Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 05:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

Yeah it wont. But atleast it will help us identify and stay away from that car in case you find it on the road . That HELPS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
So what? You want Mods to ban him for a month now? Like posting the image will change the world?

I mean, chill.
why restrict it to TBHP stickered cars then? why not start a campaign of posting cars' pics jumping signals and so on?
Old 16th August 2009, 07:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

If one were to think of an imaginary ten commandments for drivers on the road, would every one of the people that have posted on this thread be in 100% compliance 100% of the time, policed or unpoliced?
The answer to that question is a pointer to where the problem lies. And its solution.
Old 16th August 2009, 07:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

I feel that being a premier automotive community, it is our duty to instill the sense of road discipline into the populace. The small step in that direction can be to start with the members themselves. We should vow to follow rules at all times.

Also on propogating the message, we can take cues from the telecom companies which run road safety campaigns. Why not do the same. Each city chapter can get together, organise with the traffic cops ( they would be more than happy to get some help) and start with the campaign. I for one am totally disgusted with the trafic sense prevailing in Hyderabad.

Cheers

Last edited by MileCruncher : 16th August 2009 at 07:10.
Old 16th August 2009, 07:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I feel that being a premier automotive community, it is our duty to instill the sense of road discipline into the populace. The small step in that direction can be starting with members. I have seen telecom companies running road safety campaigns. Why not do the same. Each city chapter can get together, organise with the traffic cops ( they would be more than happy to get some help) and start with the campaign. I for one am totally disgusted with the trafic sense prevailing in Hyderabad.

Cheers
Completely agree!

Just as posted in some other post.
These days NO one just NO one, seems to have patience, especially when it comes to traffic. Why is everyone in a hurry???

The least, we TBHPians could do is to follow traffic rules and do all that we could, to increase awareness.
Old 16th August 2009, 07:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel that being a premier automotive community, it is our duty to instill the sense of road discipline into the populace. The small step in that direction can be to start with the members themselves. We should vow to follow rules at all times.

I for one am totally disgusted with the trafic sense prevailing in Hyderabad.

Cheers
and more! My recent posts on the road safety thread I started here explains this in depth. I applaud your sentiments and would ask you to never underestimate the power of one.
Hyderabad? Which Indian city is immune? We love to moan and groan about uneducated drivers, but in every Indian city you will see educated Indians acting like louts on the road. Correction - they act like louts everywhere, from airport checking in queues, to most other places where consideration of the other persons rights is a concept totally alien to us Indians. No amount of education seems to take that ugly Indian trait out of us. Abroad we behave, because like children, we need the threat of the big stick, and loss of so called connections to force us to.
Old 16th August 2009, 07:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

well some times it happens..
my question to you is.
you took a pic right? probably you took it on the cellphone so indirectly you were breaking the law also by using your cellphone in the car
well maybe your co passenger took it
Old 16th August 2009, 08:27   #22
BHPian

I was on an unfamiliar road the other day and was searching for a given landmark and didn't realize that there was a traffic light hidden from clear view behind an overhanging tree branch(light visible but not from all angles). It had turned red a second ago and there was not too much traffic around. I was driving real slow and suddenly i saw the red light but by then had crossed the zebra line and was positioned in an ugly situation like a safety car in front of all the other vehicles. Of course, I stopped and waited at the head of the queue for the light to turn green. no police or law machinery. Else it would have been a real disaster and I had no great excuses to give except for the fact that the signal was not clearly visible for an unfamiliar commuter.
Old 16th August 2009, 09:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Guys,

This is an surprising LAW BREAKING MISCHIEF by a BHPian at J.S.S. Circle in 7th block Jayanagar, Bangalore on 14.08.2009 at 1750 hrs eaxactly.

I know that most of us here do follow the rules on the streets, but still a request to strictly follow the rules on the streets, so that we represent this forum with more and more dignity in the years to come. LETS BECOME WELLL KNOWN FOR DOING THE RIGHT THINGS !
I agree with the sentiment in the last para, but I am curious as to the first para.
Why is the breach of law by a TBHPian a surprise to you? Even a commitment to not do so is not a requirement for membership at this time. Apart from being members of this community, we are also members of real world communities, and highly educated members at that. Why would we behave differently as members of one community if we care two hoots about our behaviour of members of those? And that, when the real world community membership carries with it the responsibility to obey its laws - this one does not have even that. So, would it matter if it did?
These are genuine questions, not just argumentative ones. If you read my thread on road safety, you will understand that.
Old 16th August 2009, 10:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I agree with the sentiment in the last para, but I am curious as to the first para.
Why is the breach of law by a TBHPian a surprise to you? Even a commitment to not do so is not a requirement for membership at this time. Apart from being members of this community, we are also members of real world communities, and highly educated members at that. Why would we behave differently as members of one community if we care two hoots about our behaviour of members of those? And that, when the real world community membership carries with it the responsibility to obey its laws - this one does not have even that. So, would it matter if it did?
These are genuine questions, not just argumentative ones. If you read my thread on road safety, you will understand that.
Hi Sawyer, I agree with your point that we all are also member of a larger world community. But we must also understand that not everyone are well educated about driving sense(traffic sense) in the bigger community.

We at team-bhp are a chunk of people who care about cars, traffic rules and all other things related to it. And since (i suppose) all of us here have good knowledge of traffic sense, we must go ahead and educate the people in bigger community about this whenever there is a violation.

I think people put team-bhp stickers just for show offs.
Old 16th August 2009, 10:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well some times it happens..
my question to you is.
you took a pic right? probably you took it on the cellphone so indirectly you were breaking the law also by using your cellphone in the car
well maybe your co passenger took it
Well, talking on the cellphone is a crime while driving or to be precise while in motion. Taking picture or texting is not a crime. Yet!
Old 16th August 2009, 10:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Well, talking on the cellphone is a crime while driving or to be precise while in motion. Taking picture or texting is not a crime. Yet!
How many times do we see the real picture
Old 16th August 2009, 12:27   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
So what? You want Mods to ban him for a month now? Like posting the image will change the world?

I mean, chill.
I think he has brought this up in a well framed post with the right intentions.
Awareness and discussion can help the situation. It wont undo that incident, but it surely can help curb further incidents like this.

Quote:
Just been having far too many instances where I pull up next to a car on seeing the sticker and try to inquire their handles. And they have absolutely no clue what tbhp is. Just that they found the sticker cool and picked it up from JC Road.
Mclaren, i have seen you mention this before - but haven't quite heard about it from anyone else. Do you happen to have any pictures of these stickers or specifically know where on JC road they are available. Something should be done about this.

Quote:
....The last 10 cars I have pulled up next to, not one turned out to be a member.
Well the stickers are also available to non-members who do follow Team-BHP, and given that we have a lot more readers than posters it would be a fair guess that quite a few Team-BHP stickered cars aren't driven by "registered members" but none-the-less Team-BHPians at heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
If one were to think of an imaginary ten commandments for drivers on the road, would every one of the people that have posted on this thread be in 100% compliance 100% of the time, policed or unpoliced?
The answer to that question is a pointer to where the problem lies. And its solution.
Agreed. ("Let he who is free of sin throw the first stone")
Which is why i think the best thing to do would be....

Quote:
....By this thread, i would like everybody to let me know if it would right on my part to reveal the car model, colour and the registration no.
.... mention just the make and color of the car, and not more.
That way friends of the possible member etc can alert him about this thread - and the purpose would be served without "public embarrassment", for lack of a better term.

If the member in question has something to say, he can always identify himself.

Quote:
....LETS BECOME WELLL KNOWN FOR DOING THE RIGHT THINGS !

cya
R
Old 16th August 2009, 12:59   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Mclaren, i have seen you mention this before - but haven't quite heard about it from anyone else.
Rehaan, I make it a point to say hi in person to every TBHPian I come across on the road. We have quite a lot of inactive members here, but they attend the meets regularly. And I have made some amazing friends through this forum and always look forward to meet more people. So I go that extra step to get their numbers, while most others would just continue to their destination.
Quote:
Do you happen to have any pictures of these stickers or specifically know where on JC road they are available. Something should be done about this.
Rehaan, I don't have any pics as I don't carry a phone with a camera. But yes, I do know a few shops where you can find these stickers. Maybe I can forward the details to one of the Bangy mods so that they can have a look.

Quote:
Well the stickers are also available to non-members who do follow Team-BHP, and given that we have a lot more readers than posters it would be a fair guess that quite a few Team-BHP stickered cars aren't driven by "registered members" but none-the-less Team-BHPians at heart.
The point I am trying to make here is that most of these people I met had "no clue" what TBHP was and had never heard of it before. As guests too. They just randomly picked up the stickers from a sticker shop because it looked nice.

A lot of them drive recklessly (even by my standards), not trying to preach here. I am ok as long as they don't come near my car and pull stunts. But there was this one time, where there was another silver baleno in the city, who had copied my car (rims, stickers to the T) and drove around nearly killing everyone on the road. Luckily for me, most friends who know me personally, knew that my baleno had never left my basement for nearly a year and was rotting as a breeding ground for rats. They managed to track down this other car and noted its number and got a few pics. I would not want that to happen to anyone of us here.

Recently, about a week back I stopped next to a Vtec which was running a customized tbhp sticker (never seen that design before). Spoke to the guy, he said he had no clue what it was, just that a few friends got it done, looked cool, so he borrowed one from them.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 16th August 2009 at 13:01.
Old 16th August 2009, 23:23   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.....I do know a few shops where you can find these stickers. Maybe I can forward the details to one of the Bangy mods so that they can have a look.
If you could PM me the shop names that would be great.

Quote:
.....The point I am trying to make here is that most of these people I met had "no clue" what TBHP was and had never heard of it before. As guests too. They just randomly picked up the stickers from a sticker shop because it looked nice.....
Cool, was just clarifying the above.

Thanks,
R
Old 17th August 2009, 03:02   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
If you could PM me the shop names that would be great
I can't recollect the names of the shops (its been a really long time since I have gone to JC Road), but I can direct them to these shops. Which is why I said, we can have some local moderators to look into this issue as they can go check this out personally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks