Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 15:59   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez View Post
This incident happened last evening near NIMHANS which generally has a traffic logging problem in the evening. yesterday was no different and like always a 2 wheeler rider decided to make the footpath his own and ride on it.What happened next was something that i am seeing for the first time. One pedestrian who was walking on the footpath decided to no longer take this nonsense and turned around pulled the keys off the bike and threw it straight into traffic and proceeded to give the biker a blasting of a lifetime. The biker had no other option but to apologise profusely and pick up his keys and get off the footpath. Lesson learnt hopefully. Since there was a road full of fellow riders and drivers there waiting at the signal i hope some of the others also learnt their lessons as well.
Awesome. I wish more people were like this. But the problem is that most of the pedestrians don't use the foot path either. They walk on the roads inspite of the footpaths being present (ofcourse most of the time these are encroached by the hawkers ).
I think the biggest problem is that we indians lack self regulation. At every junction, we need cops to tell us to stop and give way to others. The moment, there is no cop at the junction, we cause traffic jams by putting our vehicles in whatever gap we can find. How hard is it to give way to others and then pass when they have gone?
Old 30th September 2015, 16:29   #47
BHPian

Re: Footpath Riders - Lost my cool and kept it!

Near Hoodi signal in Bangalore there is two-way traffic on the footpath towards the signal from the KPTCL receiving station

Firstly, the bikers proceeding towards ITPL who want to get to the start of the signal. They have right of way!! Next come the 2-wheelers which are trying to get to the break in the median to get to the other side and then drive on the wrong side again. Finally, if there is some space, pedestrians get to move in a zig-zag fashion with vehicles darting in both directions honking at them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks