Team-BHP - A weird incident I encountered today.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   A weird incident I encountered today. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/61058-weird-incident-i-encountered-today.html)

This incident happened while I was on my way to Malleshwaram.

It all started when the KRSTC bus came too close to the ACE. The ACE driver happened to give his piece of mind to the bus driver, this irked the driver and the passengers of the bus.

Both the vehicles were stationary and a few passengers from the bus got down and started to yell at the ACE driver, the intensity increased and then the passengers started manhandling the ACE driver.

Imagine four-five people literally belting one guy, trying to drag the driver out of his vehicle. A few of the passengers happened to break the OVRMs of the ACE and also the Wiper blades. ACE was brand new and was on its way to the showroom. The ACE driver was so helpless and scared. In the meantime the trafiic on the service road and the main road came to stand still as the ACE was on the service road and the bus was on the main road.

And then a turning point.

A man on a 2 wheeler stopped at this site and he enquired about the incident and this guy started yelling at the bus driver and his assistant/conductor saying that buses are driven so rashly and so many of you manhandling one guy is not justified. And the crowd suddenly turned against the passengers, driver, conductor of the bus.

By this time there was a huge crowd at the site and people asked the bus driver and the ACE driver to move on and stop at another place and sort out things. A few 2 wheelers, the bus and the ACE moved on.

They stopped 3 kms away near the RNS showroom and now the ACE driver comes back to life again. He is trying to drag the bus driver from his seat. Within minutes this place is jam packed. I could see few security guards from RNS Yatri nivas(guessing) rushing to the site. Then comes the cop asking both the parties to park their respective vehicles on the side. He takes down the number of the vehicles and then starts talkin on his walkie and also asking the vehicles to move on.

I had to leave the place. Not sure what would have happened after this.

It's really strange, at one point of time the crowd was against the ACE driver and then every one seemed to support him.

You should have posted it in jokes thread. Can't stop laughing.

Don't really know what to say.I guess people just need some excuse to vent out their frustration (whatever it may be due to) and, the target does not really seem to matter. Sure is scary!
It's so easy to sway the aam janatas.. no wonder our netas have a field day yellection time :D

That's really weird. I mean passengers of the bus manhandling the Ace driver!!

Masses are asses.
Apart from the damage to the ACE, this is actually hilarious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy.S (Post 1367246)
Masses are asses.
Apart from the damage to the ACE, this is actually hilarious.

People are cattle, plain and simple. Most of them are mindless sheep and can be easily swayed. Like pranava999 said, this is pretty much why we tend to vote for the scum of the earth to lead us.

Mob mentality at its best. "I don;t know what happened but we have to beat up someone - let's draw lots!!"
I hope noone was injured though

Here is a small snippet that sums up this incident and many others very well - The "Law of the Garbage Truck" by David J. Pollay:

I learned it in the back of a New York City taxi cab. Here's what happened. I hopped in a taxi, and we took off for Grand Central Station. We were driving in the right lane when all of a sudden, and I mean without warning, a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded and missed the other car's back end by just inches.

Here's what happened next. The driver of the other car, the guy who almost caused a big accident, whipped his head around and he started yelling bad words at us. How do I know? Ask any New Yorker, some words in New York come with a special face.

Now, here's what blew me away. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was friendly. So, I said, "Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!" And this is when my taxi driver told me what I now call, "The Law of the Garbage Truck."

Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it. And if you let them, they'll dump it on you.

When someone wants to dump on you, don't take it personally. You just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. You'll be happy you did. I guarantee it.

So this was it: The "Law of the Garbage Truck." I started thinking, how often do I let Garbage Trucks run right over me? And how often do I take their garbage and spread it to other people: at work, at home, on the streets? It was that day I said, "I'm not going to do it anymore."

I began to see garbage trucks. Like in the movie "The Sixth Sense," the little boy said, "I see Dead People." Well now "I see Garbage Trucks." I see the load they're carrying. I see them coming to drop it off. And like my Taxi Driver, I don't make it a personal thing; I just smile, wave, wish them well, and I move on.

How true. Very well said clap:
Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1367363)
Here is a small snippet that sums up this incident and many others very well - The "Law of the Garbage Truck" by David J. Pollay:

I learned it in the back of a New York City taxi cab. Here's what happened. I hopped in a taxi, and we took off for Grand Central Station. We were driving in the right lane when all of a sudden, and I mean without warning, a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded and missed the other car's back end by just inches.

Here's what happened next. The driver of the other car, the guy who almost caused a big accident, whipped his head around and he started yelling bad words at us. How do I know? Ask any New Yorker, some words in New York come with a special face.

Now, here's what blew me away. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was friendly. So, I said, "Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!" And this is when my taxi driver told me what I now call, "The Law of the Garbage Truck."

Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it. And if you let them, they'll dump it on you.

When someone wants to dump on you, don't take it personally. You just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. You'll be happy you did. I guarantee it.

So this was it: The "Law of the Garbage Truck." I started thinking, how often do I let Garbage Trucks run right over me? And how often do I take their garbage and spread it to other people: at work, at home, on the streets? It was that day I said, "I'm not going to do it anymore."

I began to see garbage trucks. Like in the movie "The Sixth Sense," the little boy said, "I see Dead People." Well now "I see Garbage Trucks." I see the load they're carrying. I see them coming to drop it off. And like my Taxi Driver, I don't make it a personal thing; I just smile, wave, wish them well, and I move on.

Nowadays this is very common in Bangalore roads. Similar thing happened in Residency road opposite to Bangalore club 2 weeks back. Immediately traffic police came there and first thing they did was, asked all the crowd to go away.

Muralisk very nice. Common sense coming from unconventional places.

I used to scream at people at every chance I got, still do but rarely, but now I calm down take a few seconds before I start my vehicle and move to remind myself that I'm not a (for lack of vocabulary) "garbage truck" or a "garbage dump". It helps to a certain extent.

People tend to support the person making the most noise. If it is a girl, the other party is done for.

Lovely story about the garbage trucks, will help me to keep away from road rage if I keep this story in mind.

Used to wonder about the crowd that gathers around any small accident (might be a scratch or a dent) in bangalore. Do we have so many jobless guys over here? Hats off to the good Samaritans, but they will be hand few in all cases where as the place will be swarmed with onlookers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1367363)
"I see Dead People." Well now "I see Garbage Trucks."

lol: Thats awesome. Seriously super stuff.

In NCR, there is a concept started by one NGO, which places sticker on peoples car (who volunteer of course) and asks them to treat other codrivers as brothers "Raah main saathi bhai bhai" IIRC.

Muralisk, very good thought, I am going to share it with my friends and going to implement it on myself.

I am not garbage truck and will not spill stuffs on me, will wave everyone hi.

I have been trying to control my anger against such nuisance drivers, but I think if I follow the thoughts of garbage truck then I can control myself far better.

I can feel the change :)