Team-BHP - Parking woes turn into road rage, businessman assaults cop
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Parking woes turn into road rage, businessman assaults cop (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/59677-parking-woes-turn-into-road-rage-businessman-assaults-cop.html)

BANGALORE: A businessman assaulted a traffic police constable on M G Road on Saturday afternoon. Sathish was trying to park his car for some
time. Unable to find space, he tried to park in a no-parking zone in front of a shopping centre.

A traffic police constable then approached Sathish and asked him to move his car out of the zone. But Sathish was in no mood to move his car. He refused to do so despite the cop's requests.

Soon, the duo started arguing and before the constable could react, Sathish assaulted him. Other police officers in the area rushed to the spot and arrested Sathish, who had disrupted a cop on duty.

A case was registered against the businessman and he was released on bail later.

Parking woes turn into road rage, businessman assaults cop - Bangalore - Cities - The Times of India

Welcome to the new Bangalore is all I can say.... :Frustrati

I can imagine the car drivers frustration :searching for a suitable place to park his for sometime and when he finds it and parks there,cop come and say move it.:Shockked:

But that said, it was not at all ideal of the driver to assualt the cop.He should have given some punishment,but he was released on bail. May be the case continues and there will be some fine for him.

Cop got assaulted for nothing.:Frustrati

@Jithu - The guy was trying to park in a no parking zone.So technically he is at fault.In anycase poor cop got assaulted for doing his job.

I know there are "Pay and Park' facilities that this man could have used. Instead of spending a few bucks and keeping his cool, this guy broke all the rules. In my opinion, he should not have been released on bail. He seems like a repeat offender.

Parking is a very big problem in Bangalore Street. I think that BBMP should be very particular about making a Commercial Complex. Indira nagar 80Ft road you have so many shop/commercial complex but no Parking...

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1329163)
Parking is a very big problem in Bangalore Street. I think that BBMP should be very particular about making a Commercial Complex. Indira nagar 80Ft road you have so many shop/commercial complex but no Parking...

That doesn't make it right to park in a no parking zone and certainly doesn't justify assaulting a cop who's trying to do his job. Think of how demoralizing it is for the cops who already work under stressful conditions with little reward or acknowledgment.

Take an autorickshaw, a volvo bus, a cab even if you please. But most important of all, control that road rage!

The same news is reported diffrerently in Bangalore Mirror. Says the cops thrashed the driver and also carries a picture of him bleeding from his mouth.
Guess the media is the one gaining out of everything ultimately!

If he really did what he did, imagine what tension/pressure he was under when this happened. No right thinking educated person would think of doing something like that unless seriously provoked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin (Post 1329318)
The same news is reported diffrerently in Bangalore Mirror. Says the cops thrashed the driver and also carries a picture of him bleeding from his mouth.
Guess the media is the one gaining out of everything ultimately!

I have my doubts if Bangalore cops, who look the other way when you are in trouble (usually with cabbies or auto wallas ) , would have assaulted the guy.
But then you never know, the cop might have reached his "tipping point"