Team-BHP - My friend's car got totaled after being rear-ended
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   My friend's car got totaled after being rear-ended (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/62570-my-friends-car-got-totaled-after-being-rear-ended.html)

Hey Guys,

just got off the phone with a friend of mine from BLR whose car (A Black Esteem) got totaled from behind on the way to the airport. The Car's rear is totally smashed courtsey another car which could not stop in time.

Am leaving for BLR by tomorrow night's flite and should be there by midnite and I'll probably get a better understanding of what has happened and the condition of the car.

From what I have heard the chasis has already locked itself, that is the rear wheels are unmovable and the rear is beyond recognition.

Am just happy that my friend is unhurt.

Wonder what the costs are gonna be like.

Anyways hope to catch up with some of you BLR T-Bhpians while am there.

Till when are you here?

Thank god your friend is ok. If you need anything feel free to PM me.

Your friend sure is lucky! Not always does someone walk away from an accident where they've been hit from behind. Whiplash is the biggest culprit.

OT: Shouldn't the title read ' My friend's car got totaled after being rear ended' ?

Sorry to hear about the accident and glad that your friend is unhurt. The new airport road is good, but people drive like maniacs as if there is no tomorrow. People change lanes almost every 10 secs.

Thank God your friend is safe. The way you have explained, looks like sedan has turned into a hatch :confused:.
Maruthi service centres are at every corner. Shouldnt be a problem for you to get the car to garage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1405989)
OT: Shouldn't the title read ' My friend's car got totaled after being rear ended' ?

This is not OT. Even I got same message after reading title. Yes title of this thread need to be changed.

It is nice that your friend came out unhurt (Your thread title says otherwise). What was other vehicle?

Glad to know he is doing fine. What car rammed into his?

OT :D
someone needs to edit the thread title.

Edit ! see !

Which car did hit your friends car ? This road also has some speed limit. So max you van drive a 80 or may be 100.

Good to know that your pal is ok----I got a completely different impression when I read the title of the thread!!

on new airport road, after 6:30 PM (once it is dark) everyone drives very fast.
till there is light, police have couple of speed monitors, hence everyone is within speed limit of 80.

lot many idiots do tailgating at high speeds. hence such things happen.

anyway, by gods grace, your friend is unhurt. convey our good wishes for his second life.

loss to the car can always be recovered from insurance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1405917)
Till when are you here?

Thank god your friend is ok. If you need anything feel free to PM me.

Thanks Sir, I might just take you up on that offer. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1405989)
Your friend sure is lucky! Not always does someone walk away from an accident where they've been hit from behind. Whiplash is the biggest culprit.

True, I was amazed that they walked away without a single scratch. but apparently the crash was bad coz there's nothing left of the rear. Apparently the driver's seat was a bit loose so when the car got hit the seat fell behind saving the driver. Thank the lord for the seat.

I agree the title needs to be changed.
MODS: Please Edit the Title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 1406025)
This is not OT. Even I got same message after reading title. Yes title of this thread need to be changed.

It is nice that your friend came out unhurt (Your thread title says otherwise). What was other vehicle?

No idea about the other vehicle, haven't got complete details yet. I'll be checking it out at the police station tomorrow. Apparently the other driver fled on foot disbanding his vehicle, so the vehicle has been impounded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1406034)
Which car did hit your friends car ? This road also has some speed limit. So max you van drive a 80 or may be 100.

Apparently the other car was somewhere around 100+, the way the crash seems. No idea about the car, will come to know about it tomorrow when I reach there.

Thanks guys, will pass on your bests to my friend.

Other driver feld on foot !!?! Crazy stuff...that too on airport road with so much traffic ! Glad your friend's ok.

hey dude how the run in with the cops going ? and whats the status of the car ?

krazydriver84,

I'm sorry to hear about your freind's car. I passed on this thread just now. He was really lucky to have walked away. I drive very frequently on this road and notice atleast 2 badly damaged vehicles along the stretch.

I sometimes have had to swerve into the far left of the 80 km/hr lane as some moron approaches from behind with his lights flashing and horn blaring doing an excess of 100 km/hr.

How old was the car and what's the insurance company saying? Do keep us updated.

Cheers,
gpa

The other day I was driving back home from the airport after a long day at Hyderabad. I was in a hurry to get back home and was pushing the speed limits. It was amazing to several drivers driving through red lights at speeds clearly in excess of 100kmph. Seemed like they have wearied of living. I always move to the slow lane before the lights...for if they turn Amber - I stop...but the maniac (?) behind me may not.
Drive safe guys!
Cheers,