Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 17:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This was what it used to be. Sigh! Watchmen and colleagues drooling over it at lunch time.
Wow. When did you take this Pic..

I promise you.. It will be better than this once I am done with it.

Goddy
Old 14th July 2009, 18:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Eh!!! <- that is you Dadu when come there lol..

I am getting one more.. But this one stays

Goddy
Oops !! did i overdo it (again) ,

I understand some emotional things cannot be letgo
Old 14th July 2009, 18:06   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to know about this incident.Thank god everyone is safe in the vehicle.

I drove the truck once at good speeds and immediately noticed that it's brakes are not very effective. It does take a long time to stop. Was it one of the reason?
Old 14th July 2009, 18:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow. When did you take this Pic..

I promise you.. It will be better than this once I am done with it.

Goddy
What?! Are you kidding me, that was the only DiCOR in the parking lot back then in '07, ofcourse with a t-bhp sticker on it.
Your and my shifts were out of sync so never could meet up.
Then your lot/group moved to the States and I missed a ride in the truck.
But not this time! Get it back to its glory dude!
Old 14th July 2009, 18:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Oops !! did i overdo it (again) ,

I understand some emotional things cannot be letgo

Just kidding man..
it will be used only for city driving from now on. no more highway trips for her. and with a weight of roughly 2 T it wil still pretty safe for city driving.

Goddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I drove the truck once at good speeds and immediately noticed that it's brakes are not very effective. It does take a long time to stop. Was it one of the reason?
Well.. that is one of the nagging problems of the Dicor. Brakes are not big enough to stop this. and Wet roads tend to be against your favour for hard braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I missed a ride in the truck.
But not this time! Get it back to its glory dude!
PM me your number now. You will be surprised about what i need to tell you.

Goddy

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th July 2009 at 18:15.
Old 14th July 2009, 18:55   #51
adc
Senior - BHPian

Its been for sometime I was out of loop and there's a whole lot of catching to do on Tbhp - and this is the first link that I check out!

Its great to hear all are safe and things have turned out the best as it could have been in such a situation.

And as for the Dicor, that is one of the 3 "cult-status" Dicors that I remember now immediately when I became a member out here and always have admired the minimalist accessories yet it still has that intended looks. You never could come up to sell it while you are away and it seems so natural now that you will go through the whole process of restoring it for the emotional value that it has. Kudos to you, that Dicor sure has to be kept - as said it is one of those Dicors that is much more than a SUV!
Old 14th July 2009, 19:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
And as for the Dicor, that is one of the 3 "cult-status" Dicors that I remember now immediately when I became a member out here and always have admired the minimalist accessories yet it still has that intended looks. You never could come up to sell it while you are away and it seems so natural now that you will go through the whole process of restoring it for the emotional value that it has. Kudos to you, that Dicor sure has to be kept - as said it is one of those Dicors that is much more than a SUV!
Thanks adc. you just made my day.

Goddy
Old 14th July 2009, 19:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But this car saved everyone.. i cant just let it rot somewhere..
Goddy.
Your thoughts match exactly with my dad . Our Scorpio met with an accident 2 years back (toppled) and everyone said this car has badluck, know what dad told them it saved his whole family and he wont let the car go.
Kept standing in ASC in hot sun and supervised work himself and got our Scorpio back to shape. Here is a pic of the damaged car:

Dicor Totalled!!! but coming back-image061.jpg

Quote:
Just kidding man..
it will be used only for city driving from now on. no more highway trips for her. and with a weight of roughly 2 T it wil still pretty safe for city driving.
Same here, use our Scorpio for city only and it never disappoints. Work done was shoddy in door alignment and paint job but the car has never broken on road.
Dont worry, dont think the car will give you problem ever instead of some rattles etc.

Sense defies such decisions but sometimes heart prevails over sense. Some people like you and dad are emotionally attached to cars and we cant remove this habit.
Old 14th July 2009, 19:27   #54
BANNED

Godfather, me and my car just emerged better than before from a very similar situation.
your decision to keep it is something I can completely empathize with.
I sincerely hope the restoration goes perfectly but even if it comes out unfit to run hard or do anything significant, get El Trucko restored and hold on to it.
it's way better than condemning it to a heap of scrap metal.
respect!
Old 14th July 2009, 22:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Your thoughts match exactly with my dad .

Sense defies such decisions but sometimes heart prevails over sense. Some people like you and dad are emotionally attached to cars and we cant remove this habit.
How True. The Scorpio looks pretty bad.. But good to know its back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
, get El Trucko restored and hold on to it.
it's way better than condemning it to a heap of scrap metal.
respect!
Thats exactly my plan.. get it back to what it was or even better.. Got a few plans for it. Lets see how it turns out

Goddy
Old 7th August 2009, 01:16   #56
BHPian

Hey Goddy when's the next update coming on the return of the Safari. Look forward to checking out how the car finally turned out.
Old 7th August 2009, 07:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

coolboy, a bit OT - I wonder if mahindra drew inspiration from coolboy's scorpio while designing the xylo
Old 7th August 2009, 09:00   #58
BHPian

With all due respect to your sentiments coolboy , did you ensure that the body /chassis was not damaged in this accident? Sometimes the structure may have faced a lot of stress which may not become apparent after the accident but nevertheless it is no longer safe. It wont take any more punishment and even a small accident would prevent to safeguard the occupants. I am a person who has cried real tears while letting go off our first car so I would understand your and your dads sentiments exactly but safety is paramount.
Old 21st August 2009, 08:58   #59
BHPian

It is heartening to note that everyone in the car is unharmed. Your driver needs to be patted for it, his quick decision made much difference,emergency braking on wet roads locks the wheels which results the car moving in straight line only even if the driver tries to steer(watch any ABS video on net to understand,ABS helps by not allowing the wheels to lock).Additionally when the chassis is replaced plz. check that all the joints and welds are properly covered with sealant or else rusting will start.
Also its better to opt for ABS car when the cars weight is quite bulky.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

GodFather, sorry to hear that accident but then by the grace all are well in family which is good to hear.Would be awaiting to see your beast back in good shape or what u said better then before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks