Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 09:48   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi: Kavariyas or 'Protected' Hooligans!

Whether it is religious, political, or social there seems to be a "Mad Max" gene in people to act out in the worst possible way when a group is assembled.. maybe it is the lack of fear since they will all be identified as a group/mob and not individually, maybe it is all their repressed vicarious desires coming out into the open all at once or maybe it is simply to make a statement about mankind, itself.

I've tried to look at it many ways, and I still cannot come to defend such actions. The end logic is always that roads are made for point A - point B travel and there is no extenuating circumstance which can apply for "Mad Max" hooliganism, vandalism, arson, noise pollution, extortion etc for any given hours/days/months, it shouldn't even exist for seconds.

As others have said before, there surely are better ways to travel, express oneself and make a point.. and those ways include minimal disturbance to mankind, nature and "currently accepted" ways of urban living.

Or we can conclude as I have, that humankind is nowhere close to the enlightened species that they keep selling themselves to be.
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 11:36   #212
BANNED

I do not know how were they allowed to refuel without Helmets. Also, cops massaging feet. I think Yogiji (or his sycophants) have gone too far.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 11:49   #213
Senior - BHPian

Just to add, this year I am observing a different trend w.r.t Kavar.

A lot of people from groups that were earlier bystanders or critics of such festivals, have now jumped ship and have performed/are performing the Yatra themselves. These include middle-class people from the residential complex I stay in, people from my cycling groups (who did this Yatra on cycles), people from my ex-gym, colleagues from office... you get the drift?

These people are inherently not hooligans, but things seem to be changing pretty quickly...
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 18:57   #214
BHPian

Folks in Delhi-NCR can take a breather, Yatra 2019 is over.

Yesterday there was total chaos on Gurugram expressway, police and traffic administration were on its toes. There were intermittent traffic jams entire day in the city, thankfully they were behaving nicely and something to their credit, only left most lane was being used for parking/dancing/running.

There was a procession in Cyber City too in the evening yesterday, looks like people enjoyed it, though it led to traffic chaos later. I will present Kanwar's side of story too, but this is for some other day.

Sharing some pictures taken by my co-passenger yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi: Kavariyas or 'Protected' Hooligans!-one.jpg  

Delhi: Kavariyas or 'Protected' Hooligans!-four.jpg  

Delhi: Kavariyas or 'Protected' Hooligans!-three.jpg  

Delhi: Kavariyas or 'Protected' Hooligans!-two.jpg  

Motor_Nut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 22:21   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor_Nut View Post
Folks in Delhi-NCR can take a breather, Yatra 2019 is over.
Are you 200% sure ? Because I have been avoiding NH8 like plague from the past week. And my cars suspension hates me for using the Dwarka Expressway.
Old 30th July 2019, 22:44   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Are you 200% sure ? Because I have been avoiding NH8 like plague from the past week. And my cars suspension hates me for using the Dwarka Expressway.
Yes, today is the "Sawan Sivaratri". Most, if not all, would have returned by today. Roads are ours till the next season
DaptChatterjee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 22:45   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, today was the day (Sawan/Kanwar Shivratri) when holy water from the Ganges was to be poured on the Shivlinga. That means all the Kanwars have reached their destination to complete the ritual. So its clean out there .

In coming days, traffic police will put back the cement barriers to original positions on the service roads and the expressway, that will further streamline the traffic flow.
Motor_Nut is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 23:59   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Can confirm it is over as I reached home few minutes back. I am traveling from Dwarka to Noida daily but on off hours. Was taking the first exit for Dwarka since Kavar started otherwise take U turn from Rajokri flyover towards Dwarka. There were hardly any guys to spot. Saw some Eeco with India flag with Kavariyas sleeping inside with limbs out of the window.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks