Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 14:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
pramod,

I have a friend (similar to Jeni) and had a similar experience when we went to Galibore. We ended up taking the wrong route to the camp (as she left the map back home) that had terrain akin to the surface of the moon where even a Land Rover would struggle with our little Maruti 800. Finally, the car was stranded and we had to walk for 13 kilometres and 3 hours through thick jungle, open brushland and then reached the Galibore camp.

The camp people were aghast when they saw us emerge from the jungle route where only their 4x4 jeeps go and said that we were very lucky as that place is full of wild elephants and that we could have been attacked at any time. They said, our car was a gonner as we'd parked it just at the edge of a ridge and elephants usually roam the area and push the vehicles over the ridge.

We returned the next day on one of their 4x4 jeeps and thankfully found our car intact. With a little help from the jeep we were out of there.

Cheers,
gpa

Thats indeed a scarry one, but look at this place, very near to the city, lot of army men arround and still so helpless.

I learned the hard way, these places are suitable for couples who need 5-6 hours of undisturbed togatherness. I was running out of options and day light. There was hoplessness, i never felt anything might go wrong here. Both had life jackets, this lake looked not very deep, but still things went wrong. Luckily we managed to get out of that place.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:23   #17
BHPian

One hell of a horrifying experience and it's quite sad that such place do not have life guards. I am sure that this must be true with most places in India.

Ideally, these folks should have stopped the tourists when the under currents are strong and that's quite a general practice all over the world.

Anyways, glad that you and your friend are safe after the 2+ hour ordeal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks