Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2009, 17:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

this is pathetic. Accidents do happen. People on the road have no right to behave like hooligans. The government should create some kind of special law or act in which people who create such riots should be harshly punished.
we cannot change the mentality of these hooligans unless you are speaking their language ,that is the language of the "Cane".
This is what i feel. Examples should be set and people who again think of doing so will think thrice before ever starting something like this.
Most of all the thing that can change something like this is education which most of the people in india Lack(although there are exceptions where educated people behaving retarded).
Imagine the same scene if a speeding car kills 10.
the next thing you see is hooligans stopping each and every car on the road and vandalizing it.

Last edited by vinaydas : 1st June 2009 at 17:51.
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Frightening situation being in the way of an 18 wheeler with no brakes

1. Is it confirmed that the brakes had failed?

2. Was heat the cause of brake failure, or was it poor maintenance?

3. Who was driving? What was the experience level of the driver? Has he been put through an alcohol test?

Absolutely no justification for the mob fury. But I've seen one too many poorly maintained truck being driven by a cleaner boy. Do keep us updated on case developments.

1. no it is not confirmed but this is what seems to be as there were no skid marks.

2. probably the heat because this happens to many heavy vehicles coming down. the usually stop before the decline starts to cool their liners.

3. after hitting 2-3 people and vehicles, the driver jumped off from the truck, the truck after killing and crushing many others banged into a tree as can be seen in the photos. the driver was beaten up so badly that he died. the cleaner was a 13 year old boy. even he was beaten up but not much. but i dont know much about him will try to find out.

the main target of people after the trucks were the corrupt police officals who were spotted taking hafta daily and harrasing people (i can say this as i knew these police men and their everyday stuff) and the politicians especially shiv sena leaders.

few people have been booked for rioting.

Last edited by nawabnabeel : 2nd June 2009 at 00:18.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
the news has come on the 3rd page of today's times of india (mumbai) dont know about other cities' papers. but the info is a little wrong there.
Also I guess I saw it on Page 1 of HT Mumbai Edition.
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Also I guess I saw it on Page 1 of HT Mumbai Edition.
what did that paper mention? was it any different from what i said?
Old 4th June 2009, 11:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
what did that paper mention? was it any different from what i said?
You can check it on the site at HindustanTimes ePaper or else I have attached PICs of the story. You can validate if the paper carries the same story as yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Brake fail causes riots in Khopoli-p1.jpg  

Brake fail causes riots in Khopoli-p2.jpg  

Brake fail causes riots in Khopoli-p3.jpg  

Old 9th June 2009, 00:26   #21
BHPian

well the trailer first hit the activa on which a lady and her 12-13 year old daughter were travelling. they were from bhushan steel. the girl came under the trailer and died on the spot while her mom got unconscious. but later when someone told her about her daughter's death she had an heart attack. after hitting the activa the trailer collided with the rickshaws and the people. as far as i know the driver was hit so badly that he died but the papers say a different story. the papers also didnt mention anything about the police and the politicians being hit

Most Viewed