Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 16:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
When I was in Bangalore, our group of friends had nicknamed Bannerghatta Road as BannergaDDHA road (potholes - Gaddha), does it still live upto its expectations ?
These days there is a speed gun on Bannerghatta road! LOL. Go figure.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:48   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

So with this drain/canal work going on, one can expect that no more water logging on BG road in the stretch between Bilekahalli/Ranka Road .

Must say that I just love it when it is waterlogged and I am in my Gypsy .

PS: Jokes apart, I use this road daily and must say that it is bad -- though it could be worse. So am not complaining.
Old 4th June 2009, 17:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Gottaytu ree...Man I pity the residents of that road man. They are the worst hit of all.

My sparkling superior white car was now in the reddish shade with my white alloys completely covered with mud.
Situation of the ranka colony road has improved now. BBMP had leveled the road using gravel. Now no more slushy muddy road during rainy days.
Old 4th June 2009, 18:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

At 11.30am it was a mess, I cannot imagine what it would have been like at about 10ish.

The cops had no clue how to divert traffic, since I was going towards Jayadeva, I could see each junction blocked on the other side, with cops just cluelessly trying to negotiate with the angry motorists.

The Drain work was only on the side of the road, Suddenly they dig up one entire side. And they start the work on a weekday morning.

BBMP.. seriously what have you guys been sniffing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
So with this drain/canal work going on, one can expect that no more water logging on BG road in the stretch between Bilekahalli/Ranka Road .
We should expect, however has that stretch ever been without any waterlogging? All it needs is a little drizzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Also, guys how long do you think these diversions are going to be there? Is it like a long term nuisance, or is it supposed to be normalized tommorrow?
Dream on! If they complete the work today I will have a new found respect for the BBMP.

They were digging the road right in the middle of the lane going towards Dairy circle. There is no way this is going to be fixed in a couple of days.

Those near Jayadeva just use the Silk board junction to get to the other side of town.
Old 4th June 2009, 19:00   #35
BHPian

I have decided that I will reach home late when traffic is less. Till then...going for a drink. Anyone joining??
Old 4th June 2009, 19:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

At around 8 am this morning, BG road was clogged with water near the Accenture building just after crossing sagar appolo hospital. There was some mess, but I am scared to think what would have happened after 9:00 am
Old 4th June 2009, 19:05   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

It just poured cats and dogs.

This road will be in an even bigger mess. Guys who have to take this route, you please stay back in office, go for dinner with your colleagues, etc.... Either way you will end up reaching only after 11
Old 4th June 2009, 19:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Edit: Sorry jumped the gun. Not BBMP Initiative, but negligence.

And its raining now. Boy would it be fun to be in that stretch now.
Old 4th June 2009, 19:47   #39
BHPian

I left office at around 5:00PM and am very happy that i managed to reach home before it drizzled. Traffic towards Hulimavu from Jal Bhavan was kind of okie but the other side was still in a mess. I am just wondering how things are in this stretch after the rain.
Old 4th June 2009, 20:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

Its not only bannerghatta road, I find a lot of roads either dug up or unattended throughout the city. I have no clue what BBMP is upto ? The search for abhishek and the related news stuff filled the columns all these days. Authorities claim to do a lot of works before monsoon starts, Uff, monsoon is already started. I find new areas dug up as days pass. When will these guys ever learn how to run a department causing less damage to the poor public ?

The inner road around my building was tarred just before the elections. Now I can count atleast 5 places badly dug up and left without covering (either by BWSSB or BESCOM). Rain is taking out the base too !!
Old 4th June 2009, 20:51   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Agree! but the roads are bad. I am concerned about my "White horse". Anyways, i get to spend more time with her listening to music.
Not any more. When was the last time you took this road? 'coz they've been laid well quite some time before the elections. Some potholes on the roads in the small stretch that passes thru the village, rest of it is superb.

Had been avoiding that road like the plague till sometime back 'coz my ride is new as well, however it's my fixed route now.
Old 4th June 2009, 21:17   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
At around 8 am this morning, BG road was clogged with water near the Accenture building just after crossing sagar appolo hospital. There was some mess, but I am scared to think what would have happened after 9:00 am
There was no rain last night. ANy idea from where thiose waters clogged Accenture raod?
Old 5th June 2009, 00:38   #43
BHPian

My cab driver was saying he took almost 1hr to reach BTM from dairy circle due to the messed traffic.

To fuel up the traffic block in coming days, the second phase of Metro rail project started soil testing in many places along BG road.
Old 5th June 2009, 01:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Keeping my fingers crossed to cross the road with less time tomorrow, I know that'll be too much to ask for. One of my colleague came back home after getting frustrated, left his car at home, took an Auto till the mosque and walked from there. It took him 1 hr in the jam, 30 minutes to come back and another 20 min to reach office using an Auto and then walk. Good that he called me and told me not to take that road. Took the Tavarkere road but that was also getting clogged but I was lucky to escape before any big pile up happened. But dunno what to do tomorrow, probably work from home will be a better option.
Old 5th June 2009, 01:44   #45
BHPian

I could see that now both sides of the road is open in front of Sagar Automobiles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks