Team-BHP - Bolero rear-ended by bike - ordeal ensues after that
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Bolero rear-ended by bike - ordeal ensues after that (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/59257-bolero-rear-ended-bike-ordeal-ensues-after-2.html)

boleroboy, from your mail i have understood that you have handled it really cool and well. It is common in the event of an accident to start the blame game. You have done the best by staying strong and showing no concern in going the legal way and moreover most of the people just ride away if no serious damage has been done to their vehicle. You have stayed back helped the victim, the harassment you have gone through is the primary reason nobody wants to help accident victims.

I think the biker banged his face on your vehicle hence blood from mouth and scar on forehead. Check out the red circle in the pic, can see a dent..

superb observation Aston Martin, that may very well be the case. But sans a helmet, I would say he deserves it. Though I do wish him an early recovery in the same breath. I am definitely sure thats going to be one pro-helmet dude when he gets back on his feet.

ajmat has clearly put what you need to do, you have to inform the insurance after registering the FIR. Rest will take time and you might want to assign a lawyer at that point of time.

Most important thing is getting the FIR registered with all the details (at this point of time), including details like direction in which vehicle's were travelling etc.

I also checked the dent after reading your first post and i guess A_M has confirmed the theory also. I think we can assume that rider was not wearing helmet!

this is what we call a leech.
firstly it bites you without your permission then next thing you know is that it is sucking up all your time and resources for itself.

I have no sympathies for the biker. The fault was clearly his. Very good initiative shown by you, GBB. It is a pity it was wasted on such people.

Hold on to your ground, and make such people realize their mistake.

Great work G-BoleroBoy! You have done the right thing. :)
I hope everything resolves quickly.
Most of all when the biker regains consciousness, he'll probably confess that it was his mistake.

One thing I learnt on the road is, if anyone gets involved in a minor accident with your vehicle, entirely due to his/her own mistake alone. Just go your way!

because whenever i tried to help the victim in such cases, the blame was always directed towards me. :( Fortunately, my M-800's rear bumper is still going strong.

G-BoleroBoy
Thats a lot you went through! :Frustrati So much for helping people in this country.

Was that guy wearing a helmet?
He could be suffering from a concussion and could be bleeding into or around the brain.
EDIT-- Ok I just read that he wasnt wearing one!!

According to an older post on Tbhp, doesnt the rule in India say that the person who rear ends you is always at fault? No matter what?

very sad to hear the whole situation. I guess you have done your part and tried to help them without having your fault. Hope things resolves fast.

BTW do you have your Bolero back or is it still parked at Station?

Good of you to stick to your stand and bad that those people are trying to take advantage of the situation, even being on the wrong side! Talk about being cheap and being stupid, this is the worst. Seems like the father is more concerned about the money than his sons head!

Helmet not for small roads!!! Wow!!!

The route you mentioned has couple of colleges and also hero's who are rushing to safe the IT world, so these bikes population are heavy on this stretch.

I hope this clears off fast and you get back to your things and not get them wasted with this.

So did you get to do the trip? I reckon your vehicle is back with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 1319651)
Most of all when the biker regains consciousness, he'll probably confess that it was his mistake.

:Shockked:No chance at all. Do you think these people will let go of a chance to get some moolah out? Anyway, I don't think that he will get a chance to speak with all the others (parents, brother, 'well-wishers':D) speaking for him or influencing him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkbharat (Post 1320193)
BTW do you have your Bolero back or is it still parked at Station?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1320216)
So did you get to do the trip? I reckon your vehicle is back with you.

From G-BoleroBoy:
Quote:

Thanks again all - I think I will also play this wait and watch game. let me see where it goes. My lawyer is on standby - And jeep is safely parked at home. Insurance guys are given needed info.
Funny, it should be G-BoleroBoy who should be claiming repair bills, and not the biker dude's folks.
IMHO, G-BoleroBoy, you should have been a little aggressive even as you behaved as a good samaritan. You should also have put your foot down saying: 'Ok, your boy is recovering and I admitted him to the hospital, even though it was his fault. I need my Bolero fixed and fast." That should have made them think on different lines. All that participation, in the good deed, made them think you would be a soft target.

Thanks again guys. Update I have is - I have been called into station today evening for a settlement discussion by cops. I spoke to dealership and estimated repair charges for Bolero is 13000 approximately (based on telephonic description of damages).
While i feel I should penalize these guys (victims family) for what has happened to me, I still feel bad for what they went through. After all it was an accident.
Yes, my bolero is at home - am not driving around in that to avoid any possible additional complexity to situation.. And I did not do my trip - cancelled that and I could not get my grandparents to visit native. Unfortunately, medical checkup was also planned in that trip, something that could not happen. As a fallout my grandpa had a sort of emergency yesterday and I had to rush him to hospital. He is recovering and in hospital still.
This thing is getting to me - I seriously don't know which option I would pick and go which way when I am in front of those guys at the station...!!!!

Take a lawyer along.

13k for the damages is too much. Which garage is this?

Boleroboy, if you need to meet them today, go to a garage and get the estimate from a reputed garage and take the estimate along...

make sure you dont have to pay up, if you have to also then this estimate will get it down.

As "spitfire" suggested take a good lawyer along, and also try to find out what the law say about the distance which needs to be maintained btw the 2 vehicles.

Hope you know what speed you were traveling and whats the permitted speed on that road.