Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 20:36   #1
BHPian

Car Damaged in office Parking

After team-bhpian's share of damages to their cars at Mall parking (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...l-parking.html ) and hotel parking (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ide-hotel.html) presenting Part III , car hit in a office basement parking.

I parked my car yesterday at 2:00 PM in the basement parking of my office and as I am ready to leave at 10:30 , I notice that car is being badly hit on the left side fender. The bumper is disloged, the fender is dented and headlight alignment is gone for a toss. Pcitures attached to give a better insight on the damage.

The car is already with Suraksha Adugodi, as i have got a positive feedback from the fellow members here. Total damages are in range of 9K and car is promised by Sunday.

I met Mr Ramamurthy and gave him reference of Team-Bhp and he has assured me of a good job.

Waiting for the car to come back and then i will post the feedback about Suraksha's work, though i am hopefull, that they will do a good job. Fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Damaged in office Parking-img_0654.jpg  

Car Damaged in office Parking-img_0655.jpg  

Car Damaged in office Parking-img_0656.jpg  

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 30th July 2009 at 20:38.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:45   #2
BHPian

Damn Very sad man! Any idea how this happened?
Old 30th July 2009, 21:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

No wonder even with security guards around in my office
its mentioned every where,Parking at owners risk.
but this is not a minor shunt,that can happen at low speeds.

Pankaj does the basement parking of your office have any Cabs running around?
Old 30th July 2009, 21:48   #4
BHPian

This looks bad. What is sad is that even at office place people do not come forward and owe up.
At times such incidents can also be blamed at cramped parking lots in some of the offices.
A similar thing had happened with my boss's car a few years back, when we had cramped parking for "small cars". It was so cramped that even a small mistake was enough to cause something of this sort (what happened to your car). After that I stopped parking my car in the designated "small car" parking. Moved over to "big car" parking. And also we made big noise about it. Eventually, the building services guys relented and took some action (long story, but it worked).
In case your issue is something similar (cramped parking), you might want to bring it up at the appropriate levels.
Old 30th July 2009, 22:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Damn Very sad man! Any idea how this happened?
No ideas bro. the guard says he didn't notice anything till 8:00 PM and then his duty was off. there is another guard at the entrance and exit points and he says he has no idea either

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
No wonder even with security guards around in my office
its mentioned every where,Parking at owners risk.
but this is not a minor shunt,that can happen at low speeds.

Pankaj does the basement parking of your office have any Cabs running around?
Yes Akshay, we do have cabs running around in the parking lot and i suspect one of the sumo or tavera might have hit the car on speed.the parking slot alloted to me is very near to to the exit slope and i suspect a cabbie trying to climb up the slope in speed did the damage.

I am frustated big time with guards. a month back or so, they asked the facilities management to remove the car from the basement, even when the car has a parking sticker.they didn't even bothered to check with reception. when asked for the reason "sir this is only car with a DL number and all other cars are with southren number plates, so they thought the car doesn't belong to our office."
Old 30th July 2009, 22:11   #6
BHPian

Too bad. You were very unlucky on this. The security guards certainly won't notice such things. Even if they do , they might not report it.

I too had one today in my office parking. When I came back to my car at 5:30 pm, I saw my right OVRM facing the other way round. So surely some vehicle had hit it slightly. I also noticed that the frame is now broken, though the glass is intact.
Old 30th July 2009, 22:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Man, it really hurts to see it like this. Parking at owners risk. Yes. No way out. May be should hire a container and park the car always inside that

Something similar happened in my office parking lot too. It was a cab guys who hit one of the employees car. But I am not sure how it was settled. What I was trying to say is, there are guys driving at stupid speeds inside those parking area too.
Old 31st July 2009, 00:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't be surprised if the damage was caused by some cabbie,who decided to give the guard a few 'notes' so that he'd keep quite and not spill the beans.
Tough luck,buddy. Hope everything gets fixed soon.
Old 31st July 2009, 00:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

@pankaj, My commiserations. Seems like a pretty bad dash, much like my encounter @ the hotel you referred to.

Wishing you good luck in getting the car back ship-shape and w/o blemish.

@mjothi, yes, people drive fast even inside the basement and w/o thinking of right of way inside the enclosed space. An private indica had driven over a speedbreaker and into my left front fender/front door in my office basement when I was going straight on the main passage after turning into the basement. Even the speedbreaker didn't give the guy any good sense.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 31st July 2009 at 00:12.
Old 31st July 2009, 00:08   #10
BANNED

this is really sad :( whats over is over dont take anymore chances. park some other place ok hope things get back to normal soon for you
Old 31st July 2009, 00:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

try to get a hold of the security tapes if any in your parking so you can get the culprit.
Old 31st July 2009, 01:01   #12
BHPian

I am frustrated big time with guards. a month back or so, they asked the facilities management to remove the car from the basement, even when the car has a parking sticker.they didn't even bothered to check with reception. when asked for the reason "sir this is only car with a DL number and all other cars are with southern number plates, so they thought the car doesn't belong to our office."[/quote]

dude only thing i can say is you have a lot of patience if i was in your place
i would have slapped him or at least abused the hell out of them....
just because its a dl car means it doesn't deserve to be parked there.
Old 31st July 2009, 01:02   #13
BHPian

Seems to be a Bad Hit, I guess Collision happened when the other car was trying to reverse
Check if there are any cars in our Parking area damaged or Scratched at the rear or Right Side
As Vinaydas stated Catch the Security Guy to find the culprit

Pankaj post he pics of the car once it is back in shape from Suraksha
Old 31st July 2009, 10:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

I would say, sent a mail to your facility manager. Let them talk with the security people. Eventhough they can wash their hand, they will certainly be vigilant next time. If the security is not able to even notice such big bang / sounds, how can he protect the car if some one breaks in?
Highlight this to those people and watch their response.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ohh... looks bad !!

It certainly feel bad when you got to see such condition of your while moving back to home after a hectic day.

9K estimate is for paint job or what ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks