Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 13:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Damn that was bad & scary too.

@bblost - I think we may soon need separate lanes for 2 wheelers for everyone's safety.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:13   #17
BHPian

Bikers go crazy on the highways. When I drive on the highways I make sure that I slow down my car and honk at them when ever I see a biker going crazy, I do not mind whether honking irritates them but at least I will be on the safer side.

My thumb rule is that to slow down the car considerably when ever you see crazy bikers on the highway. Last Saturday when I was travelling to my home town, I was doing 80 KMPH and there was a biker on CT100 and even he was doing more than 80 KMPH and trying to over take me towards my left, I slowed down my car, gave him way.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:00   #18
BHPian

Let the better sense prevail over non sense, we dont lose anything by slowing down our vehicle and let the stupid bike rider overtake at insane speeds. Better safe than sorry, one of my friend always take a longer U turn instead of going in the wrong side even if it takes a KM more.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Let the better sense prevail over non sense, we dont lose anything by slowing down our vehicle and let the stupid bike rider overtake at insane speeds. Better safe than sorry, one of my friend always take a longer U turn instead of going in the wrong side even if it takes a KM more.
Yes rightly said. Better sense should prevail over non-sense. The crazy bikers intimidate us most of the times, but please do not loose temper, if the biker wants to go at a high speed then let him, who is bothered, I want my safety and my fellow passengers safety when I am driving.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Yes rightly said. Better sense should prevail over non-sense. The crazy bikers intimidate us most of the times, but please do not loose temper, if the biker wants to go at a high speed then let him, who is bothered, I want my safety and my fellow passengers safety when I am driving.
I used to drive like crazy during my M800 days. I think it is due to the inferiority complex of driving a small vehicle while a bigger one over takes you. I used to boast to my wife during our trips on the BLR - Mysore road as to how a M800 cant be over taken by bigger vehicles when I drive. Now I do realise how stupid I have been. Try to drive safe than fast.
Best regards,
Bala
Old 27th July 2009, 17:25   #21
BHPian

+1 to that balan, i used to ride / drive very fast (not exactly rash ) before my marriage and until i met with an accident (should have been fatal if not for the seat belt), things changed, better sense prevailed and after that i made it a point not to ride / drive fast and drive sensibly.
Old 27th July 2009, 18:52   #22
BHPian

I too met a crazy biker on a yellow Apache RTR with his gf sitting behind on Krishnagiri - Bangalore stretch 2-3 weeks back. That guy was crossing lanes at 100+ speeds (I was doing 90 at that time) and almost, I really mean almost died twice in front of my car nearly hitting a truck, and then the divider. He would have either hit the truck and died, else would have come below my car after hitting the divider. I don't believe how god saved him that day, and then after almost 20-25 mins, I saw him driving alone near Hosur at moderate speed, and his gf had left him by that time .

Last edited by asethi : 27th July 2009 at 18:54.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:41   #23
BHPian

Yesterday i saw a guy in Mahindra City who was going in a pulsar in front of me, suddenly shifted and stood up on the seat, while going around 60 kmph, i slowly moved to the left and stopped, did not have the courage to go behind him and admire his skills, he just continued till the road ended. I do not know why people want to do this on roads, instead of the track, really crazy.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:54   #24
BHPian

I was on my way to mysore from nanjangud.
After I crossed nanjangud, at a distance of about 500 meters or so, I could barely see some bikes. May be 2 or 3 of them. They were riding at decent speed I think about 50 -60. I was doing about 70. After sometime, I crossed them and was just on my way.
Then all of a sudden, I could hear the bikes roaring and I just turn to my right, I see 2 bikes next to my car with the front wheel in the air racing against each other. For a moment, I don't know what was happening there. I just slowed down a bit to let them go.
After going another 100 meters are so, those bikers turned around and were trying to do the same on the opposite lane where the traffic was coming against them. Don't know what happened to them. I just left from there.
Old 11th June 2010, 22:38   #25
BHPian

The section where the road which leads in to the highway from Kengeri is the scariest. Vehicles are literally coming in from all directions and you simply can't be careful enough. It was crazy when I had to drop my friend at Kengeri at 10 in the night and standing right in the middle of the road with my indicator blinking, but no vehicles seeming to slow down and yield!!

One guy from my college died on the same Mysore road. Heard from my classmate, who was doing pillion with him that they reached Kengeri to Kumbalgodu in 2 minutes!! Don't remember exactly as to where they met with the accident, but the pillion rider is one of the luckiest person in the world to get away with a broken leg.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks