Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 21:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

For how long? And do you suffer from insomnia?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
My first post?

Anyway - I can keep an eye on Moby from my apartment balcony so anyone harboring any plans of making a second attempt better wear a helmet and come because my entire tool-box is going to be raining down at them one wrench at a time!
Old 30th June 2009, 21:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Did not the bolero have a security system like Autocop etc. Do get that installed also. Get the top variant where they have motion detectors, impact detectors etc. Knowledgeable thieves may be able to able to disengage that also, but it will act as a deterrent. Get it installed by a expert who is able to install it as tamper proof as possible.
Dear Sir, Now since your car came with factory installed central locing all you have to do is get branded HALF KIT of central locing costs around 2800/- or so which has audio alarm as well as keyless entry remote that too two nos. Igot it for my Accent CRDI. about 3 years back it comes with 3 years unconditional guarrantee.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Err.. I believe you are refering to single actuator remote locking with sensor alarms
Old 1st July 2009, 10:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Mine only gives about 500 Kms. 100% AC and I drive a bit fast. When will I also get good mileage
===============
Mine's done about 4100 Kms and I need to get the 1st service done. Since Mahindra is giving 3 years warranty, they must have set the first service at 5k definitely knowing something.
Thanks for replying MileCruncher, am glad to know you're going through your first service before me I'd love to hear about the first service when it happens, perhaps I'll be better prepared for Moby's first service then.

Cheers,
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

On an average, it takes 24 days to equip a vehicle with such systems. Need I say more?

ALSO, PLEASE PM ME. I WILL HELP YOU IN TOTALITY.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
No wonder the MH 15 BX something is as secured as The Transporter BMW.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:43   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Kavesh - Shhhhhhhhhh!
Old 6th July 2009, 01:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
No wonder the MH 15 BX something is as secured as The Transporter BMW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Kavesh - Shhhhhhhhhh!
We need to hear more about MH 15 BX xxxx... or maybe just the security measures?
Old 7th July 2009, 23:14   #53
Senior - BHPian

my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
I have replaced the ignition lock, and changed the door locks.
As regards the autocop, the great Global Gallarie showroom accessories chap Mushir, did such a shoddy job installing the autocop system that the whole unit under the steering wheel dropped with wiring and all on my feet while driving Moby back home the very next day, rendering it useless. So in 24 hrs, I had to get back to the showroom and get the Nippon guys to come themselves and replace the entire wiring and kit. Needless to say, I was pretty agitated and let it be known in no uncertain terms that I was displeased with Mushir's carelessness.
hi sriku,
here is my experience
we (family) have a slx bought 29-10-09 (within 8 days of our accident in our scorpio) at our local showroom owned by Mr. VILASRAW DESHMUKH (ritesh deshmukh's father,lol or was he CM of maharashtra cant recall ), so could not use force or call any one or may be i could have called Delhi.

the owners manual says that a buzzer can be fitted to system so ordered a scorpio buzzer so orderd one ,but after 7-8 months still no buzzer.
the customer care head bhattacharya subrata so when he came to my city he called me to show room ,called some one in front of me & told me that the buzzer installation is not possible.
when i showed the manual he laughed & told me that its just a misprinting.
i will have to install a after market system with no warranty on vehicle.

(the detailed thread here )(& my father is seriously thinking to sell the vehicle due to a 700 rupee part)
some questions for you
  • where did you installed autocop?
  • is showroom ok with install (violation of warranty)?
  • costs for the ignition lock and the door locks change.
thanks in advance
& lets pray for our mahindras.

Last edited by jeepster : 7th July 2009 at 23:16.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

I have read in the past the simplest way to immobilize a vehicle is to remove the distributor cap or something and keep it at home at night. Is something like this possible in the Bolero?
Old 13th July 2009, 12:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
hi sriku,
here is my experience
the owners manual says that a buzzer can be fitted to system so ordered a scorpio buzzer so orderd one ,but after 7-8 months still no buzzer.
the customer care head bhattacharya subrata so when he came to my city he called me to show room ,called some one in front of me & told me that the buzzer installation is not possible.
when i showed the manual he laughed & told me that its just a misprinting.
i will have to install a after market system with no warranty on vehicle.

(the detailed thread here )(& my father is seriously thinking to sell the vehicle due to a 700 rupee part)
[/indent]some questions for you
  • where did you installed autocop?
  • is showroom ok with install (violation of warranty)?
  • costs for the ignition lock and the door locks change.
thanks in advance
& lets pray for our mahindras.
Sir, firstly am agitated that you are having to face similar non-cooperation from Mahindra showroom guys. I had to bully them into cooperating, and they were compliant after I called many senior guys from the Sales to the Factory itself. Answers as below:

Autocop was installed from the Showroom itself, this kit is Mahindra OEM sourced from Nippon, so no voiding of warranty. The part number is 0114AK0030N for the KIT Lock with COMM. The part number for the central locking is A_1457CEO. They cost 1193.79 and 4888.88 respectively. The ignition lock and door locks totally costed 1193.79 and come as a full set.

The showroom guys have no problem with the installation, and do it themselves. I got the Nippon guys to do it for me at the showroom because the showroom guys did a shoddy job the first time around.

Please do not listen to anybody who says the buzzer can't be fitted. It is a plain untruth, you are welcome to drop by my place and I can show you my installation. If you are in Mumbai or Thane at any time, please visit the Global Gallarie showroom on Ghodbunder road, this is where I purchased my SLX and got all the installation done. I will try to source the Nippon guys number for you and PM you, so you can call them to your residence for installation directly. Please do not give up on the Bolero, I have driven from Mumbai-Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore-Mumbai this past week, and it has been superb. Hoping everything works out for you.

Cheers
Old 13th July 2009, 14:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

Extremely lucky to have escaped the tyranny of theft.I didnt know this technology of stealing Boleros.M&M should be notified too.
Old 5th August 2009, 13:06   #57
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra Bolero

Quote:
Vehicle Tracker

Keep a tight leash on your Bolero anywhere in India.Mahindra now helps you to track your vehicle by forwarding your lost vehicle's details to Mahindra dealers across India. They will intimate you in case the vehicle reports to their service station for service or repair. All you have to do is fill the form below and we’ll take it from there. Just one more reassurance that we’re with you, hamesha.
Old 5th August 2009, 14:09   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The vehicle tracker is not the only option Mahindra gives its customers. They also have a service tracker, where when you provide the VIN number of your car, Mahindra will show you the service history of the car and send updates and notifications when the next scheduled service is due. Unfortunately, when I bought and registered my Bolero, when I entered my VIN, the site could not identify it as a Mahindra product. Perhaps their server updates happen once a year.
Old 6th August 2009, 13:04   #59
Senior - BHPian

These practices were and somewhat even today very prevalent in the petrol cars of the yore, when there were no gear locks or remote locking security systems along with the engine immobiliser.

The only security gadget used to be a very crude and longish contraption that used to be fixed on the brake pedal and the steering and locked with any lock available in the market.

It was then that people started removing the ditributor cap while parking for longer durations and take with them.

Now the diesels don't have any such system hence not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I have read in the past the simplest way to immobilize a vehicle is to remove the distributor cap or something and keep it at home at night. Is something like this possible in the Bolero?
Old 6th August 2009, 14:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
The vehicle tracker is not the only option Mahindra gives its customers. They also have a service tracker, where when you provide the VIN number of your car, Mahindra will show you the service history of the car and send updates and notifications when the next scheduled service is due. Unfortunately, when I bought and registered my Bolero, when I entered my VIN, the site could not identify it as a Mahindra product. Perhaps their server updates happen once a year.
Do we have a VIN number of the vehicle?. Never knew that!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks