, 13:49   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I really did not want to get involved in this thread but how does it matter if the man who died was rich or poor?
What Ac was probably implying was that it would be difficult for his family to sustain themselves. Quite possibly he was the only earning member of the family. That would be how it matters. But yes, a death is a death!
Old 20th May 2009, 13:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Precicesly HOW THE HELL DO WE KNOW! The courts have not even taken up the case yet! Police have not declared any new statements pertaining to this case. So you're gonna base your entire accusation on the initial media reports? Now that's just retarded. None of us said that Mihir was innocent or guilty. We're just requesting that everyone else hold their convictive opions to themselves till there is some light shed on the situation.
yup some did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
i know what happened, he wasnt driving on the service road, eyewitnesses can say anything, just because the person who says it is an eyewitness doesnt mean he says the truth. please guys no more speculation on what happened based on media reports.
and yes, i know him, and i am taking his side.
Also, please explain why it is retarded to base our opinions on the media's reports?
Right now those are they only facts present.
Until we know of more facts or "the true story" the media is all we can rely on.
Old 20th May 2009, 14:02   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If you know the true story and are unwilling to share it, don't blame everyone else for going by the published reports or assuming that there is something to hide. People make judgements based on what information is available to them. If you feel a need to clarify, please do. Till then.........

I am confused. Now this contradicting post where seemingly you "don't know what the entire situation is like". Do you know the real story or not?
Unwillingness to share? It is as per requests of the involved parties. So will wait for more reports to officially come in. Also you must agree that by hearing one parties side it doesn't give you the complete picture. I would like to stress my main point once more, none of us have heard any facts put forth by the police on this case, and so you are only going as per initial media reports which are the crappiest kind!

Also having heard one side of the story those defending Mihir are withholding their own judgment till we hear the other side put forth by the cops...It's not that we blindly trust the guy and are insisting he's innocent. We're just giving him the benefit of the doubt!

INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY!

And if you think that you'd like to be treated any differently if you were in his place then go sit in a corner!

With regard to knowing the "Whole story" well yes some of us know a lot more than others or what has been published, however there are only 2 people in this world who know the story in it's entirety, and they're currently recuperating from the assault upon them.

I'm surprised that none of the trigger happy people who like to catapult the law book in your face every chance they get haven't replied to my post on what their opinions are on why none of those who were involved in an assault case amounting to grievous hurt weren't arrested, and why didn't your rich-kid-politico bias cops drag any of them away for having hit an MP's nephew?
Old 20th May 2009, 14:23   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unwillingness to share? It is as per requests of the involved parties.
Sure. But like I said earlier, judgements will be made on whatever information is currently available to them in that case!! It's plain & simply human nature applicable to the masses out there.

Quote:
Also you must agree that by hearing one parties side it doesn't give you the complete picture.
No question of hearing out even one party here, is there? One is knocking on heavens doors, the other is critically injured (presumably in the ICU) and the third is just out on bail.

Quote:
you are only going as per initial media reports which are the crappiest kind!
Accepted. But there surely isn't a dispute on the driver, the car that he was driving, the road that the accident took place on and the fact that a cyclist has died + another rickshaw driver badly injured? Plus, since you supposedly have seen the car as well, does it look like a 20 kph accident to you?

Quote:
It's not that we blindly trust the guy and are insisting he's innocent. We're just giving him the benefit of the doubt!
Good on you. But you really can't force this "benefit of doubt" stance down everybody's throats. Team-BHP is a forum.....by definition, a discussion board. And people will discuss based on what information is currently available to them.

Quote:
And if you think that you'd like to be treated any differently if you were in his place then go sit in a corner!
Why don't you do yourself a favour and watch the tone you use on this forum?

Quote:
With regard to knowing the "Whole story" well yes some of us know a lot more than others or what has been published, however there are only 2 people in this world who know the story in it's entirety
Man, I see a serious amount of confusion here! You have shouted out from the rooftops of how you know the real story. Now you come back and say that there are only two people who do. Neither of them is obviously you! You will understand that there is a significant difference between "knowing more" and "knowing the real story" in its entirety. Now, if people in the know are confused, what's to tell for outsiders Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 20th May 2009, 14:28   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your missing the point. Think of it this way:

Suppose your a close relative to the man who was killed - would you be happy if the guy who ran you over was free to go due to his money power and political associations?

There needs to be justice, if Mihir is innocent he should by all means be free, if he's not he should face the appropriate punishment.

OT: speaking of corruption levels, here in sweden some high positioned ministers were kicked out for not paying their TV bills some years ago! Now that's justice

Last edited by anekho : 20th May 2009 at 14:30. Reason: typo
Old 20th May 2009, 14:31   #113
Senior - BHPian

GTO, excellent post, thanks for driving the points home. It was really getting out of hand if you know what I mean
Old 20th May 2009, 15:27   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hope someone who know the actual story or seen it come out. I feel more damage is done by trying to bail out the driver from the furious members, who has taken the side of the victim with available information. Reading the flow of this thread even make me emotionally attached to the affected party rather than waiting for the actual detail. But that's a personal feel & the damage has done. I pray for the quick recovery of victims family & the injured person irrespective of any party at fault
Old 20th May 2009, 15:30   #115
Senior - BHPian

Actually, looking and reading the number of requests for the "Real Story", I'm beginning to feel, no one knows the 'Real Story', except for the deceased and Mihir and his co-passenger. Or it might not be good for Mihir's case if it comes out. Or something.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 20th May 2009 at 15:32.
Old 20th May 2009, 15:49   #116
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm sorry I stepped in a lil late. He's a very close friend of ours and was in a nissan cefiro. And some people have been on an investigative spree. I would like all of you to know that, age or money doesn't define the way a person drives at all. It's self awareness thats the key. He's a good driver, he messed up this time. Please pray for everyone's well being. And for those who have the curiosity bug..well I'm sure there are agencies that are recruiting investigation officers for other more important crimes in the city...try google.
Old 20th May 2009, 16:00   #117
BHPian

Quote:
... none of us have heard any facts put forth by the police on this case ...
And we all most probably know what the police case would be - Tejas@perioimpl had a first hand experience from eye witness point of view in a similar case (except involving a death).

@GTO: well said.
Old 20th May 2009, 16:02   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
He's a good driver, he messed up this time. + recruiting investigation officers
And more to the list ,
Old 20th May 2009, 16:24   #119
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Nitroxx for actually adding something of value.

GTO has driven the points home well enough, no point repeating them again and again.
All we can do now is wait and watch till more "info" is available
Old 20th May 2009, 17:18   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Precicesly HOW THE HELL DO WE KNOW! The courts have not even taken up the case yet! Police have not declared any new statements pertaining to this case. So you're gonna base your entire accusation on the initial media reports? Now that's just retarded. None of us said that Mihir was innocent or guilty. We're just requesting that everyone else hold their convictive opions to themselves till there is some light shed on the situation.

DocG
We all know, court judgments and how true they are. I don't think its 'retarded' to belive in a report one hears, it would be retarted if there are two contradictary stories and one wants to believe in only A particular report without even reading the other one.

As GTO and some other members have said, a man would not die in a 20 kmph crash.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks