Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 13:44   #1
BANNED

Need info on how to find address in HIT & RUN

Hi,

i need your advice on how to get the information of the ownership details in a Hit and Run case.

please let me know the details.

Thanks
Old 29th June 2009, 13:52   #2
BHPian

What is meant by ownership details. Can you kindly eloborate.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:06   #3
Team-BHP Support

For Andhra Pradesh

http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/

* You get owner name and also outstanding challans.

Then you can search the girls(oops the hit and run guy ) name on orkut/ facebook/ whatever
Old 29th June 2009, 14:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would assume that it means you have noted down the registration number of the vehicle that made the 'hit and run' in the first place.

If so, today, all relevant information is computerised and if you have the correct registration number, you can get the owner information from any police station or RTO.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi,

i need your advice on how to get the information of the ownership details in a Hit and Run case.

please let me know the details.

Thanks
Hope this is not possible.All the details will be with respective RTO offices.
If you have any friend in RTO or aleast RTO agent will help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
What is meant by ownership details. Can you kindly eloborate.
He want's to know the details of the owner address, by noting down the no of vehicle which are involved in hit & run cases.so that we can reach to that address & claim to what ever dameges he has done.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:13   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

You can go to the RTO and enquire there. If it's a HIT & RUN, make a police complaint and let the cops do their job.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:25   #7
BANNED

I want details of a scorpio who hit my friends fiesta and didnt bother to pay the damages.

We negotiated for certain amount as compensation and the person agreed to pay the sum next day.but from that day he is not picking the calls .I can reveal the number if this forum allows it.

We dont know the procedure for going to police and don't believe that police will do their duty without bribing.

And this is in chennai

If any of you have some idea pls share.Accident happened in nungambakkam

Thanks

Last edited by joshguy : 29th June 2009 at 14:27. Reason: added more details
Old 29th June 2009, 14:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Talk to any RTO agent. It is 15 mins job for agents.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:29   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
For Andhra Pradesh

http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/

* You get owner name and also outstanding challans.

Then you can search the girls(oops the hit and run guy ) name on orkut/ facebook/ whatever
Sorry i live in chennai ,Anyways thanks for the information
Old 29th June 2009, 14:31   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We negotiated for certain amount as compensation and the person agreed to pay the sum next day.but from that day he is not picking the calls .
If it's a landline number, you can get the address from that from the mtnl or whichever applicable telecom website. If it's a mobile number, then it's difficult unless you have a friend working in the service provider call center.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

try to see from the service centers, if you can, many of the service centers put a sticker of their workshop for vehicles serviced at their place. If you remember any such name of workshop you can enquire from that place about the address. (this is a long short though) approaching RTO is better.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
..We dont know the procedure for going to police and don't believe that police will do their duty without bribing...
Josh - a couple of thoughts to share, while I understand the seething anger

1. I would urge you not to presume that Police will ask for a bribe - and I truly appreciate you not paying a bribe. In my case in Bangalore they did not (even when the amount at stake was 16 lakhs) - and I am not a localite. I suggest you go the the Nungambakkam Police Station where the accident happened and lodge a complaint and get it acknowledged by the police.

2. It seems from your post that the Scorpio guy banged and "admitted" to his fault and hence assured compensation - and he is going back on it. So what is the complaint for? Is it that he is going back on his words? I am not sure how tenable that would be - sorry to be a wet blanket here.

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 29th June 2009 at 15:04.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:04   #13
BANNED

Y a i got the photo of the car and it has India Garage sticker on it.

I thought of this idea but dont know what to say to the service center.Will they give the info or should i say am buying that car and need service records.Toyota does it but mahindra????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
try to see from the service centers, if you can, many of the service centers put a sticker of their workshop for vehicles serviced at their place. If you remember any such name of workshop you can enquire from that place about the address. (this is a long short though) approaching RTO is better.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:12   #14
BANNED

Full story

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Josh - a couple of thoughts to share, while I understand the seething anger

1. I would urge you not to presume that Police will ask for a bribe - and I truly appreciate you not paying a bribe. In my case in Bangalore they did not (even when the amount at stake was 16 lakhs) - and I am not a localite. I suggest you go the the Nungambakkam Police Station where the accident happened and lodge a complaint and get it acknowledged by the police.

2. It seems from your post that the Scorpio guy banged and "admitted" to his fault and hence assured compensation - and he is going back on it. So what is the complaint for? Is it that he is going back on his words? I am not sure how tenable that would be - sorry to be a wet blanket here.

Cheers,
Ya he admitted.

the car was parked in the basement of the building and was hit by the scorpio ,The security called us and we saw the driver taking reverse after banging.Now after some discussions we decided to goto chennai ford and get the estimate for the damage.

By the time we reached the Driver called one of his bro in law(he called him so) and he came with 3 people along with him.After this the driver (actually the person who drove the car) left the scene and the negotiation was with that person.First he told us he will not pay penny and also said "Do what ever you want"(may be he had some political connections).

After some arguments we decided to go with our insurance and he agreed to pay cost which is not covered by insurance (some 2500).

This is what happened.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:32   #15
BHPian

Put a FIR of HIT and Run against the driver as he actually left the scene.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks