Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 14:35   #46
BHPian

in most civilized parts of the world if you rear end someone its ALWAYS your fault no matter what. you cannot goto court and argue the other guy braked hard, was taking a pee break etc. i just wish things were the same in India *sigh*
good to hear things worked out fine

Last edited by cheap_deal : 28th May 2009 at 14:37.
Old 28th May 2009, 22:09   #47
BHPian

I am a Lawyer and I happened to see ur thread only now.
1. Be it your rear end or front end you have to stop and inform the police about the accident if there are casualties. Offcourse, if there isn't any, then it is up to the parties.
2.If your vehicle is validly insured at the time of accident, your insurance company SHALL pay the injured/affected party provided the driver was having a valid driving license at the time of accident and the vehicle was not being driven in violation of the policy conditions.( In most cases you need not inform the insurance company as the injured/affected party will sue both you and the company and the company will defend tha case, but it is better to appear in the case and produce the relevant documents like driving licence(COPY) before the Court.

Last edited by Ashley Nair : 28th May 2009 at 22:11.
Old 29th May 2009, 00:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
As for the sudden 'enlightment' the biker's family seem to have achieved maybe they consulted a lawyer or a cop, who then must have told them that the case went against them as that biker had no helmet and all the stuff.
In addition to this, I guess the victim might not be having a valid license.
Old 30th May 2009, 23:53   #49
BHPian

Just read through the whole ordeal. Nice to hear that you've managed to sort this mess out. But frankly, I feel that you did a bit too much for them. Dropping the guy at the hospital is fine, but then the help you offered to them after that was not needed IMO. When those people didn't have the common sense to realize that it was the biker's mistake, why should you help them out so much? Such incidents happen very frequently in India, and its the bikers who always get the crowd's sympathy. The mental (and sometimes physical) pains that the car owner has to undergo are not something worth remembering.

I hope bikers start using helmets, and also hope that the public/policemen learn to look at an accident from all sides.

Anyway, hope your Bolero comes back as good as new ASAP.

Most Viewed