Team-BHP - Sinking ROADs in NCR
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Sinking ROADs in NCR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/59510-sinking-roads-ncr.html)

Hi Guys,

This just happened a few minutes back, near signature tower in NCR.

The road sinked in on either sides, takes a truck on one side and takes an i10 on other side.

This is a very common sight in Gurgaon, but this mostly happens during rainy seasons, another road just next to my office sinks in every year during the rain.

Apologies for poor quality of images.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubby (Post 1324936)
Hi Guys,

The road sinked in on either sides, takes a truck on one side and takes an i10 on other side.

The road sank just like that? Really scary!:Shockked:

That's scary ****. Were the driver/passengers okey. How badly was the car and truck damaged.

:Shockked:Looks like they have cut corners while preparing the base. It could also be possible that an underground drain gave away. Feel sorry for the i10. Poor soul has to bear the loss for no fault of his.

thats horrible..imagine if one was going real fast and the road ahead just caved in just like that. Scary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 1324966)
That's scary ****. Were the driver/passengers okey. How badly was the car and truck damaged.

If you look at the car closely, the damage is not much its just a damaged bumper, but I am sure that the damage will be much more ( underbody, shockers ) then it was visible.

That one hell of an accident. And you say this is a regular happening? Gives a whole new meaning to hellhole....

That is literally "The floor under my feet giving away"! That's scary, and going by the quality standards we maintain, it can happen to anyone anywhere in India!

Happened near Charni Road, Mubmbai some time back.

Quote:

Happened near Charni Road, Mumbai some time back.
what was the cause? I suspect underground drainage/water pipes here.

One Technical Question: Who usually bears the responsibility for such an incident and will the insurance cover damages to the car(s)?

Well, they do cover coconuts falling on the car and some such, so....:D

Man! This is scary. I've seen pictures and videos of sinking roads in foreign places but never expected to hear of such case in India.

And another similar incident waiting to happen is just a couple of km away on the Sohna Gurgaon road, which has already begun to sink.

Quite a few instances happened in Noida too!

Scary part is that, the holes formed are deep!

Forget NCR :

Holes of bigger size have been formed at Productivity Road, Vadodara.

They were so large than an entire car would go in it, and not small car, a mid size sedan could go in it entirely.

Image what if this happens when we are driving at night and the road is filled with water. We cant even see these massive holes.

The point is to keep toolkit in cabin near the handbrake such than one can access it fast and keep one window slightly open. Dont worry about the seats getting a bit wet.
Around 2 years ago, 1.5 kms from my place, a M800 fell into such a hole and all the three passengers had died. It seems easy to get out of the car, but it can be quite difficult in reality.