Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2005, 20:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

I outran the Fiat -Adventure doing a 150ks

okhay ..

this is my first post in this section ...i have had many high speed experiences ,i dont put them up because inspite of all the precaution it is highly risky and can prove fatal ,hence i dont think i should inspire such things in anyway ... but today i think my the car touched the kinda speed i oculd have never expected her to...

At about 4.30 PM i was returning from Noida i took the toll bridge on my way back to delhi ..i stopped at the toll paid and took off ... i was hitting 80k's in 3rd and i had just shifted up to 4rth in my Alto LX , when i saw an Orange adventure pull up in the lane next to mine he looks at me and passes me in a rush and then again fell back to my speed ...so i push the pedal a bit and i pass him ..so he fell back next to me and started dipping me i moved to the next lane for him (third lane) again he pulls up next to me but this time he wouldnt pass me ..( i am thinking think he's a dumb a$$ messing with 3 pot suzuki )...but then *** u kno ..

so i loook at him and the road ahead ( traffic ,which was kinda light ) stealthly switch off my A/c and engage the clutch downshift to third (get the revs high) ....and i give him a thumbs up ...

and it was on .... shifting to 3rd at around 80 -90 ...the car almost flew at full throttle .. he was amazed ,i think he was searching for gears ...i shifted up to 4th the moment the needle crossed 120 -123 to avoid hitting the limiter ... i saw him trying to catch up a few times but got left behind each time he tried to cut lanes losing a lot of momentum...

anyways ... i found a nice straight line for myself .... i ended up hitting a bit more than 150 ks in 4th with a say 1500 revs to spare i think (that is what was really surprising )... i would have gone more perhaps maybe 155 ? but bridge had ended i slowed down to 120 (switched on the A/c) then slower into the merging traffic searching for the Adventure then pull to the side and halt just to see the look on the guys face when he'd pass buy ...

he passed buy me asif nothing had ever happend .. am sure he saw me parked on the side of the road ...

do you guys think that was the actual speed ?? what kind of a speedo error are we looking at here ?

i am (rather my mom is ) runnin Tubeless radials (whatever size that is) ...it was an 800CC with a 5speed shifter (done 6000ks ) ,absolutely no modds except Lumars ..
Old 17th June 2005, 22:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good show and even better sense to go for maximum only when the road is clear!

At the end of the day its the better driver that stays ahead, bhps on paper notwithstanding. I'm sure the smirk on his face turned into an

Of course, you shouldnt be trying this with the likes of a Porsche as someone on a Scorpio tried recently...
Old 17th June 2005, 23:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

ooh, 155 kph on a 3 cyl, 800 cc engine. this is one big reason that i love japanese cars.

155 on 4th? cant imagine how powerful a baleno would be...
Old 17th June 2005, 23:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

the NOida toll road can be quite tricky sometimes.i have also done 120 in a 99 indica.
BTW the 12 valve ,45bhp alto lx has a top speed of about 140kph.
expect a speedo error of 15%.
so the 155 u r talking about should be about 130 kph,if its a 15%error.
Old 17th June 2005, 23:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey turbo_lover great to hear about your experience man.
keep reving and drive safe !!

Rev
Old 18th June 2005, 00:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
BTW the 12 valve ,45bhp alto lx has a top speed of about 140kph.
expect a speedo error of 15%.
so the 155 u r talking about should be about 130 kph,if its a 15%error.
how can u say 15% ?

how does one calculate such an error?

if i am runninf stock wheel size ..what else can cause a speedo error?

can it be fixed?

thanks revtech and steeroid , i was lucky to spot a straight line between cutting diagnally thru the curve of the bridge ...or else i couldnt have gone flat out ...

typically i dont mess with bigger cars in the alto ..he was asking for it ,,hah!!!

nitrous - i was in 4th ,car dies in 5th has no pull...

Last edited by turbo_lover : 18th June 2005 at 00:20.
Old 30th June 2005, 10:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
okhay ..

this is my first post in this section ...i have had many high speed experiences ,i dont put them up because inspite of all the precaution it is highly risky and can prove fatal ,hence i dont think i should inspire such things in anyway ...
Hats off to you. What you have said is true. In one of the post in our forum, I had seen a Swift demo car speedometer was captured at 160 kms/hr. whenever I see an empty stretch road; my mind was pulling me to test it away. But I keep away from that as Iam not an expert on the wheels as the guy who tested it at that speed.

Our experience posted here should educate members about possible risks in speeding by just reading it and not by experiencing it
Old 30th June 2005, 11:33   #8
Team-BHP Support

Nice run dude, but Noida Toll bridge is dangerous. There are cops hiding below the flyover in a Tata Sumo fixed with a radar gun. I have smoked the getz from 140 to the 80kmph limit. I just made it as my speed was 81 and the cop was in a good mood. I have heard they challan at 81 also.
Old 30th June 2005, 11:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I have heard they challan at 81 also.
Yes very true, It happened to me once when I was driving my 800, asked for 200 bucks but then settled for Rs 100.

Take care while driving on Toll bridge.
Old 30th June 2005, 11:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do you guys think that was the actual speed ?? what kind of a speedo error are we looking at here ?
Can't be sure unless we calculate it.

Shan2nu
Old 30th June 2005, 11:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Can't be sure unless we calculate it.

Shan2nu
hahahaha ... please no more calculations shan2nu ..let me have this one to glorify ...

my alto didnt have a tacho ..but i guess as speedsatya said alto tops at 140
15 kmph speedo ..

agreed ..DND is not a good place to push ..Expressway is the place to go man .. i'll go crazy if i hit that place with my frends ...
Old 30th June 2005, 12:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hahahaha ... please no more calculations shan2nu ..let me have this one to glorify ...
Well, then check with OD figures. They use GPS devices.

Shan2nu
Old 30th June 2005, 12:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Surprised that 800cc Alto hit 155 in 4th gear. Must be big speedo error. And if it was 130kmph real speed, as Satya said, it should have been no big deal for Adventure. Looks like that guy didn't care much ;-)
Old 30th June 2005, 13:08   #14
VIV

Listen dude,

You must have drivign etiquette.How on earth can you ask for a drag with an Adventure?You must be nuts.He let u speed off bcos he wanted you to get the kicks,that is all.If you were in a bigger car then the Adventure would start talking.

So....the next time,be a good kid and race with the 800s+santros+altos....autos/OK
Old 30th June 2005, 13:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIV
Listen dude,

You must have drivign etiquette.How on earth can you ask for a drag with an Adventure?You must be nuts.He let u speed off bcos he wanted you to get the kicks,that is all.If you were in a bigger car then the Adventure would start talking.

So....the next time,be a good kid and race with the 800s+santros+altos....autos/OK

I wish people wouldnt be so patronising - its not as though the car he had a go at is some kind of hot rod.

Live and let live.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks