Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 12:49   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed here but the cross-winds on the sea-link are a major concern. Particularly in the straight middle patch. Lets face it, most do not abide by the speed limits here- If you do stay in the limit, you are safe. But the road does tempt me quite a bit and things can get scary if you go full monty.
Cruising along in the Altis I didn't realize I hit 120 until I felt the car sway a bit, if you try and break speeds rapidly the wind pushes harder. Push speeds any further and things can get ugly if you don't have precise control.
That is the exact reason by bikes are not allowed on the sea - link.

cheers,
ac
Old 31st July 2009, 14:12   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Haha, NICE! As quickdraw posted, how about a daytime run on either route (your daily run,right?). Will be interesting to gauge the difference in time travelled + fuel efficiency.
The on board computer makes it very simple for readers. Sahil, would love to see a comparison in the evening because thats when roads are jammed!
Old 31st July 2009, 16:10   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Haha, NICE! As quickdraw posted, how about a daytime run on either route (your daily run,right?). Will be interesting to gauge the difference in time travelled + fuel efficiency.
Nope, its not my daily run, office is in BKC.

I most often do not head south ward during the day, but I'll do a reset on my next trip. But even at night, going from Bandra to Worli is best via the sea-link as the road is not as straight forward as the worli to bandra route.

Surprisingly the 2nd image is the non sea-link route from worli to bandra, wherein my avg speed was higher ! It took me only 2 mins extra even though the road was 2kms longer.

Last edited by Sahil : 31st July 2009 at 16:17.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:43   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

I am very impressed with the Sealink.
At 4PM, last Wednesday, I was at Worli Naka. My jijaji had to go to the airport, and I had to go to Cuffe Parade. Given that we both left at the same time, he actually reached the Airport before I reached Cuffe Parade! In fact, it took them half an hour to reach the Domestic Airport.
Before the Sealink came up, it would take me a good 1 hour to go from Worli to the Airport.
Old 29th August 2009, 15:22   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmist View Post
This city is heading fast towards a complete breakdown of infrastructure. People (i.e. the city's so-called leaders, politicians etc) need to wake up fast, and get into action.
If you think Mumbai is heading to breakdown of infrastructure. heres something to cheer you up.

Welcome to bangaluru:

1 They make a one way flyover, then rethink it to 2 way, then have a crossing on top of the flyover. (richmond rd residency rd lalbaugh rd)
2 They take 5+ yrs to make a clover leaf (indranagar airport rd)
3. they make a clover leaf but one still has lights under it - Hebbal
4. they make a flyover to go from the city OMR to ORR but not the other way
5. So with the exploding traffic they decide to make a metro. good thought. but this has to be experinced. the metro constuction has made choked roads more... chocked (for want of a better word)

IN Mumbai traffic moves. In bangy traffic crawls.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:49   #126
Senior - BHPian

I was impressed by the sea link and was closely seeing the news about the opening of this road I saw the fireworks on the net the previous day it had to be opened.Am traveling this Diwali to Mumbai to drive this sea link.Last time I came to Mumbai to drive the Pune Mumbai expressway about 4yrs back I suppose.
Old 20th October 2009, 19:59   #127
Senior - BHPian

I drove this sea link on 17th the drive was excellent.Quality of constuction very good.I drove Hyderabad PVN express way yesterday, still I feel Mumbai sea link has a better drive rating.
Old 9th November 2009, 10:21   #128
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A pretty beneficial tie-up for shoppers traveling south. When I was driving out of the Phoenix mills parking lot yesterday, the attendant asks "Did you use the bandra worli sealink? If so, your parking is free". Consider that parking for 3+ hours at phoenix costs 50 bucks. Effectively, if you do spend a lot of time at phoenix (which most visitors do), you've used the bandra-worli sealink for free!
Old 30th November 2009, 18:37   #129
BHPian

Just see motorists going at 80-100kmph on the sea link. As it is people drive like mad in Mumbai. There are no speed restrictions. I travel to Mumbai every second day. Takes me 4.5 hours to Valsad. Contented.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:42   #130
Team-BHP Support

the sealink is mumbais latest drag strip. go late and night and see imports doing over 200kmph.
Old 11th December 2009, 09:57   #131
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Cops with speedguns are all over the Bandra worli sealink now, after the fatal Fabia accident. What's more....they've taken over an entire ramp (on the west side) to pull cars over. I saw about 10 cars caught in one batch by the cops last evening. Speed limit = 50 kph.

Old 4th March 2010, 01:22   #132
BHPian

Does the To & Fro Toll of Rs.75 on the Bandra Worli Sealink, have a 1-day validity on it or there is no such validity restrictions?
Old 4th March 2010, 16:59   #133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Safin : The return toll is valid until midnight only.
Old 4th March 2010, 17:12   #134
Senior - BHPian

The second carriageway will be opening to traffic on Gudi Padwa, thats 16th March, atleast thats what I read in the newspapers this morning
Old 24th March 2010, 18:42   #135
BHPian

Good News for all Mumbaikars

The Bandra Worli Sea-Link just got to have all its 8 lanes operational, I wish when I can cruise on it. Will have to plan a quick visit sometime early.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks