Team-BHP - Bangalore to Calicut
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Bangalore to Calicut (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/6235-bangalore-calicut.html)

some photos taken during my drive from bangalore to calicut, kerala.

This one is a view from 'HairPin' curves near Wayanad

And this one is while coming back - via telicherry-virajpetta route:

nice.... how are the roads now after the onset of the monsoon?

maybe doing a drive to Mahe in 2 weeks time. hence the questions :-)

btw, what car were you driving?

What is your model of travel and how many kms you traveled.

Vow, that second picture makes to to feel dive into my system and swim on the water. Excellent capture. I have never visited Kerala and heard a lot about it. I was once to Munar, but the food style does not suit me at all.

Which is the best place to visit in Kerala ( hill station sort with rivers, lots of trees etc)

my mode of transport was my good ol' maruti 800.
roads are pretty bad, my trip was a few months back, that time they were doing some work on Bangalore - Wayanad route - if its complete, maybe roads would be in better shape now.

its raining heavily in kerala now, typically tourists wouldnt like rainy season to go to any place. but if you ask me, kerala monsoons have its own charm - i have always liked watching the pouring rain, sitting at my balcony, sipping a steaming cup of tea :-)

you can visit the usual kumarakom route, or you can come to northern parts - check out 'Kadavu' resort (near calicut) on the web.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS300
its raining heavily in kerala now, typically tourists wouldnt like rainy season to go to any place. but if you ask me, kerala monsoons have its own charm

You betcha - thats the BEST time to visit!!!

Quote:

- i have always liked watching the pouring rain, sitting at my balcony, sipping a steaming cup of tea :-)

Beer is better when you're in such a melancholy or sentimental mood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
I was once to Munar, but the food style does not suit me at all.

No point in being a tourist is all you want to do is live like you were back home - experiment (without compromising your core values like vegetarianism, of course) and learn!

Quote:

its raining heavily in kerala now, typically tourists wouldnt like rainy season to go to any place. but if you ask me, kerala monsoons have its own charm - i have always liked watching the pouring rain, sitting at my balcony, sipping a steaming cup of tea :-)

Yeah.It's raining heavily in Kerala now.Driving in the rain can be dangerous but if one slows down,the trip can be really nice.Unless the ride happens to be an open top!!But the roads soon start to deteriorate with the onset of monsoons,spoiling all the fun.Oh well!I guess we can't have it all...

Dear All,

After one year of no travel, we are planning to drive down to Calicut and then to Guruvayur on next extended weekend. There seems to be 2 routes from Bangalore - 1. via Bandipur - Gudalur - Neelambur (NH212).
2. through Wynad - Sultan Bathry - Kalpetta (State Highway).

Travelling with our 4 month old baby...Any info on road conditions? Which one is advisable to take now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1558 (Post 1131106)
Dear All,

After one year of no travel, we are planning to drive down to Calicut and then to Guruvayur on next extended weekend. There seems to be 2 routes from Bangalore - 1. via Bandipur - Gudalur - Neelambur (NH212).
2. through Wynad - Sultan Bathry - Kalpetta (State Highway).

Travelling with our 4 month old baby...Any info on road conditions? Which one is advisable to take now?

Route 2 is always better and faster.

Abhi