Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 17:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Girl View Post
I think they are a bunch of boors. If there is a problem which is as small as changing the location the parents could have behaved in a slightly civilised manner. Bringing the city to a hault doesn't make sense at all.
Sir,
I assume you don't pass from that place regularly. There have been silent protests everyday but no1 seemd to notice it. The problem here is to make a common man's voice heard one has to take such drastic steps. I have personally seen the school from inside and in no ways is the school in a bad and unsafe state as the management is claiming it to be in.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:03   #32
BHPian

I found the whole thing completely ridiculous. First the parents complain that their children's academics are at stake. If they were indeed so worried about it, why would they prolong the whole situation by getting into a court battle? We all know how long-drawn these court battles can be.

Also, getting children on to the streets is also stupid. Co-operate with the management so the school can re-open. I saw the earlier silent protests as well. But I don't think the matter is really worth protesting.

As for the theory that the management wants to create an IB school with high-paying students- yes, it's true. But the management is NOT terminating the SSC students all of a sudden. Rather, stopping admissions to future batches, and ensuring that the curent students pass out after Std 10.

Also, let's not forget that this is an election year in Maharashtra, and people are looking to rake up as many issues as possible. Thursday's TOI reported on page 3 that some BJP MLAs were booked. Now we know why the decision went in favour of the parents, in less than 24 hours.

Taking to the streets, especially without police permission, AND with kids, is NOT a feasible solution for anything. The effects of the traffic jam were seen even on my road, and I know how difficult it was for some people who had genuine reasons to go out.

Can't help but note the trouble we're going through these days- first Hillary Clinton comes to SoBo and everything just STOPS. And less than two weeks later, this.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:08   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Now that the school has started, I want to conduct a morcha protesting against their morcha, right outside New Era, stop them from reaching their own school in the morning and thus, give them a taste of their own medicine.

But these "educated" parents won't like that now, would they?
Old 31st July 2009, 16:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Now that the school has started, I want to conduct a morcha protesting against their morcha, right outside New Era, stop them from reaching their own school in the morning and thus, give them a taste of their own medicine.

But these "educated" parents won't like that now, would they?
'An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'----that's the only way to teach those callous nincompoops.
Old 1st August 2009, 00:48   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I personally found this whole ordeal very infuriating.
About the whole issue, the new owners want to rebuild the school as it is old and structurally unsafe, and have moved the SSC students to Fort (20 min away) and the IB students to Tardeo (15min away). The SSC students are upset at being moved so far away while the building renovates and are hence protesting even though they have been provided buses for transport to and fro.
Anyways, what upset me the most is:
- People who had a serious condition weren't allowed to go the Hospital. Someone I know had a heart attack and it took him over an hour to reach the Hospital!
- Me and my sister had to cancel our respective doctors appointments. It was important that my sister went but given her condition and the traffic, it was impossible to send her!

This is a real poor example, and with such incidents taking place, it would not be surprising to have a more violent, self absorbed young generation leading us. Very very poor example!

@GTO: Since one of the reasons was that the building was structurally unsafe, what would happen if (god forbid), a part of the building collapsed? Would there be another Morcha?

Last edited by lamborghini : 1st August 2009 at 00:49.
Old 2nd August 2009, 15:29   #36
BHPian

I reached one hour late for a meeting in my own office, with a meeting room of 20 people glaring at me...and boss, of course, gave me a piece of his mind later...and all i did was take the sea link so that I would reach 30 minutes before the meeting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks