Team-BHP - Being taught how to overtake!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Being taught how to overtake!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/60682-being-taught-how-overtake.html)

Just coming to the office I met with a minor accident. This happened right in front of DLF cyber city office.. (Microsoft, Sapient, RBS). This guy in Tata Indica Xeta.. trying to overtake from left lane and i was on left side (in my Viva CRDI) of him constantly honking dont enter as you will hit my car, but there are people who dont use their side rear view mirrors and believe that just by giving indication of left turn or right turn all the people beside them or behind them should come at total halt and make way for these King and Queens of this non ettiquettes road warriors.

Result: The cars banged on the either side of the each. and then we had a heated argument. Luckily no physical fight:deadhorse

This person from some XYZ Company is teaching me that he has the right to overtake from left as there is an auto right in front of him and I have no right to be in my left lane and cross him
Had to teach this professional some basic rules of overtaking and how to stick in lane. When he realised his mistake and saw the equal damage on his car and mine, he left from the place but we again met in the parking lot of the office. This guy didnt utter a word and kept walking to the lift.

When will people learn to drive properly? Dont they realise that by just giving mere indication does not become their right to turn left or right, they ought to see the distance the car in either lane is optimum to turn.

Anyhow Bad start of my week with a deep scratch on the rear side of door. Will have to get it repaired during my regular service.

Apparently today i had put my team -bhp sticker and this happened:eek:

Indeed a bad start for the day/ week. Well, this is a major problem with majority of the drivers. I see such rash behavior with call center cabs, but sad to see individuals driving without common sense.

I would suggest the following:

Dig up some online articles on overtaking, take a printout of those and stick them on the wiper of his car with a courtesy note saying this is a gift to him from a fellow road user.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1356739)
Well, this is a major problem with majority of the drivers. I see such rash behavior with call center cabs, but sad to see individuals driving without common sense.

Come south and drive on a few highways here (Bangalore - Mysore (SH), Bangalore - Chennai, Bangalore - Tumkur) and you will be "Forced" to overtake from the left.

Funnily, I was doing Mysore - Bangalore in the night when there was an Accent on the fast lane and going slow (50-60kmph) and when I flashed my lights to overtake him, this Gentleman (was he??) refuses to move and I kept honking and flashing for 30 seconds till when he turns his left indicator ON, not to change lanes and make way for me but to indicate me to overtake from his leftclap:. I got his hint only after waiting for another 30 seconds till he never moved and kept turning left to check if I am overtaking.

So, if the assumption remains that its only the bad cabbies, I have experienced this amongst the educated class as well and on the highways these days, it is very irritating. At times good drivers do bother to move left and allow easy overtaking, but most of them don't and the driver who is overtaking makes the riskiest judgement and takes a chance by overtaking from left.

Bad start for the day and week. I also experienced something like this once and got a scratch on my car.

I have learnt my lesson of modifying my driving, cos I cant teach other drivers driving etiquette. So now whenever a scene like this comes, I apply brakes and give others right of way. It has helped me in overcoming rage on the road as well.

Today morning even I was about to have a hit with such a gentleman who was overtaking from left in a crowded road.

Upon honking still he was leaning right, I started honking constantly (I hate to do it), He was still trying enter into my lane. At the moment i was about to apply brakes and let him go, somehow his good senses waked up and he went back to his lane. I accelerated and moved on. Upon looking at him while moving he was now trying to get into another side lane. :deadhorse

Why not ask him to pay for your dry denting? He's paying for the mess he created on his car, no?

Education is useless for closed minds who can't size up a situation well.

Dude, Who pays if both cars get into same damage? They blindly say.. You and I have beared the same loss so let it be. Had it been a major accident then only people fight over it. Worst thing is calling cops and the other stupid legal formalities.
But one thing through this accident I know. Viva CRDI body is much stronger than Indica XETA

Rishi, may you were at a better angle while brushing with Indica.

I had an instance wherein a accent hited a newly acquired Indica's rear @ 40km/hr speed, damages were like complete crushed bumper of accent and a bit peeled off bumper of Indica.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1356747)
I would suggest the following:

Dig up some online articles on overtaking, take a printout of those and stick them on the wiper of his car with a courtesy note saying this is a gift to him from a fellow road user.

Ha ha... I actually did a very simialr thing once. There was this guy in our office, (I still don't know him) who always parks his Ikon exactly in between two parking slots as if one is supposed to park with the yellow line running through the center of the car. As a result, one parking slot was always wasted in a parkhouse which runs housefull by around 11 am.

I once put a sticky note on his RVM. It just said: "When will you learn how to park?"

To my surprise, I could see a perfect parking from the very next day onwards. I've never seen this guy. (Anyone in t-bhp? If yes, please stand up :)) )

I know a gentleman who rear ended a bunch of cars on a Delhi flyover because he came too fast (60 instead of 40)- the cars were just below the horizon with zero braking distance. He's actually shelling out over 10k for covering their hits over and above insurance.

Takes all types I guess.