Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 17:59   #1
BHPian

Getting Re-united with my first love : DRIVE

The speedometer read 90 but it felt more like 110 as I hurtled along the narrow road.
It was barely 20 feet wide at its best, was bumpy even though it had recently been re-laid. Throw in sharp 3 foot drops at both sides and no barriers to prevent me from going there. I was being rash. The steering wheel was jittery and the car bounced along uneasily on the smallest of the bumps making control difficult.
I was not in any hurry, the weather was pleasant – relatively speaking. I didn’t need to drive fast. But I did, I wanted to.
The car was one I had previously been acquainted with. I learnt how to drive on her, she accompanied me to my first days in college, till we had to unceremoniously part ways and I had to swap her for another…which had been already reduced to smithereens by the time it got to me.
It was like reuniting with an old love, I was meeting an ex flame and the romance was rekindled.
I drove her hard and fast like I did when we were together. She responded to my touch and egged herself forward a fast as she could. She floundered sometimes with the low response. It didn’t matter; I understood, she had not been looked after well. Infact not looked after at all.
She was telling me her tale crying out loud and yet moving forward as I pushed her along, the stereo had conked out some month ago so it was left to me to hum her songs. The breeze at such high speeds translated into a strong side wind and I was fighting to get maximum grip out of the balding tires and keep control of the car. There was little room for error, I was driving alone without the burden of responsibility. I was free.
Sanity or rather insanity and chaos soon came back, the journey ended, I was already where I wanted to be…
Next morning I would leave, going back to the new sweethearts that I acquired since she left.
But I know she is not going anywhere I shall return in some days and then I can drive her again.. The love affair shall continue

I had written and posted this to my blog some ages back. Was re-reading it today, figured I might share it with the team. All of us have had their first loves

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks